Collection of software and organisational behaviours, that powers the Totalism hackbase.
Table of Contents
* document all own projects (green ellipse)
* link them from graph
2017-10-10 (added graph)
The Totalism Hackbase is running since 2011.
This is a collection of software and organisational behaviours that powers it.
1) finding out what is really needed (speculative information tech research)
2) assemblage + assembling for easy deploy of existing tools
3) coding the remainder ourselves
* free software
* easy to deploy on GNU/Linux
* both backend + data easily replicable ("self-hosted" on every machine)
* resilient (=you can still read & work) even with full-offline, or localnet-only
* takes best of intermittent periods of internet
Contact & Social Media
Also see: ?pr, ..
Current hackbase workflow for text does not need internet
* installed on local server (= somebody's lap
* enables individual and group brainstormings
Also see ?workflow-ethering for some good practices on how to collaborate with Etherpad.
2) Etherpad Fetches:
* bash script downloads Etherp
* P2P local file sync
* user discovers others by ma
There are spreadsheets in .ods format.
* full financials (running costs per person, space totals, ...) - see ?subfinance
* resource use (water, energy, gas, food, ...) - see CHT-ARCHIVE?subeconomics
* inventory of bought stuff - see ?stuff
* simulations / modelling:
* food and nutritional needs - see ?food
* solar energy - see ?solar
* subflow/subtime (time and work models)
* land attribute analysis - see ?land-attributes
* generative architecture - see ?hacking-housing
* hack fields + activities per EU spaces - see ?h
* prototype new UIs
* not consi
Future: <---- #TODO
* make it easier to extract data (.ods to CSV/JSON/...), see here: http://stackoverflow.com/
* replace data entry/edit moves to etherpad + middl
* Internal maps site:
* All maps are open-editable !
* based on Google MyMaps (ex "Google Maps Engine")
* This will be migrated to self-hosted OpenStreetMaps <------ #TODO
* OsmAnd (Android/iOS):
* offers free worldwide offline maps!
* possible to import our points from ?maps !!!
* also supports recording (tracking) to .GPX:
* offline .KML and .GPX copies of ?maps
* subset of .PDF maps <--------- #TO
* used sometimes
* IRC: quassel server + client
Software - Testing:
* migrating IRC to matrix.org + weech
* Telegram Groups are supposed
* gajim + av
* nmap (discovering others on
Calendaring / Scheduling
Some way for people to coordinate when they're coming around, assisting ?flocking.
See http://totalism.org/schedule and ?schedule
Tracking site changes
* need to find some RSS solution for ?E2H
(other small bits)
IN DEVELOPMENT / MISSING PARTS
P2P Local Resource fetching / Routing ("LINKROUTE")
Media - photo, audio, video - curation ("HYPERPHOTO")
Ties to ?text, and subprojects.
What is needed:
* acquire (beyond libgen and aaarg) - a "t
* curate libr
* either way:
a) read pdf/epub/mobi/...
b) better - compare to new, universal, bett
* ability to annotate and share annotated stuff
Offline archive ("MIRRORABLE" / "TTARCHIVE")
Funding system (for land, etc)
Managing common accounts & sharing access
* ?stuff - stuff we have
* merge from local "cht"
* david's "+++ workflow"
<---------------------------- add (new) here: [...]
use Textexpander for your OS
(Site generated by E2H, an "Etherpad hypermedia" project by @dcht00).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.