list of proposed projects
for CHT season 7
→ also see next.totalism.org
< DRAFT+ >
20200718 quick overview
* 🔗works - top-level, general focus, assigned tasks
* 🔗camps - previous subseasons, with projects
* 🔗tech-tree - an overview of CHT infrastructure categories (including next steps)
* XXX🔗todos - internal orga
Table of Contents
PREFIXES → project categories
* INFRA = new infrastructure & maintenance
* SYS = systematics
* THEORY = generalized reflection, including tactics (manifests, protocols, etc)
* PR = spread, promotion and public relations
* MEDIA = hypermedia, representation systems
* LAND = practical & research nature-culture interventions
* DEV = software (programming) & hardware development, deployment (servers), etc
* OP = administrative operations (archives, grants, bureocracy, treasury, etc)
* EVENT = public happenings
SUFFIXES → type of work
* PC = at computer & at telephone (can do anywhere)
* LIVE = present outside, together, but anywhere
* @@ = present at bases - exploring/meeting/working there
*** On next camp (CHT7B)
See next.totalism.org !
[!] •COOP• CCC, 36c3, etc | PC °
* 36c3 event (December 2019):
RESOURCE EXHAUSTION !!!
* Get CCC attendance vouchers for 36c3 !
* Finish work from 🔗event-cccamp19 !:
Document best 🔗ccc-solar setups at camp.
* Approach critically CHT vs CCC organisation patterns:
economic, community, ...
[!] •COOP• "Lim0" Distribution system | PC+@@ °
* Continue 🔗lim0 project !
* Ready another batch of portable solar setups:
ORDER NOW !!!
[!!] INFRA: Maintain Trucko van | @@+PC °
See 🔗trucko-now !
 •INFRA/OPS• Boat / Sailing | @@+PC
See 🔗boating !
[!] •INFRA• Ordering new stuff | PC+LIVE
Defining, researching, selecting, financing, buying, shipping/delivering ... new equipment.
Addresses at 🔗shipping-new.
Also consider connection / #tomerge to 🔗lim0 !!!
Specifically, for more on Van parts see 🔗trucko-new.
[!] •INFRA• Washing Machine
#tomerge : (i wrote options somewhere before)
* hand washing - need more buckets !!!
* set up a public station ?
* rogue apts use ?
* +tila ??
 INFRA: Second Van | @@+PC
Found a candidate:
A white ~1985 Syncro (4x4) Dokka T3. ("Platform Chassis").
Is it worth betting 1000€ (500€ buy + 500€ fix + 2 months work) on the second van?
What would it be?:
* A containerized tiny-house platform?:
* A distribution system:
* food truck ?
* "drop in" 🔗lim0 store ?
* A to-distribute a copy of 🔗trucko?:
aka "sell off" aka 🔗lim0
* [...] !!!
[!] INFRA: Lanzarote secondary project storage / #Vaults | @@
Move the stuff that we cannot fit into the van, from current place (@MB1), to some new place.
* ASK people for (temporary) storage space
* RENT (temporary) storage space
* BUY land
--> Installing & synergizing different base-types!
[!] •THEORY• Postinternet distribution | PC+LIVE
#Vaults, coop logistics
Postinternet content & goods networks.
Developed during "Networks with an Attitude" @ Antwerp/BE, April 2019.
See 🔗postinternet-distribution !
 •THEORY• Post-Postmodernist Art | PC+LIVE
Beyond classic-mimetic, modernist, and postmodernist.
Contemporary art is most often whimsical, out-of-context, inconsequential, and not truly engaging the "topics of our time".
Considering the present - environmental, political, ... - situation, this is aesthetically grotesque.
Assemble manifesto and practices:
* Establish measure of Urgency, and a consequent ethics-politics-aesthetics.
* Call-out all the bullshitt.
* New curatorial strategies - what is Totalist curation?
[!] •THEORY• Base type 5: Squatting | @@
Document the process of occupying a house, with a case in progress.
 •THEORY• Overview Questionniare | PC
For newcomers, to fill in:
* subflow !
* goals (general) !
* activities (planned projects) !
 •THEORY• Overview All Hackbase Types | PC
See 🔗hackbases !
Must be presented properly at 🔗36c3 !
 •THEORY/PR• General Outcomes : Think CHT beyond "place" | PC
1) "we are a community (lol) at a place" [implementing a pattern]
* we offer infrastructure
2) we are researching some pattern ("hackbase type X")
3) we are a general lab researching a set of patterns <------------
* we make systematics and tactics
* we offer infrastructure to research infrastructure
* we document patterns that can be replicated
In a sense it is about abstraction but also
it is populair to consider this adv lesser than “real action or even activism”
talk antw set of tactics, tricks tools and manuals and Dairs
[!] •THEORY• Overthink CHT problems & solutions | LIVE+PC
* Lack of liquid capital:
(coco/pau, coop?, few donations, ...)
* Unstable timing:
Can be solved with:
* fixed timing (=yearly "A", "B" and "C" seasons)
* then supplemented by "X" SEASONS (if by 🔗flocking)
* Worldwide situation developing fast
-> 🔗consolidation !
* Lack of people power:
* realize need to do the job (and only quit if there is alternatives)
* Precarious, unstable conditions to work:
-> 🔗consolidation !
* Less experimentation, more release.
[!] •PR• Project Spread | PC+LIVE
* how to find more executive people for the projects.
* how to have a more participatory works
* ... and preparation works ... -> redo 🔗flocking !
* improve PR in general
* improve project definitions
* re-activate people we know
* [...] !!!
[!] •PR• Overview all PR (promotion, public relation) docs
* 🔗pr (old)
[!!] •PR/MEDIA• How to keep people updated? | PC+LIVE
* Send regular site "patches" to mailing list
Make a system for this !!!
* Opt-in to specific topics
Ties to 🔗list !!!
Basics (new stuff, announcement in due time, general open calls to action, etc), political/intepersonal protocols, software development, consolidation/intersub (other orgs, calendar, etc).
* Media reporting ?
Ties to XXX🔗postmedia ?
Eg have "press kit", etc.
[!] MEDIA/PR: Website ++ | PC+LIVE
* Make user tester group.
* Reread all content also from other pods-internals, old wikis etc.
* Develop better content release graduation (by PRIORITY, CURRENT STATE, etc).
[!] •SYS/THEORY• Revectorize alliances. | PC
No more alliances based on simulacra!
”Too many college radicals are two-timing punks. The only reason you should be in college is to destroy it.”
― Abbie Hoffman, Steal This Book
🔗alike page is good, but lacking.
* It needs to merge with 🔗intersub and even 🔗postmarket.
* Develop "Call-out culture" for anyone involved with, based on distinct re-processed set of values.
Who are really our closest organisations? Are we comrades, or are we "friends"?
[!!] SYS: Research and list other island activity. | PC+@@+LIVE
We have never been there, and do not know much about the initiatives or people there.
--> 🔗canarias !!!
Starting with Fuerteventura and Tenerife.
* list, map (PC)
* go there
* send 100 mails to these places:
write generic communiques !!!
[!] •OP/DEV• "Remote work"
A) Remote work outside of subseasons
B) Remote support during subseasons !!
Important and under-utilized so far !!!
 •OP/EVENT• Collaboration project with Gov Institutions
A project with Ayuntamiento, Cabildo, [...]
!!! Link past materials about this !!!
* people of 🔗canarias
* +uroš (send a student!)
[!] •OP/COOP/THEORY• Hackbase-In-A-Box (HIAB) : Standardize CHT as Post/Extra-capitalist System
* write it down
BOXES and WHAT IS IN THEM
FLOW OF STUFF
* develop this into a purchasable item (#lim0):
* possibly, find an investor (Vinay?)
* adopt + note down in excel-like system
* CONTINUE ON "LEVELS" SYSTEM OF BASIC INFRA!
 •OP/PR/SYS• Overview: Local People Contacts
Who could we work with more?
See XXX🔗contacts !
[?] OP: Position to win grants. | PC
* a semi-associated form / fiscal sponsor
* new push for 🔗grants
* roles development, capacity building
 •HACK• Run Trucko van on Vegetable Oil
* read the book
* find sources
* find where oil goes currently from orange bins distributed around island
* try different fuels
* find other people doing this
* find typical polluting data (for different fuels)
* sensors to measure exhausts ?
[!!] CoCo council #2 | PC+@@
We will hold a week-long 🔗postmarket council !
[!] EVENT: Define Trucko van as a mobile hacklab
See: 🔗trucko-mobile !
[!!] EVENT: Tenesar PCC | @@
See 🔗tenesar-pcc !
[!!] DEV: Server todos | PC
All >david ...
* fix the server extra disk drive:
* local server + remote backups !!!
* better redundancy and uptime checks
* redo admin semaphore !
[!] DEV: OsmAnd offline maps sharing | PC
Continue work from CHT6B +korentin !
[!] INFRA: High-level projects overview ("tech tree")
See 🔗tech-tree-new !
* advance subfields: architecture, energetics, washing, studio...
* read, re-write and publish existing documentation !!!
[!] MEDIA/EVENT: CHT Exhibitions
Ties to 🔗representation and XXX🔗postpostmodernism
Develop/collect content and systems to present the project in different formats:
* workshop (like "how to self-organise a hackbase")
* lecture (communiques)
 INFRA/MEDIA: mobile publishing house | PC+@@
* make instant-publications, zines, manuals/protocols, etc
* we have already a lot to just make this working...:
* organise a specific tool-box:
* stapler (>lies has a big one, to make publications)
[!] INFRA: socio-ergonomics | @@
* establish better working conditions for group+individual use
* ties to 🔗tech-tree
[!] MEDIA: representation systems | PC+LIVE
"Corporate identity" - generator
* ties to XXX🔗relational-aesthetics
<---------------------------------- PICKED PROJECTS above (now)(new)
*** TOPICS (older subseasons)
#TOMERGE NOW !!!!!!
_____ CHT6A + CHT6B _____
* (General happening every time)
* Hang out, read books, drink wine, eat good food, swim in the ocean
* Raise money & buy new stuff
* Share media and data
* Make a temporary lab
* Reorganize project equipment
* (to fit in the van better)
* Buy more Ikea boxes ! #ordering
* Find better ways to group by contexts of usage, and document this
* Try connecting more with locals - organize:
* regular weekly events, like:
* WED: hack-together in library
* SUN: generator party (generator + projector + loud sound = desert film/music)
* one-time events:
* technical workshops, see 🔗teaching
* public presentation of camp, as site
* public presentation at cultural venues
* maps & navigation development:
See 🔗dev-maps !
* use and document new software parts we've developed
* move away from Google MyMaps !
* rewrite Newcomers protocol
See 🔗newcomers !
* get clear info about:
* physical condition (can you bike? walk a lot? carry weight?)
* camping priorities (fun to learn? want to do extreme? only if very comfortable?)
* Work on tents tech
See 🔗hypertent !
* upkeep and document the 🔗lights system
It should work still ... ?
* upkeep: generator:
* runs fine cht6a, cht6b !
* needs to be a bit better documented
* upkeep: drone:
* order & install new engines
* learn to fly in auto-mode :)
* TODO: check legality:
* upkeep: DC-regulation electronics !!!:
Some stuff broke last time!
We still have atleast one buck/boost !
Need to put in a proper box etc
Should document under 🔗solar !
* Visit Fuerteventura (the closest other island) with van
* improve: protocol about where to set camp?
1) develop landsites to reflect all knowledge
2) deciding? probably voting.
prepare residents for these situations !:
"you'll need to carry, walk, bike, hitch this much..."
* advance the cooperation with the local governments
_____ OLDER _____
Get from 🔗camps !!!!!!
*** TOPICS ( UNSORTED & NEW )
<---------------------------------- UNSORTED (new) above
*** TOPICS ( INTERESTING )
THEORY/OP -- Document short "parallel activity"
See 🔗flow-microtime !
INFRA/MEDIA -- CHT Radio
* use mpd to stream, from server
* devise a schedule, play:
* curated podcasts
* curated music
* curated other media (https://media.ccc.de, etc)
* stock radio (like ooooo.be) ......... #ordering !!!
* project androids, via 🔗dev-android-repurpose
* all residents in group call
* push to talk (with different priority settings)
* "always connected, without physical proximity":
#hyperconscience #workflow #intersub
THEORY/COCO -- Support radicalizing interpersonal relations
See XXX🔗interpersonal !
PR/THEORY -- Communicating the project
* do more user testing ! put to XXX🔗usertest !
* ... include historic analysis: what worked in the past?
* connect with 🔗dev-visu, 🔗representation.systems
MEDIA -- Hypermedia Artsy Ideas
* look cool on instagram
* awkward / awesome situation for local people ("hAPPENING")
* PROJECTING STUFF on a piece of desert / rock wall / desert trees / occupied something / 🔗trucko:
OP/COOP -- A Month of Trading
Making money in the financial system.
* Is it hard, or easy?
* How far could we go in month with Wikipedia🔗Quant stuff?
* If we put in 100€, what would we get out?
* How can trading easily be compounded, shared? #collaboration
* Who's doing similar things? :
* Robin Hood fund
* "ethical investment"
DEV/COCO -- Resources-based Social Network
Ties to 🔗CoCo !!!
* networks of convictions:
* network of cash:
#hypercommunism type fund
fractional delegation of "own money" to common accounts
* network of material resources:
(see 🔗postmarket for template)
* dynamics of routing it:
SYS/LAND -- Farming @Lanzarote (and @Canarias)
* create a site that merges what we have already !!! :
ties to #garduino #herding etc
* prepare ENG/ESP statement for collaboration
* work with people:
* +manuel.potato.farmer !
* alejandro (has land in tabayesco)
* +kos and +gonzalo also !
* explore the island and tag best practices!:
define/merge oldie system of "tagging people progress":
(has solar panel? has water mgmt? has advanced crops? ...)
* problem : it's long term, so we need to either:
b) collaborate + monitor
c) have something that works in the short run (<3 months), and stage it at start
OP/PSYCHO -- The "Fun" Factor
Is CHT "fun"? Should it be "fun"? In what way is it "fun"?
* "fun" : a bodily experience
* "funny" : (related to Kant's experience)
* "enjoyable"? : a more high-level, rationalized, calculated
* "exciting"? : bodily, momentous, "avant-garde"
* "comfortable" : bodily, societal, def often used negative
See XXX🔗fun !
 THEORY | Food Systems & Breadbasket failures
"""According to the UN’s Food and Agricultural Organization (Statistics Division 2016), a relatively small area of the world, 23 percent of total cropland, accounts for a large proportion of total global cereal production, with most of the area devoted to three major cereal crops: maize (70.3 percent), wheat (69.3 percent), and rice (84.5 percent)."""
* What would a MBBF (Multi Breadbasket Failure) look like?
* What would be the dramaturgy of such a collapse?:
How long into the Sowing-to-Harvest timeline would we realize this?
How would panic buying play out?
 LAND: Birds and Cats | PC+@@
Birds are amazing, but often highly troubled.
"Feral cats kill an estimated 480 million birds in the US each year"
There are existing organisations working with that in Lanzarote:
* Punctum photographers
* Island Ecology and Evolution Research Group (IPNA, CSIC)
* Archipelago Chinijo
Domestic and semi-wild cats are a direct threat to birds.
* What is the population, and other factors that can be (or are) traced?
* What is the numeric scale of the problem?
* What can be done to counter this?
* Are there laws in place, are they respected?
* What is the state of protected areas?
* The cost of pets and pet food:
* https://edition.cnn.com/2019/02/22/africa/botswana-elephants-hunting-intl-scli/index.html (bushmeat as pet food)
<---------------------------------- (new)(INTERESTING) above
*** TOPICS ( RANDOM )
DIY -- Fix +christo ipad (80gb) !
A) fucked batt
B) disk mode!
* attack vector at laptop!
LAND -- Wild Animal "Management"
It's 2019-06, Slovenia is about to kill 200 bears and 20 wolves.
How many are killed?
How to monitor?
How to rebalance?
+KuM have ideas about this
"i don't want wolves in my garden"
also "killing is cruel"
"pastoral sheep = very bad":
<-- !!! might be ...
PSYCHO -- Social media company infleunce engineering
""" If you click on the hashtag #primarkljubljana on my post on Instagram (that follows all policies), the post magically disappears from the collection of posts with that hashtag, only the cover remains!!! This with no doubt shows that my content has been censored to CONSCIOUSLY MANIPULATE THE PUBLIC."""
Also called "Shadow Banning".
Does this really happen?
is this a #redline for facebook?
<---------------------------------- RANDOM (new) above
(Site generated by E2H, an "Etherpad hypermedia" project by @dcht00).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.