< DRAFT+ >
_ _ _ __
| | | | | | \ \
/ __) __) __) _____ _____\ \
\__ \__ \__ \ |_____|_____/ /
( ( ( / /_/
|_| |_| |_|
1) Collaborative & prioritized list of things the project is currently buying:
If you are coming to the base, you should seriously consider and co-ordinate to bring some of this stuff!
2) Collaborative research document about a wide array of equipment:
containing a multitude of buying opinions, decisions, reviews and future (improvement) directions
2016xxxx original site
20200902 overviewing last orders for cht8a
20200918 MO of old site + overview
* 🔗protocol-ordering : how to manage articles on this list
* 🔗stuff : equipment we already have
* 🔗resources-ship : "what to get from where"
* 🔗shipping : postal and shipping info
* 🔗markets : "where to buy things" - Suppliers & Accounts
* 🔗lim0 : (concept) replacing capitalist shops
Table of Contents
*** GENERAL OVERVIEW
!!! STUFF NEEDED !!!
The space needs cool stuff. A lot of stuff is more difficult to find, or is more expensive on the islands than in the mainland.
Please bring stuff to leave in the space.
If possible, organise a collect mission from your local hackerspace.:
Take an extra 20kg luggage case?
Usually, bigger spaces have a lot of stuff to share they don't need, but might be useful to CHT.
If you have good supply prices the space would buy stuff off you.
Support for covering the extra flight baggage is possible too.
The list below is just a quick overview. Many more items in more details are specified further.
* PRIORITY : MAKER & DIY TOOLS !
* 18/20V power tools !!!:
* radial ("angular grinder")
* impact driver
* circular saw
* + batteries
* + direct DC connection
* woodworking tools etc
* glass tools (cutting)
* staple gun
* 3D printer
* more LED lights:
blinkenlights to light up camp at night
head lamps, flash lights
* more energy and renewable energy tech:
* MPPT solar charge controllers
* lenovo x220-x230 & x240-x260 compatible batteries (9-cell ~40€)
* lithium batteries (18650, etc) & charge controllers
* small AGM batteries
* pure sine DC-AC inverter (~1000W):
(can also use smaller ones)
* DC regulators (buck/boost converters)
* network equipment:
* long-distance wifi antennas (like Ubiquiti)
* any wifi routers (that can run OpenWRT)
* longer UTP cables (10m+)
* ELECTRONICS !!:
* microcomputers (like Raspberry Pi)
* microcontrollers (like Arduino)
* microcontroller sensors:
(especially in usable form, or you want to make it so!)
serial adapter, logic analyser, oscilloscope
* components, wires, cables, pins, shrink tubes, adapters, ...
* chargers for controllers (5V / micro usb)
* generic "bench top" power supply
* alligator clips !!!!!!!
* LAB EQUIPMENT:
* spectroscopy / spectrometry
* quality tarp materials !!
* sewing machine (ideally for rougher materials, like tarps):
UPDATE: have one, but needs to be inspected / tried
* project stuff and hack materials:
* electric winches (any size)
* electric motors
* storage boxes / impermeable bags
as big as possible !!
currently using Ikea boxes (max ~130 Litres ~20€)
(looking for other, bigger and cheap generic solution)
* audio and video (A/V) equipment:
* stills/short video up to 2hrs: Canon 5D Mark iii/iv or Canon 6D (for high ISO + great quality)
* multi-way AV cabling
* small tripod (for phones), like "gorillapod"
* boom mic + shockmount + windshield/fluffy thing
* steadycam? (can DIY instead)
* raincover for all cameras!!!
* studio / music equipment:
microphones, effects, guitar pedals, cables, etc
also see 🔗studio
* camping stuff and outdoor equipment:
* tents and tarps
* telescopic tent poles
* inflatable mattresses etc
* any ultra-light stuff
* decent camping bags and backpacks (larger or trek)
* good ropes (for tent structures, climbing, etc)
* interesting seeds !
* telescope !!
* fishing gear !!
* SDR / Software Defined Radio / r4dio badges:
* Mid-size infrastructure
* small experimental reverse osmosis plant + ~ 100m pipes ~1000€ ?
* metal scaffolding set (temporary construction experimentation) ~1000€
* panel / wall set:
4 x 10 metres ~500€
OSB wood panels? textile? [...] ?
Investment plans to buy land → 🔗season4
* a small digger ~3000€
See 🔗boating !
* some small boat / kayak ~300-500€
* MORE VEHICLES
Also see 🔗hackbase-type4 and 🔗trucko !
ORDERING IN PROCESS
*** THE PROTOCOL
How to manage articles on this list?
→ 🔗protocol-ordering !
Prioritise orders like:
!!! = primary ← decided, should be done, should have enough info
!! = secondary
! = tertiary
~ = maybe
K = done
@ = to be bought local
E = "every now and then"
*** <1A> DELIVERED, ON SITE
DO NOT ORDER
WE ALREADY HAVE THIS
( NEEDS TO BE MOVED TO 🔗stuff )
<----------- ↑↑↑(done): ON SITE
*** <1B> DELIVERED, NOT YET ON SITE
DO NOT ORDER AGAIN
WE ALREADY ORDERED THIS
WAITING FOR DELIVERY & CHECKUP !
<----------- ↑↑↑(done): NOT ON SITE
*** <1C> ORDERED + WAITING
THIS IS THE MATERIAL WE ALREADY ORDERED
DO NOT CONSIDER ORDERING THIS
*** <0> READY TO ORDER
<-------------------- ↑↑↑(ready to order)
[!] sensible 12V 75W soldering
[!] class d amplifier, min 200W
[!] Miband 2
buy 1 or 2 more.
30€ per piece.
Use https://github.com/Freeyourgadget/Gadgetbridge !!!
*** <-1> ORDER: In Preparation
* IS decided
* IS known who orders and where to deliver
[~] Standard Lenovo X220 Li-ion battery
For solar setup with external charger.
Doing research in tabs, there's different types....
Best to buy them all and compare ...
[!!!@] Big solar panel
→→→A) FIX THEM ON ROOF (without overhang)
B) FIX THEM ON ROOF WITH RACK SO THEY LOOK OVER, AND LEGALIZE THIS SOMEHOW
C) TRANSPORT THEM INSIDE, THEN LAY THEM OUTSIDE
320 (maybe 340) x 150cm
380Wp ~ 120€ (3→1) ???
200 x 99cm:
EXTRA ~150x120/140cm → TWO 67x100cm
450Wp ~190€ (2→1)
211 x 105cm:
== FITS 1
== 450 WP:
+ EXTRA 150 x 110cm → TWO 67 x 100cm = 200Wp
+ EXTRA 40CM STRIP
285Wp ~ 90€ (3→1)
164 x 99cm:
== MAYBE!!! FITS 2 (AT LENGTHS)
+ EXTRA 50CM STRIP
105Wp ~ 60€ (2→1)
100 x 67 cm:
== FITS 4 = 400WP:
+ EXTRA 50cm strip
87 x 67 cm
66 x 35 cm
30€ == 30Wp:
Could fill in 5 extra! for 150€ and 150Wp !
170€ → 100Wp
ONLY 2 YEAR WARRANTY
175Wp → $205
== huh 4 maybe even 5
== 700Wp plus
________ EXTRA INFO
* PERC ???
* HALF CELL = IMPROVED TECH
"The panel is resistant to salt mist, ammonia, and blowing sand and therefore suitable for seaside, farm, or desert areas."
[!!!] Integrated MPPT CC + inverter
[~] Portable Solar Panel
160€ 100W 18V
OTHERS OPTIONS (~2020):
SUAOKI 120W 160€
OTHERS OPTIONS (~2019):
90€ 60W 18V
We have one of these!
It's okay but stronger would be better!
125€ 80W 18V
150€ 80W 18V
SUAOKI 120€ 60W 18V
[!!] Buck-Boost DC regulator
* BUCK (step-down) and BOOST (step-up) !
* minimum 100W !
* display ?
* hackable ?
* easy to box ? ← (use legos?)
* "Magideal" DPH3205:
looks like kkmoon !
max output 35W - NOT OKAY
with box 75€
Yeeco DC Power Supply Buck Converter
above 35W needs fan! can do 75W?
1 x LTC3780 Automatic up/down Power Module
Input Voltage: DC5 – 32 V
Output Voltage: DC 1 – 30 V can be freely adjusted
Output Current: 10 A (Max); long-term within 7 A
Output Power: 80 W; Peak 130 W (more than 80 W Please amplify Wärmeableitung)
huh? """The default setting of the low voltage is 18. When the input less than 18 V up, the fault light on. Please turn the low voltage protection function clockwise and anti-clockwise directions, to reduce the setting."""
15€ 4A DISPLAY
*** <-3> ORDER: researching
→ FIND MORE OFFERS
→ DOCUMENT MORE PARAMETERS
→ GET MORE EXPERT INPUT !
→ MAKE DECISION ASAP !
[!!!] Trucko MAIN AGM / BIG AGM / ~120Ah ~200€
ACUMULADOR AGM 118 Ah C100 → 193€
110Ah → 170€
[R!!] WASHING -- Universal eco liquid (like "Wonderwash")
Wonderwash is universal:
shampoo, shower, laundry, dishes
Not cheap, but not super expensive. 6€ for 250ml
decathlon 8€ "super expensive tiny one"
but you can also use it for food, etc
* shampoo & soap
* dishwashing detergent
* laundry wash
[**!!] WASHING -- specifically BIO SHAMPOO
[~] PORTABLE SEWING MACHINE
(if we can use a space with electricity)
explore "portable sewing machines"
got a 6€ one...
to test, might be super shitty
[@!!] GET 2 BIKES !!!
a) buy on island from fb groups, see https://totalism.org/markets
b) bring in from Slovenia, Easyjet price ~ 50€ !
[**??] LIDAR: 300m range, 100€ ?
[!?] ESP32 or similar, for long-term surveilance/logging
6mA sleep mode, has SD card slot, WiFi, and camera (not the simplest to program - rpi zero w + camera module is a full linux alternative)
[!!] PWR -- Charge controller with Li-Ion / Li-Pol battery support
See XXX🔗20190402 pad !
[!] PWR -- Lithium / Life MAIN BATTERY
Would this work just as-is? (as it's a single cell)
Or does it need to be a part of a bigger pack?
What would be the charge controller for it?
Can Victron do it?:
* https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:mppt-solarchargers :
mentions "program 7" !
[E~] REGULAR -- Modulor or Muji strong transparent zipper bags
For A4, around ~10€ but "last for life"
Great for documents, electronics, etc
[@~] ELX -- Boxes for electronics
A) can upcycle random food boxes
B) set of tuperwares
C) 3d printing (bit of an overkill)
D) LEGO !!!
sides (normal 4x2)
1x1x2 or 1x1x3 ("pillars")
thin matching floors (8x10 or whatever?)
or, do it with technic:
* use real pillars
* any other cool ideas ???
[~] CAMPING -- cool Sleeping pad design (Klymit)
[~] CAMPING -- alcohol stove
[*!!] PWR -- li-ion cell battery charger (18650 etc) ~20€
4 cells, $20
[@!] WATER -- heating via "solar mats"
[??] WATER -- filter pills ~20€
you can get a lot of pills to make water drinkable.
[!?] WATER -- Filtration straw 10€
[**!!?] WATER -- Filter / sanitation ~50-100€
* is it for SILVER or WHITE water?
* maybe buy 2 (one cheap ~20€ for basic, one for ~100€ for making drink water from silver water)
* keep in mind that they have replaceable parts:
* !!! calculate costs
* ask people:
>santi / >hem
BRITA uses charcoal, you can buy it separate and just throw it in the water
and it does the same thing
i think this is bullshit and i need a proper link to tell me this:
<lies>→ "People have long used activated charcoal as a natural water filter. Just as it does in the intestines and stomach, activated charcoal can interact with and absorb a range of toxins, drugs, viruses, bacteria, fungus, and chemicals found in water."
also ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaAblon69sI
90€ UV filter ....... 9W
<lies> this will never be ok for drinking! We need filters that are specifically ok for "consuming" the water.
[M??] Li-ion BMS (18650)
Li-ion Battery Managment System
Maximum discharge currrent - 100A
[**!!!?] PWR -- 220V timer starter
switch on/off with time
[**!!!] PWR -- 220V power strip + individual switches (20€)
perfect, also has USB
[**!!!?] WATER -- bigger DC water pump ~30€
(super tiny we have = 300L/h == 5L/min)
we need maybe about ~3000-5000L/h
maybe self-priming ?
[**!!] ELX -- 2-pin connector (any type)
needs to take min .... 500W / 50A
[**@?!!] MEDIC -- black light
LED UV light 35€
which frequency ???
[@!!] CHEF -- pressure cooker
* "softening" fish bones:
* preservation ("fridge")
[**!!!?] LAPTOP -- x240/x250 big (9-cell) battery
[??] LAPTOP -- old thinkpad x-series
x220 OR x201
have 3 in Slovenia (x201 & x220 & x230)
maybe should just send this somehow ???
[!!?] LAPTOP -- lenovo thinkpad x260
want to try it!
[!!!?] cables (jackjack audio ; usb ; 18650 ; ...)
* jackjack audio:
* 3.5mm | 2,5€ | no shipping & next day delivery :
* 3.5mm | 2€ (no shippingcosts?) :
* 3.5mm | 5€ :
* ~4€ | usb female cable - micro usb :
[**!!!@] cheap and portable AGMs (1-2x):
12V 14ah C120 / 12ah C20
A) 1-2 of about same size or smaller (to distribute powering small things)
B) 1 bigger ~32Ah / 10kg ("U1" size) ~80€ → effective 200Wh
~32Ah are the optimal compromise of weight (~10kg, not more) and power.
This will deliver 50% in practice ... so 15A x 12V =~ 160-200Whof
For a price of 80€ this is still ~2x efficiency of Li-Ion.
But also much heavier etc ...
* SAME : 12V 14Ah | 40 € | 4kg! :
* SMALLER : 12V 3.3Ah | 30 € | 1,3 kg :
* BIGGER : 12V 44Ah | 100 € | 14,1 kg :
Not very good prices!
* can you bring >100Wh AGM batteries in hold?
* ... how about in carry-on ?
* 10kg is half weight of suitcase ... so 10€ shipping
* https://www.ezmobilitybatteries.com/wheelchair-batteries-for-dummies (sizes names)
these prices are not OK
will buy here.
[R!!] big steel clips
* 4.57€ | Steelgrip 2262541 Spring Clamp, 4"
Lies: ~8€ for 4 in Hubo (Mechelen, BE)
[!!] mini clamps
* 4.3€ | 100mm Pack Of 2 Silverline Mini Clamps
[!!!] HOUSE -- medium plastic clips
[!!!] HOUSE -- small wood clips ("laundry style")
[!!?] TRUCKO -- car parts ... handbrake cable:
>LIES put Belgian shops on 🔗markets !!!
-- done! <l>
and share accounts (so I can just inspect / add things / check sellers)
we should prioretize a service that allows us a collab workflow
-- where should I share this info with you? >d!!!
[!~] CAMERA -- bigger lens ?
[!~] PWR/LAPTOP -- another IBM external battery charger
[~] CAR -- flaring tools (for brake lines copper)
[!] GADGET -- second miband
1-2x miband! (like last time via bol.com)
* Panasonic HC-W580 videocamera | 120€ | keerbergen
* s15 panasonic digitale videocamera | 75€ | Antwerpen
* Panasonic HC-V770 full HD camera | 250€ | Grimbergen (combodeal with gopro?)
* JVCGZ-HM650 camcorder | 75€ | Waasmunster
all via https://www.2dehands.be/ (expired)
[**!!!] rpi 4 (new one) ~50€
and shields: ???
[!!?] COMM/ELX/OPS -- remote sensor activated camera
[!] COMM/ELX -- LORA gear
(long-range low-power communication thing)
[**!!] COMM/ELX -- SDR
some USB are very cheap, ~10€
[!] (L) foldable toilet - ~50€
definetly an upgrade, maybe we can make something like this ourselves?
(for that price...)
[!!?] 12V → 5V converter
Like this one?:
[!!@] bluetooth mouse & keyboard
would open new #ergonomics options
could also use shittier laptops then?
also needed for the tiny computers
[!!] MEDIA -- bluetooth → female audio jack (receiver)
[R!!] MEDIA -- SD & mini SD scard
1x SD 15.55€ | 128GB High Performance Class 10 U1 SDXC Flash Memory Card
1 or 2 x 32 or 64 gb
[/$] TRUCKO PARTS
[/] portable 100w solar panel 180€
[@!!] MEDIC -- first aid kit
[!!!] MEDIC -- painkillers & other pills
* Anti-diarrhea medication
* Cough and cold medications
[!!!] MEDIC -- plasters & bandages
* Compression Bandage System
* Curad- Wound Closure Strips
* "The C-Splint™ is a pliable thin core of aluminum alloy, sandwiched between two layers of closed-cell foam which becomes extremely strong and supportive for any fractured or injured limb."
[!!] MEDIC -- Instant cold pack
[!!!] MEDIC -- Silver Antimicrobial Wound Gel
[!!] MEDIC -- Aloe vera gel
[!!] MEDIC -- anti-biotic ointment
[!] MEDIC -- herbal teas
[!!] MEDIC -- vicks
[!!!@] MEDIC -- calendula cream
[!] MEDIC -- blood pressure measurer
[!!!] MEDIC -- proper masks
via sister lies
[!!] MOBILITY -- second van OR a camper house
[**!!!] UNIVERSAL CABLE WIRE CONNECTORS / WAGO junction box
"30/50/100pcs Universal Cable wire Connectors 222 TYPE Fast Home Compact wire Connection push in Wiring Terminal Block PCT-212"
cheap replacement but good enough
wago is not cheap ... like 3€ per piece whoa
... this one has "0.01€ shipping costs with first delivery to france or belgium!
→ NOT OK, because they don't close!
* 20€ | ViD® - Assortiment de 200 mini bornes de connexion rapide C2073 pour fils rigides
... this one has "0.01€ shipping costs with first delivery to france or belgium!
* ~14€ | 10x 5-fold & 10x 3-fold
LINK ??? >lies
[~SR] Rechargable AAA batteries
(currently we have enough, 2020/09)
[!!?] BASICS -- underwear & socks
>d, if I have to bring them, please add sizes!
( i live in a place where there's a lot of cheap clothshops)
[!!!] LAPTOP/LIM0 -- Lenovo Thinkpad X240 or X250 or X260
QQQ: Can we ship this to Canaries? (Santi's address?)
... to BE might be a bit to tight
* @BE | 140€ | Lenovo thinkpad X240 i5-4200U 4Gb 500GB HDD
Bid closes 0912
* @NL | 130€ | Lenovo thinkpad X240 i5-4200U 4Gb 500GB HDD 12.5inch
Bid closes 0912
* →→ @BE | 185,00€ | Lenovo thinkpad X250 i5-5300U 4Gb 180GB SSD
Bid closes tomo!
* @BE | 210€ | Core i5-5200U 2,2Ghz 8GB 256GB SSD
Bid closes 0913
* @NL | 190€ | Lenovo thinkpad X250 i5-5300U 8Gb 240GB SSD 12.5inch
Bid closes 0912
@NL | 220€ | Lenovo Laptop ThinkPad X250 12.5 inch HD 1366x768 Core i5-5300U 2,2Ghz 8GB
Bid closes 0913
* →@NL | 190€ | Lenovo thinkpad X260 i5-6300U 8GB 240GB SSD 12.5inch
Bid closes tomo!
Thinkpads from States will def be too late after this point, but guess it's sensible to just find a way to go and pick up the ones in BE...
Meh, probably all the ones marked as "@BE" are actually from NL too...
* 53€ | Lenovo Thinkpad X230S X240 X240S X250 X260 X270 | greencell again...
[P/] ELECTRO -- Solar powerbank
found this cheap one via @Kruidvat:
I think they're a bad idea:
* They don't give you a lot (because of tiny solar panel).
* You don't want to leave your battery in the sun all day on a regular basis - it will mess it up
[**!!!] 4x AAA battery charger on USB (5V)
[!] basic rubber boat 300€
<kalmbr3 (hacker @madrid)
"very portable cloud with wifi card" + 64mb ram + 16mb flash
[M!!] * 18650 charger:
[P/] truck lead acid battery ~180Ah
bad idea, no economic sense
not "deep discharge" (lead acid)
not significantly cheaper
need for #type3 !
find something for ~3-5k€
OR rent ???
[K] 12V inflation pump
has a weird NiMh battery and charger.
should power from USB!
also, no extension tube!
[!] water-tight openings ~10€
[!!] ELX - Strong Electromotor
Call a car dump, ask for "wiper motors" ~10-20€
Two speeds, can return to "home" position if needed (park function)
12V, about 1-2A free spinning, can be up to 20A on full load / jammed
The chasis is also the ground
* winch / pulley
* solar or big antenna tracking system? (possibly not accurate and efficient enough)
[!!] GADGET - In-ear bluetooth
[!] Camping - carabiner + tool + pulley 8€
IPRee Multi-Function D-Shaped EDC Buckle Tool Steel Carabiner Hook Outdooors Survival Kit
[!!] Laptop - 16gb ram modules (x240/x250)
I think x260 has different (DDR4) !!!
[WTF] Baby turkey
[!!@] KITCHEN -- pan
We need a new pan or dutch oven!
→ check out IKEA and other local shops!
100mm ~100€ ???
Thermal isolation / insulation
TERMICO INTERIOR M/L x 1,40 M 11,90€
Composición: 7 capas de las cuales:
1ª Capa: lámina de aluminio de 90 micras compuesta por una red de tres capas y tratado contra los rayos UVA 90%.
2ª Capa: 2 mm de espuma de polietileno.
3ª Capa: lámina de aluminio 38 mircras de aislamiento.
4ª Capa: 2 mm de espuma de polietileno.
5ª Capa: lámina de aluminio 38 mircras de aislamiento.
6ª Capa: 75 gr de algodón relleno.
7ª Capa: lámina de PVC BEIGE condensado.
Nuevo color interior en beige
To expand and replicate the base!
<--------------------- (new) UNFINISHED, UNSORTED ↑↑↑
*** <-4> RETURNING AN ORDER
[K] DID NOT ARRIVE: X230T second hand battery
Did not arrive.
She never answered the mails.
L claimed it was "not refunded".
contacted X on personal profiles
Then we figured out it was in fact refunded? Paypal is confusing.
[K] RETURN: 2020/08: 2x9cell Greencell x220 batteries
45€ | De 9 lithium-ion :
BAD ORDER, they need to be returned!
20201030: waiting for reimbursement ~90€
[!!!**K] BROKE: Kindle
* serial number (DSN): G000PP1294060QD2
* email address: ///
* postal code : ///
* Limited Warranty
* Expiring on Thu 07 Jan, 2021
What we want:
→ let them fix the screen
AND / OR
→ get the data back:
<D>"Can you ask them to just repair the screen OR how to bypass the confirmation when connecting without the screen?"
Status update, calling with Amazon.de
Your Kindle with the DSN-G000PP1294060QD2 is still registered in another account. Until its not deregistered, we can unfortunately not help you.
Your account is not prepared for using a kindle device, as you dont have an active address, connected to a active bankaccount and also no Amazon marketplace. Pls update these in your account.
* then, after charging "for you never know", tried Kindle again, and...
data transmission probably worked out well
so maybe it will stabilize?
[→] General customer instructions @Amazon
(What they said via Amazon.com)
They will check with the device
* if in warranty, they can replace it
* if not in warranty, they can provide you 15% discount on a new device
generally for datarecovery:
1. via the kindle-data-recovery app:
* "data will be secured even if it is not repaired
* download via app- or playstore
* we have to login with our login credentials
* via https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amazon.kindle&hl=en
2. without account:
* only via device...
* find a way to bypass broken screen...
full Amazon instructions:
→ "contact Customer Service by clicking "contact us""
→ "deliver your Device in either its original packaging or in equally protective packaging to the address specified by Customer Service."
→ more about waranty here:
note: both links basically just refer to the chat-service or the "first instructions" via website mentioned above
See also "customer service chat"
(→ done: 20200802)
(I will get transcription of chat per mail, but this is what they sayd to need as following steps... <l>)
[!!!] BROKE INSTANTLY: Sonnenrepublik POWERBANK
the charge controler on it is broken
!!! check how much it costs to send back
if more then 5€ don't send
* if they complicate, arrange to pick it up when in Berlin
I will need:
* some sort of serial number or bill
* date of purchase (more then a year ago, right?)
* how did it break ( via previous email conversations?)
* how much did you pay for it?
I remember you had long conversations with them,
can you give me some context, the mailsaddress where sending to
shall i pick in on that conversation or who do I contact for this?
What do we want from it?
* they send us a replacement?
* they refund us?
Kaiserdamm 14, 14057 Berlin
+49(30) 555 702 83
Mo-Fr, 10:00 - 18:00 Uhr
[K] ARRIVED BROKEN: Sunchargers.eu solar battery bank
bought for 30€ "second hand" <L
...received already bloated
D looks at it, figures out it's bloated
tells L wtf
L writes letter
guy says he will refund. cool.
→ got full amount back (incl sending costs)
[$$!!!] BROKE INSTANTLY: D glasses (Polette)
20201006 ... broke the first time I semi-sat on them:
the material on the wedge is pathetic.
20201008 L wrote them a letter.
1. define new lens types
so I can ask if that's an option at all...
2. please check the following frame options and select one:
* Gary Black - €29.99
* Muse Black - €29,99
* Milano Black - 32.99€
* Swan Black - 32.99€
* Daim Black - 29.99€
* Brooklyn - 34.99€
[!!] BROKE: (of 2020/02): 2x6cell Greencell x220 batteries
As of 2020/08:
1 in bad shape
Include a report:
v1) current: tlp stats
v2) #qsl : full info, with temperatures and everything? !!!
[$$!] PART REFUND - 2020/09 x250 problems
Arrived with these problems:
* internal battery at 33% capacity
* random hangups by "touching it the wrong way" (fixed by changing module)
* need to "restart" if you fully empty it
Got 40€ back
total = 200€ -40€ return = 160€
<---------------------------------- (new) GRIEVANCE: returning/maintenance/WARRANTY ↑↑↑
SUBSEASONS (General budgets + what people are bringing)
ROUGH SPENDING PLAN:
* items are listed
* should raise min 500€ ?
* above that, 50% should go repay the van
ROUGH SPENDING PLAN
* car 400
* architecture 200
* power 200
* lights 100
* storage 100
- 600€ (d+m survival)
ww TO LEAVE:
-42,26€ 2* x220 9-cell battery
-11,99€ Headlamp (usb chargeable)
-14,35€ Soldering Irons (1xUSB, 1x12V)
-13€ 2* TA2024 15W Amp
- flashlight, 1*AA
* 3* USB lights for powerbanks
+ profit from x220s
*** 2017 LIST
LAST UPDATED FOR 🔗season5-B (2016) !
MERGING ABOVE PART BY PART !!!!!
("Absolutely need for next subseason")
* DC regulator (2 broke)
* ikea bags
* Lenovo X220
New drone engines: ~40€
We have a drone with a burnt engine!
POWER -- bigger AGM battery [~35Ah]: ~60€
* around 10kg (backpack carriable)
* currently we have 12V 14Ah (~40€ on the island)
* seems that around 30-40Ah is ~50-60€ ?
DIY -- power drill + derusting head / wire brush: ~20€
WIRE BRUSH HEAD
metrics -- Miband personal tracker: 3x ~60€
#BUYNOW x3 if <20€
Xiaomi Mi Band: http://www.reddit.com/r/miband/wiki/index
* can put open source firmware there + app
* for Qs project inside cht (for Subtime, etc)
* watch out for fakes
* check http://www.reddit.com/r/miband/wiki/index for how-to
20€ DE Warehouse with Heartrate tracking
Soldering iron that works in the desert (USB? 12V? gas?)
Tried but disappointed:
* 12V 30W:
didn't work well at all, have to see if we were doing sth wrong
* 5V 8W USB:
http://www.banggood.com/Portable-USB-Powered-Mini-5V-8W-Electric-Soldering-Iron-With-LED-Indicator-p-1017109.html?rmmds=search 7€ 8W
+aross had the same on and it was bad as well, barely useful
ours seems lost?
* http://www.banggood.com/DC-12V-24V-72W-DIY-Soldering-Iron-Thermostat-Temperature-Adjustable-T12-Tip-Heating-Core-p-1121228.html?rmmds=search 16€
* Heard good things about the DC 5525 <strfry -> http://www.ebay.de/itm/TS100-Digital-OLED-Programable-Soldering-Iron-Station-DC-5525-New-Model-/121921045974
gearbest.com usb soldering iron. it works! surprisingly well :)
LIST - RESEARCHING PRIORITY
("Very important + Undecided")
Ropes + Anchoring (coverage, pulley supply lines, ...)
* http://www.amazon.co.uk/Paracord-Camping-Buidling-Gardening-Bushcraft/dp/B01M8HFR62/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1487340350&sr=8-8&keywords=4mm%2Brope&th=1 100m 3mm 12€ + choose colour :D green-brown<3 ...... WEIGHT:???
* http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01H3E6YAK?psc=1 10mm 15M 300kg/3KN 25€
I. For structure of covering:
* holes and caves
== narrow valleys / canyons / gorges / ravines [ENG]
== škrbina / vintgar [SLO]
* volcano craters!
* 4 or 6mm ropes seem fine, seems ~
* calculating forces (weight, wind, etc) would be nice
II. For people and cargo pulleys:
* "ropeway" / "cableway"
III. Climbing support ropes:
elastic ropes? "sport ropes"
can only be for "support" with free clambering!
* lol mini cableway @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DIALkElU-s
(Waterproof) Remote switch
* circuit breakers
~5-10EUR on ebay
General, open, programmable solar charge controller
* under 50€
* can increase >20%
* can control AGM and Lipo / Lifepo
* can be programmed
* Chrono's ninjassc http://apollo.open-resource.org/lab:ninjascc
* Libre Solar http://libresolar.github.io/elements/mppt-charger/
[M!!] Water filtering
What technology to buy ???
We'd use it with:
* rainwater, collected on synthetic tarps (?)
>ww has a:
Steripen "uv water purifier"
charges over USB!
derusting -- Sand blaster
* "Media blasting" / "sandblasting"
* "portable sandblaster"
* http://www.hotrod.com/articles/hrdp-0901-rust-removal-guide/ #derusting
Something like this???:
* http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/38-L-10-Gallon-Pot-Bead-Shot-Portable-Sandblaster-Sand-Blaster-Blasting-Cleaning-/130427874115?hash=item1e5e1b6b43:g:nUkAAOSw-jhUGCnH Really that cheap?
* "soda" is one ??
* "dustless blasting" ??
* can we make or collect our own materials/sand? maybe use "picon" light sharp vulcanic rocks?
* how much PSI?
* "throw" size?
* face/eyes ??
* breathing ??
* suit ??
[!!] VAULTS -- impermeable bags
(see Internals for some research)
"kayak" bags ... can get this on lanza? :)
[M!!?] camping -- outdoor/camp field awareness
perimeter security / outdoor field awareness / motion sensors / camp security system / [find good way to name this]
You are in non-walled architecture, like
* wild camping
The purposes are:
* timely detection !
* silent alarm (for the people inside) to prepare
* deterrent / prevention of entry
* IR Sensors:
for outdoor you want active infrared detector (AIR) not PIR -passive-
HC-SR04, range ~4m, cheap
* 100m range perimeter would be good
* http://opensourcesentrygun.org lol
Alarm sounds :D :
LIST - BUY ON LANZAROTE (or order)
Shopping rule for Lanzarote:
* if we need it now
* ... and it's <20€ / 30% difference
* ... we buy it here and now
New battery for trucko: ~70-150€
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
* We are often away for >3 months without running. For this reason longevity of the battery is important.
A normal 12V lead car battery:
would set us back about 70€, or ~1€ per Ah?
I think we'd need something like a 100Wh.
I believe investing into AGM would make sense, as we can also use it as an auxiliary battery? For other stuff?
The best, if possible, would be to split it into 2-4 batteries, so we can also take them out?
TODO: But maybe AGM's are not suitable as the main car battery for some reason, and they're a better auxiliary battery?
is probably not super smart, also a fire risk?
[SR!!!] VAULTS -- Outside storage boxes @IKEA
120L + lid ~ 25€
65L + lid ~ 15€
are sort of water-proof with a vinyl lid + some desiccant
IKEA STARTED SELLING AFFORDABLE OUTSIDE-READY BOXES (DARK GRAY)
* saw ~300L with lid at Toom (Leipzig) for ~25€ !!!
* http://shopnl.engels.eu/webshopnl_en/products/bins-pallets-and-palletboxes/transport-storage-bins.html (via tg)
* "Bought lots of Bauhaus Regalux(R) Boxes. They are a bit cheaper than IKEA and have a snapping lid (360° support)" <strfry
[/] Camping: bigger gas burner + gas
[~] Camping: portable 1 person tents
[!!@] Camping: foldable chairs
Probably ~10€ in
Camping: foldable table
use the foldable wood "goat" design?
[M] media -- "go-pro" like action camera
small, portable, durable
best on mount/stand !!!
for long-shots (setup/teardown)
_______________________ (updated: 2016 - not sure if it still applies in any way)
Mobius 1 £50~
very good but wish bitrate was higher. use class 4 micro sd cards because that's all it needs = hench low bitrate moan. still i like mine a lot. harder to get now.
configure via editing text file dumped on sd card. easy because it says what the options have a description in the text file. You don't have to use non-free m$ or android app. make a gnu/linux gui script if you like :)
waterproof case, not bad i have one http://www.joovuu.com/gb/cases/103-mobius-waterproof-case.html
Mobius 2 £70-80
firmware is still has unwanted bugs but 1080 60fps works good. firmware updates are being released & devoloped.
Very HIGH bitrate equlivante thanks to using h265. so for 40Mbs it gets few times more quality than if you used h264 @40Mbs
like mobius 1, configure via editing text file dumped on sd card.
new very efficant SOC 1-3w i think wheres other ones are 3w++, i forget, please check
raw footage, use megatools to download http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/m2-footage-dash-and-action.20624/ Megatools: http://megatools.megous.com/
uk offcial supplier: http://www.minidvcameras.co.uk/product/mobius-action-camera-2-mini-dvr/
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.319
ACC audio :(
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 125 Kbps (meh, wish it was higher)
Maximum bit rate : 256 Kbps (not so bad)
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel(s)_Original : 1 channel
yet another non-free wifi crap but has screen to review and set all options.
water proof case
good video, wish bitrate was higher.
gets lots of good reviews.
mobius2 with h265 @ max bitrate i think can look better in the same light as the raws above. due to more data saved.
in low light it doubles the frames in 60fps mode automatically. no override
small screen to set options
same shape as mobius
in gearbest flashsale it was £40
i fear compression looking at youtube recompressed uploads, hard to find raws
BEST ONE? idk anymore. if spend +£100
YI 2 4K:
Video better than gopro hero4 black. low light/night is a lot better.
Audio not so good. Still no firmware update with new bluetooth mic support.
no micro hdmi.
good cheap water proof case. around £20 or less i think
prev model had hacks to enable cool stuff like higher bitrate.
proprietary app :( boo boo! use touch screen instead. can set all options via it.
lot lot lot cheaper than gopro. gearbest flash sale £160!!!!
water proof case flash sale £24: http://www.gearbest.com/action-cameras-sport-dv-accessories/pp_362267.html?wid=11
YI prev model hacks:
yet another 4k 30fps:
Bluetooth Mic? you ask?
With BT 4.* there is new diff audio options:
APT-X = lossless hifi audio like flac etc
APT-X Low Laternace = not lossless i think but still very high quality but with less lag. idea for when watching tv with wireless headphones. lip sync is fine.
APT-X Live = for real time, live audio like stage,show,conference,performance,talk,etc. what i expect/guess is used for a BT mic. more compression but i guess its still very high quarlty for voice but i guess not so for music?
Tripod for cameras
really need a solution for this ("live" + buildup/teardown etc)
LIST - PRIMARY ("Buy now!")
!!!!!! SIFT AND MERGE 2020
derusting -- heat gun
for primer drying etc
sensors -- temperature
absolute PRIORITY we do NOT do this season without 24/7 temperature monitoring !!!!!!
* 3x some temperature sensor <miha (for david)
* ... but still needs to be built?
maybe a 20€ weather station would do?
power -- Batteries (18650?)
18650 (from one of the ~5 manufacturers (panasonic, lg, samsung, ...), to evade fakes) vs china...
pre-order a bunch of reputable 18650.
research + put 50€ into that please!
we definitely need 18650s to experiment with + change in old batteries etc
"this is the best one, any other supposedly better ones will be fakes"
workflow -- x220 2tb 7mm HDD >david
workflow -- x220: displayport -> hdmi (female)
#BUYNOW !!!!!!!!!!!! x2
(need for projector)
~1.2€ form china
studio -- x220: audio out splitter
#BUYNOW if 3€ x3
male small jack with TWO rings ("stereo out + mono mic in") --> double female big jack !!!
(so an electric guitar can be plugged in)
this is a "Y-cable"?
can also buy parts ???
FOUND ON BANGGOOD:
* http://www.banggood.com/Vention-3_5-mm-Jack-0_98ft-Male-to-Female-Mic-Headphone-Splitter-Extension-Audio-Cable-for-iPhone-p-1126608.html?rmmds=search (says it does this)
camping -- Leatherman-like multitool
ww: "reasonable one ~25€"
SOG make really nice ones with gears :D http://www.heinnie.com/Pocket-Tools/SOG-Multi-Tools/SOG-Powerlock-EOD-Crimper-Scissors/p-94-224-4728/ i have one, and im pleased with it. well made.
ww: I cannot bring one unless someone finds one without a knife, I have carryon luggage only. you can remove the blade on the sog mutitools. as you can swap the bits.
DIY -- wood saw
* rotary / circular saw
* miter / "cut off" saw ~100-150€ ?
* reciprocating saw / jigsaw
* "Reciprocating saws are for not delicate work and cut fast, the blades bend if you let the tip of the blade bounce on your work. Circular saws are for relatively straight cuts, their blades do not break or bend, readily. ... A jig saw is for cutting curves, a circular saw is not."
DIY -- air compressor + paint head
DIY -- battery drill / driver
battery drill for screws
* most draw a lot of power (?)
* best to get li-ion ??
* should be hackable (to power from own batteries / sources)
electronics -- basics
* wire sleeves
Male+female pair plugs of some type
... "Lab" plug?:
so we can snip and solder those inbetween wires....
We used "cinch" before, but that is not correct for higher Amps, and clumsy to work with (just a salvage solution of what was
TODO: What to use ???
XT30 for under 20A and XT60 for more and for even more XT90 search banggood and aliexpress and hobby king. amass brand are good ones. lots of cheap crapy xt30s that don't fit with official from hobyking around too. they work just have to push apart the pins a bit for tighter fit on the not so good ones. other wise they make for good outdoor suteribl connectors. not patented but amass made mods which are patented :|
what kind? size? price?
* voltage converters
* audio amps - amps are ok, they come with the heatsinking they need for music, if playing constaint tone/wave at max vol then think about heatsink upgrade-
(a second) normal Multimeter
have one, would be cool to have another one
NEED TO DO MORE RESEARCH:
* connect to USB in a way that can be used with Linux
* target price ~40€
* needed features: ?
* also need extra leads, alligator leads, etc ("periphernalia")
* red pitaya?
Volt/Amp meter with USB ~11$
7 MODE USB MONITOR - DROK USB Pocket Digital Multimeter is a very useful tool that can be used to measure voltage, current, capacity, and power going to your phone/battery pack. Use the button to choose between 7 different modes. It is a very handy device to evaluate whether or not the computer, USB wall charger, USB car charger are outputting acceptable voltage and current range for the device you are connecting.
These things are super handy, even the simplest 1$ from China. This one looks more sophisticated.
wire crimp tool ?
nah, we have the cool Yugoslavian one for now
workflow -- Eye tracker >david
~100€ (says Yta)
[M→→] workflow -- E-reader
Information for Germany ONLY, check shipping to other countries
UPDATE November 2016:
ok so, the used paperwhite with backlight for 70€ - http://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B00CTUKFNQ/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used
Worth getting 3G for €90? If using purely for reading function what is the point?
Storage not listed: 2GB
used outside amazon: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=kindle&LH_ItemCondition=3000&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xkindle+-fire.TRS0&_nkw=kindle+-fire&_sacat=0
IF KINDLE ORDER IT IN GERMANY @Amazon
* PRS-T3 nima več stylusa
* Sony PRS-T2 še ima stylus, used ~80€ @ ebay.de
* Kindle Paperwhite ima:
* backlight, 300ppi vs 167ppi
* maybe free 3G >> if it's still hackable, definitely 3G #TODO
* Kindle Voyage:
* vs Paperwhite: http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/kindle-voyage-vs-kindle-paperwhite
* basically luxury, no need
ww: get a paperwhite in Germany, because it has a backlight, used ~70€ on ebay
Information for UK:
Cheapest used paperwhite with backlight in 'good' condition £65 http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00CTUKFNQ/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used
Outside Amazon 'Grade A refurbished' for £64 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Amazon-Kindle-Paperwhite-DP75SDI-6th-Generation-2GB-Wi-Fi-6in-KN0101-/291937187002?hash=item43f8cff4ba:g:G34AAOSwXeJYIdhX
Information for US:
Current sale on refurbished paperwhite, November 2016 $79.99: http://www.amazon.com/Certified-Refurbished-Paperwhite-E-reader-High-Resolution/dp/B00QJEL42Y?tag=selectallsite-20
studio -- SMALL CLASS AUDIO AMPLIFIER ~15/30W
2x ordered: http://www.ebay.de/itm/271844310953 6.20€/p
Sound: Amp Info:
* YJ/Yuan - Jing recommended on http://diyaudio.com/ but they also did send me ones that were working but the power connector was incorrectly made and had to be replaced and the coroner of a cap was chipped away. but there quarlty of compnets is good. which is why people buy stuff from them. i plan to buy there products from aliexpress or http://banggood.com next time. service replies from YJ take a weeks. they did ship farly quickly <--------- [recovered] "dont buy there lm1016 tunning board. tis shit. :( stick to boards talked about on diyaudio forum"
* http://hifimediy.com/ really well made, good componets, fantastic noise floor (none) but cheap screw terminals, good service. accepct bitcoin payments too :). they only sell old tripath amps boards.
* Sure: http://store3.sure-electronics.com make ok boards of TI amps but there own brand of copy amp IC’s aren’t recommended.
* find out/check info about boards on the http://diyaudio.com/ forum.
Amplifier Board, 2x15W, 50€
Class-D / Class-T ("improved + proprietary tech")
Class-D amp PCB (low power, like 15W one) / usb sound card, [...]
http://www.dx.com/p/jtron-ta2024-dc-12v-double-track-15w-15w-car-pc-hi-fi-mini-digital-amplifier-board-green-266128 <chrono here: http://apollo.open-resource.org/mission:tech:odyssey:audio
i suggest buying x10, having a workshop #buynow >> ni 10x velik --> 100E?
i would stongly recommend, instead getting amp boards using the TPA3116. very popular on diyaudio forum. really really good THD and very very efficient too. with thick PCB copper as heatshink too. it really does only need tiny heatshink! very cheep too! £9 inc post from banggood. good noise floor.
pcb disign by diyaudio forum member:
* http://www.banggood.com/50W50W-TPA3116D2-Digital-Power-Amplifier-Board-Official-Version-p-972892.html (personly i would try buying from here because i hope they will send ones that aren’t damaged but other wise just as good quality)
* http://www.yuan-jing.com/tpa3116-class-d-2-0-stereo-amplifier-board-50w-50w (i have two of these)
* this one also look ok from the tiny amount of info about it on the diyaudio forum. the advantage of this on is, that i think it won't make a pop sound when you switch it off (?) http://www.yuan-jing.com/tpa3116-class-d-2-0-stereo-amplifier-board-anti-pop
* http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/237086-tpa3116d2-amp.html 500 pages! eek
You will need a DC-DC boost converter to make sure you run them at around 24v to get the best out of them!
i find they peak around 3A. so a half decent (for nosie floor) 100w DC-DC boost converter will do.
or run off a 19v laptop PSU. does the job.
also hifimediy T3(?) is designed to work from lower voltages than there other boards but sill needs 24v to max out and best thd. has an even quiter nosie floor, you have to have your ear right up close, into the speaker to hear it. where the tpa3116 boards still be up to the speaker just a few cm less. has a big heatsink and i feel that it getts hotter and current wise i remember seeing it use more than tpa3116.
for a smaller 30w or less there is the TPA3110 from TI
mono/bridged mode/PBTL is 30w other wise stereo is 15w. same family as the tpa3116/8 same good thd.
heres a stereo 30w (they must have used 2 amps to do that) built in batt power amp, ive ordered on in the sale (£13), will see how good it is.
batt not user replaceable, i believe, tech skills needed
note that bluetooth is old one not latest bt4 with apt-x :( so no lossless wireless audio only lossy recompressed bt 2.1 audio :(
studio -- LARGER CLASS-D AUDIO AMPLIFIER >50/100W
~30€ (incl Shipping) from China
(ww: I can take this to lanza and we buy another one for my flat, so we don't have to wait for the new one to arrive)
the sure own brand IC’s are really cheeply designed, i remmber reading a detailed techinal review... they skipped on the things they would have been better to have. there output power, when below 1%thd is only half the rated power too, though that's the case with most amps.
- http://hifimediy.com/ for well made ones using the old tripath amp. there are better chips these days but tripath or these boards, do have really good nosie floor. they are less efficient than newer IC’s.So instead i would recommend:
- TI have a new ICs coming out with 2x better THD! :D. however there won’t be boards out in time for this season. so for current options:
- http://www.yuan-jing.com/tas5630-class-d-stereo-amplifier-board-300w-300w-delux more like a 150W. cheaper on aliexpress. for £20 extra you can get it in a nice box with bluetooth made by YJ. need a dc-dc boost to 48-50v to get the best out of it. this looks ideal: http://store3.sure-electronics.com/ps-sp12148
- datasheet http://www.ti.com/product/tas5630
- YJ version has a pre-amp unlike sure version of board. according to DocS* from #qi-hardware, i think he said heartshink would need to be more, i think thats only really if playing one fequancy. for music i think it will be ok. worst case if the heat of spain is too much but a fan on it. other wise enjoy fanless amp :) he recommned the YJ one over sure from the looks of them in the pictures.
- for quite/fair bit better THD :D the IRS +/- DC amps are better. price wise, not much differanance betweenTAS5630 direct from YJ store when you factor in pwr supply costs as well.
- pwer supply to run off one batt http://www.yuan-jing.com/Voltage-Converter/12v-to-45v-dc-to-dc-converter-500w heatshink to go with it : http://www.yuan-jing.com/heat-sink-size-117-x-40-x-55mm-e-shape
- other wise you need a 4x 12v lead batts. to get the voltage and to get the +/- DC.
- New, upcoming TI DC amp IC’s have better THD i think i remmber...
- datasheet doesn't have graphs of specs but does have some numbers :(. a 2 page marketing pdf has an THD graph.
studio -- integrated portable speaker
Has to have:
* outdoor resistant
* jack IN
* Anker SoundCore 2 (12W)
LIST - SECONDARY
power -- portable solar panel ~20W (for USB):
<hamish : "bimblesolar is the place for ethical cheap solar." (UK)
<matic : FairPhone recommended WakaWaka in a newsletter
Monocrystal 25W, 480g, by Suaoki, 43€
* PRICE SEEMED TO HAVE CHANGE
* BUT WE STILL NEED IT
* AUKEY 21W 417g ~60E http://www.amazon.de/Solarladeger%C3%A4t-Dual-Port-Maximaler-Output-weitere/dp/B019OBETES/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1459636730&sr=8-14&keywords=usb+solar+power+bank ------>> če je to res zgleda dober buy
* SUAOKI 20W ~500g 50€ http://www.ebay.de/itm/NEW-Suaoki-20W-Solar-Panel-Faltbare-Portable-Dual-Port-Solar-Ladegerat-/291654798551?hash=item43e7fb0cd7:g:1QMAAOSwX~dWjjRe
* SUAOKI 25W 55€ http://www.ebay.de/itm/Suaoki-25W-Foldable-Portable-Dual-Port-Solar-Charger-for-iPhone-iPad-Samsung-/262146474955?hash=item3d0925c3cb:g:gvIAAOSwiwVWSYTX
* Anker 21W 60€ http://www.amazon.de/Anker-PowerPort-2-Port-Solarladeger%C3%A4t-weitere/dp/B012VQMGCA/ref=pd_sim_sbs_23_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=41td%2BXSnFcL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=1MZHFJ584ZTFN062Q803
* PortaPow 15W 40€ http://www.amazon.de/PortaPow-2%C2%A0Regendicht-Solar-Ladeger%C3%A4t-Portable-Electronics/dp/B00Z7382EG/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1459812991&sr=8-9&keywords=portable+solar
* KingSolar 14W 36€ http://www.amazon.de/KINGSOLAR-USB-Port-Ladeger%C3%A4t-Smartphone-Bluetooth/dp/B01A6X4J4S/ref=pd_sim_sbs_23_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=414eaEjUuQL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=0EXX8BHTN4K39YAX7CR0
* XT-XINTE 16W 60€ http://www.amazon.de/XT-XINTE-Effiziente-Flexible-Bendable-Portable/dp/B00T5VQSUQ/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1459813053&sr=8-18&keywords=portable+solar
* over 70E are ok, but way too much E http://www.mimovrste.com/solarni-polnilci?o=_price <--------- te brandi so nateg cenovni, par besed o tem tudi na 🔗solar ("for nomads")
* ebay and china mostly looks like cheap, fake data, no surge protection, etc.:
>> @fake data: inflated numbers (says 200.000 mAh, is too cheap for even 20.000 mAh, "charges your iphone in 1 hour", ...)
>> would not buy without knowing more. nekje videl slovensko stromar debato da kupijo in pomerijo par ciklov preden upajo uporabit (no source).
medicine -- fancy medical supplies
what could we get?
medicine -- fancy natural remedies
cooking -- fancy spices not available on the island
medicine -- nootropics
+david and +hairy have a ton of research
[!] Thermal camera
Commercial offering (FLIR, Seek) seems >200EUR for basic models
Standalone or as micro-usb smartphone module?
DIY: http://github.com/maxritter/DIY-Thermocam (What's the cost? Seems sensor is already >150EUR)
* Finding hot/cool places in desert
* Finding heat leaks in old houses
* Checking materials (heat accumulation / insulation)
DIY: Spot IR sensor (~5-20EUR) and 2 servo motor system to do imaging
SPACE BLANKETS (gold/silver stuff)
(for anti-sun tent isolation tests)
different factors ???:
* endurance / quality ???
will they work?
collection of magnets
* hold things together / down somewhere
Lights: solar lamps
saw some at JYSK, Lidl - panel, battery were small
we can probably do better via the big panels + batteries
[/] Portable projector / "picoprojector"
* ~300€ budget
* own battery for ~2.5 hours would be cool
* (smartphone with built-in) Samsung Galaxy Beam:
ebay says >400$
wasn't bad, released ~2012
info + experts:
* <Dan: check lumens, but didn't have recent research
* http://hamishcampbell.com/en/home/-/blogs/cheap-travel-small-screening-projector :
* <Hamish: reccomends "ECsee-ES130-Mini-DLP-Projector" (~2016-04)
* 2016-10 is sold out, price at 100 pounds
* "800 lumens" looks like bullshit
some models (before):
some models (~2016-02):
* optoma pk320 ~300 pounds ~80-100 lumen looked good (back in 2012-2014)
* asus s1?
* phillips picopix?
* 854x480, 120 Lumens, 10W, 2500mAh battery, 146g, 219€, Estimated delivery 11-31 May :/
* 320*180, LCD, lol ~40EUR :)
* 480*320, LED, 60 Lumens, 25W, no battery, 270g, $67.69 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Portable-Home-Cinema-Theater-Mini-LED-LCD-Projector-1080P-HD-HDMI-AV-USB-VGA-TV-/272052337279?hash=item3f57953a7f:g:d~QAAOSwnipWUCLk
* 640*480, DLC, 150 Lumens, 10/30W, 750g, 170x136x70mm, $73.99
* 854x480, 120 Lumens, ?W, 2500mAh battery, 300g, Android, $237.90
€€€ Olivan UNIC UC50:
854*480, DLC, "800 Lumens", 10W, 1500mAh battery, 130g, 76x70x24mm, HDMI
HDMI ... do we need a displayport converter for x220? >> 9€
CABLE: http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00Z05JMKO ... vga->dp possibly even less.
Would be good to find one in EU to avoid crappy customs...
sensors -- Bunch of cheap sensors/gadgets (37!) $24 + Proto for connecting them $8
For more see ebay : raspberry gpio
sensors -- AirPi:
Low-cost modular set for quality environmental monitoring
$90 premade: http://www.tindie.com/products/tmhrtly/airpi-kit/
sensors -- RLab temperature monitoring:
http://rlab.org.uk/wiki/RLab_Temperature_Monitoring sounds like what ya want
Total cost: £8
sensors -- DS18S20 plus
total cost: 18,50€ if you get everything from germany (DS18S20+OpenLog+microSD 4GB)
Someone would need to hack the firmware to make it work and that someone is not me.
Desiccant (ANTI HUMIDITY) !!!!!!!
"""Surrounded by dehydrated epsom salts (anhydrous magnesium sulfate). Much cheaper than silica packets.""" http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10205065477550132&set=gm.10154017330549360&type=3&theater
? what do we use at home - some big tablets + plastic water container
Magnesium carbonate = chalk that athletes/climbers use... also a supplement :)
I have seen a very interesting and cheap material for this,
It's sold as a soil improver, increasing moisture holding capability
[M!!] Power: charge controllers for li-ion batteries
for maybe 18650 etc
what to do with 18650s?!
- china RC lipo chargers do the job. cheap and in metel box too. ---------------------------------------------------
also see Internals
2) from 220V AC
3) from 12V DC
Power: converter/inverter 12V -> 220V, from Car(plug) or 12V Battery
More to research:
* Should be "clean" I guess? So it won't fuck up the batteries, or is this a myth?
* Or get a "current cleaner" separate?
Got this one:
[!??] 1-3x small shitty laptop
Could be useful if:
* they had real long battery life
* ran GNU/Linux well
* were #lim0 affordable
* asus eee, old lenovos, acer one, chromebooks?
* asus x200m (touchscreen, cheap, but weak) http://sajan.io/blog/asus-x200m-perfect-linux-ubuntu-xubunu-utility-laptop
* ask publicly + people directly for donations !!!!
* spending 50€ would also be okay
* (note that RPi is better in absolute and per watt, but needs VNC / screen / keyboard ...)
You can now get USB 3.0 powered displays (x220: i7 model has one, you can get expresscard 3.0... not sure about adequate power output)
#TODO are there any so cheap that they make more sense than VNC tablets?
Manual Power / Dynamo / Crank / Bike generator / "Hand Emergency Generator":
* "Hand Emergency Generator"
* "Free Power" products
* a stand to fix a bike and pedal in place
* try to get at least 50W out of that??
* (David) I did 120W steady, 300W peaks in public some test (not sure if proper measured)
30W Hand crank, 120€:
* see "cadence", ideal 90RPM ?
"Maximum power levels during one hour range from about 250 W ("healthy men") to 500 W (exceptionally athletic men) "
--> The required food can also be calculated by dividing the output power by the muscle efficiency. This is 18-26%. From the example above, if a 70 kg person is cycling at 15 km/h by expending 60 W and a muscular efficiency of 20% is assumed, roughly 1 kJ/(km∙kg)extra food is required
* RANDOM BIG DYNAMO: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dynamo-48-Volt-1000-Watt-Drive-Motor-Scooter-Bike-48V-1000W-/222200694010?hash=item33bc3184fa:g:NmgAAOSwe7BWxSLA 1000W 70€
* http://www.banggood.com/Wind-power-Wind-Driven-DC-Generator-Dynamo-Hydraulic-Test-6V-12V-24V-Motor-p-1008697.html?rmmds=search ~20W 10€ "for >700mm wind blades"
Fireproof battery bag (for Lithium)
What's up with these?
Useful when running anything full-time in the van?
LIST - MAINTENANCE
Need ~400€ to get the thing going (including fixing it, registration and insurance, some tools).
Domains + servers
Cost ~50€ /year. Paid ~February.
LIST - BOUGHT + OKAY (curated list)
for BASICS and LIM0 (re-distribution project)
This is "horizontal scaling" - what is generally needed individually.
See 🔗lim0 (upcoming).
10x Lenovo x220:
* crowdfund... indiegogo (HairyFotr: I've seen GoFundMe for personal campaigns a lot, and CrowdSupply for hack / libre projects)
* ~2500-3000E up front?
* sell for 150E to donors
* http://ktgee.net/post/49423737148/thinkpad-guide (Really good buying guide)
* http://senk9.wordpress.com/2014/02/21/lenovox220/ ("The Last of Breed")
Android smartphone ~150€
Asus Zenphone 2 Laser seems ok?
(david got one 2016-10)
* touchscreen is making random presses after a few months
* bloatware sucks
* Linux support for MTP is annoying
Camping: sleeping bags
* most brand shops sell for 70€
* must be small (travel-ready), ~600-800g
* comfort temperature as low as 15 or 14°C (not more!)
* ... but some would best go down to ~8°, not only 13°C?
* 40€ for a Berg sleeping bag @Sportzone:
(Berg DUNITE 15 light, 880g)
<hairyfotr worked fine, slept outside tent most days. Packed very tightly, is light.
camping -- DC water pump for running water / a shower
Works great, just add some irrigation-grade hose and spray "shower head".
Could also run from 5V without boost? <--- #TODO
power -- DC buck/boost (step-up/step-down) converter ("voltage regulator")
#CHINA #BUYNOW x2 if <20€
Need >100W ? and a variable output that covers 20V (usually is something like 10-35V)
* we got one for cht4c that was great.
* this looks okay ~8€ -> http://www.ebay.de/itm/DC-DC-Boost-Wandler-Modul-3V-auf-35V-Step-up-Power-Supply-Converter-Module-/251744893683?hash=item3a9d2a3af3:g:-coAAOSwD0lUgWv~ yea good IC, i have one like it. it can output 3xthe input voltage. this one also looks better than mine. -- Looks good, nice to have more displays and switches :)
9.5€ ---> DROK® Small DC Buck Volt Converter Step Down Voltage Regulator Module Board 4-38V to 1.25-36V 5V/12V Portable Adjustable Output Voltage Stabilizer Transformer Switch for Car Motorcycle Generator Vehicle Fan Motor with Digital LED Volt Meter
power -- powerbank without solar
example (possible to find better?):
http://www.amazon.de/dp/B018RGUUZ8?psc=1 17€, 13000mAh ... ~1.5€ for 1Ah !!! + looks quality
Get an Anker Powerbank, they are the best <-- [strfry]
And IF you get power banks, think about how you are going to charge them!
(merging these "powebrank guides" in):
power -- powerbank + Tiny Solar <5W
got in cht5a:
* 1W solar panel
* TODO: how much % does it charge in a day? >matic
3W+10Ah, Monocrystal, 422g by GRDE, 39€
"maybe a shit idea, just get powerbank + solar panel separately"
was meant as an easy solution for powering a rpi, timelapse camera, a sensor array, or sth
* <1W panels are total gimmicks IMO -------->> s tem nimamo nekih izkušenj, eni so prinesli ampak nikol nisem videl tega uporabljat...
* 350mA(~2W), 8000mAh,(probably also ~24h),~250g,~30E : http://www.amazon.de/EasyAcc-portables-Ladeger%C3%A4t-Taschenlampenfunktion-Technologie/dp/B01B73SIH0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1459635208&sr=8-2&keywords=usb+solar
* 550mA(~3W, mono-crystal!), 10000mAh,(stated 24h of sun to charge),~400g,~40E : http://www.amazon.de/Ultrad%C3%BCnne-Betrienben-Akku-Pack-Aluminium-Legierung-Doppel-USB-Ausgang/dp/B00VJZP9L0/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1459636730&sr=8-13&keywords=usb+solar+power+bank
power -- PORTABLE SOLAR PANEL ~50W+ (for laptops)
OPTION 1 : SUNKINGDOM 52W Solar Ladegeräte (24 V DC bis 5V USB Dual Ausgang Ladegeräte) für Laptop, Akku, Netz Bank, iPad, iPhone und mehr
OPTION 2 : same, but 16V !!!!!!!!
DONE - BOUGHT THE 16V ONE !!!!!
Chrono input ... tldr, 24V might be a bit better but same thing:
[17:59:04] <chron0> ah mk,y in the data the kingolsar (first link) theyre oing for 23.5% while the second has only 18.5 - this is mot likely cell eff, so you can calculate a little less for module efficiency due to the bypass diodes they never mention
[18:03:12] <chron0> 50W for 110E is also not a total rip-off
[18:04:55] <chron0> old thinkpads with 16v may run directly in direct sunlight the 19v of the newer laptops probably need some step-up
[18:35:37] <chron0> dcht00: and yeah, imho the 4v step up/down makes no real difference, other that in what quality you can obtain a converter for a given price, technologically, but I'd guess there is more step-down than step-up in the off-the-shelf market specially when coming from a somewhat standard voltage like 24V
[18:36:37] <chron0> and higher voltage will always have less copper losses on the wire
lights -- LED LIGHTS (outside-ready + controllable?)
* some sort of WEATHER PROOF OUTSIDE lighting !
* maybe: LED light strip / tube ???
* maybe: "baustrahler" ("Building light")
Nice to have:
* have programmable colors + moods / "blinkenlights"
need to know prices / meter etc ~30€
get WS2810 "full color, single programmable"
Also look for APA102 (like WS2810/2, but with separated data/clock pins)
http://www.ebay.de/itm/252241196898 search for "LED Baustrahler"
AUDEW 5m 30 LEDs/m 5050 SMD RGB LED Strip Streifen WS2812B (IP67 Waterproof)
5m, 42€, runs on 5V
is this cheap or expensive?
what could we replace it with?
is it difficult to split?
[SR/] lights -- Head lamps (cheap) 5€
5€ decathlon LED lights
3€ from China
the rechargeable USB never worked well. broke soon.
LIST - TERTIARY
for showers, etc
~5€ for 10L
for storage of rainwater (open): ?
[!?] Tools for cleaning places up
* shovel, pick axe
* "gardening tools": sickle / skythe, pick axe, haw, [...]
* cleaning rubble: bags, buckets, [...]
* fix it up: cement, fix wood, [...]
* Camping (pole) hammer? rocks are stupid
* Wire brush (to clean generator spark plugs)
[/] Camping: air mattress
big one ~20€, Intex
quality: not so perfect (seems ~2-4 weeks of camping)
Camping: (inflatable?) sofa/couch
Power: Long power cords
we have a hacky temp solution
[M] LAPTOP -- Decide: good laptop model to replace x220 ?
"in the future (2016)":
* Lenovo x260 12" ~1300E (one memory slot)
* Lenovo x1 Carbon 14" ~2000E (expensive)
* Dell Inspiron 7359 13" ~900E (battery)
* Asus, Lenovo Yoga, ...
[/?] Communication: USB Wifi n-standard sticks
Communications: 3G SIM cards
We're using prepaid Lebara atm!
More at CHT🔗cht-role-comm !
Transport: Electric bike
Ofcourse not this one, but 1400$, huge battery, performance bike http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/flux-electric-bikes-with-attitude#/
Communication: Ubiquity antennas
Probably too big for transport
Can order from a mail-in vendor in Las Palmas
nah, rather just openssh?
LIST - HMM?
Hybrid Tube Amp for the Raspberry Pi
"Colloidal Silver" water
##alt-medic #move (not sure where to put this)
- Powerful external anti-biotic agent:
- Contrary to popular belief, silver resistant bacteria exist: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12829274
- More research: http://uu.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:796254/FULLTEXT01.pdf
- \--> Kills off Legionella, good for water storage
- Dosage: Low as possible, #todo #research Dosage for drinking water >strfry
- Can be made from pure water and silver electrodes:
- 55€ Deluxe Kit (not his one ;) http://www.amazon.de/b2%C2%A0Kolloidales-Silber-Generator%C2%A0-%C2%A0Delux-Kit/dp/B0195AX1TM
- Caution: Bad ones that produce silver salts instead of pure Ag+ colloids can cause Argyria (when used internally for extended periods). The bigpharma propaganda
- Possible uses of Silver Water:
- Wound cleaning
- Internal anti-microbiotic, anti-fungal, anti-viral, anti-bacterial use. Also kills off your darm flora, so take with (raw) fermented probiotic food like Joghurt, Sauerkraut, Miso, Kombucha, Umeboshi
- Powerful external anti-biotic agent:
LIST - FIXING
David's Sony Vaio !!!
maybe <200€ ?
in that case it would make sense? (compare with price of x220)
has a great display !
Broken Android moto fix
what to do with david's broken moto android?
constant camera? >> via Automate app
Obviously, see 🔗stuff !
PROJECTOR IN LANZAROTE
* with trucko
* Got an Epson LED EB-S31 (?), at Worten!
Lumens (not precise, ~3000 is ok even if some ambient light)
Distance (maybe lacks "zoom lens")
Shops in Lanzarote:
3LCD 800x600 3200 ANSI Lumens (2-3m distance?)
Epson, LG, Acer, ...
01 587 8332
no direct number of store, guy calls store while putting you on hold #WTF
CANON LV-S3000 DLP 800x600 3000 ANSI Lumens 249EUR http://www.tiendaselectron.com/index.php?mod=detalle&id=10374
OPTOMA S310 800x600 3000 ANSI Lumens 279EUR http://www.tiendaselectron.com/index.php?mod=detalle&id=7956
OPTOMA S312 3D 800x600 3200 ANSI Lumens 299EUR http://www.tiendaselectron.com/index.php?mod=detalle&id=12572
BENQ MS504 800x600 3000 ANSI Lumens 325EUR http://www.tiendaselectron.com/index.php?mod=detalle&id=7996
Donesn't tell prices over phone #WTF
Optoma atv 26 leu -- probably HD26
Benq, LG, Optoma
models from electron for comparison:
Optoma S312 314,55€ http://innovainformatica.com/proyector-optoma-s312-svga-800x600-3200l-hdmi-vga-usb
Optoma S310 309,35€ http://innovainformatica.com/proyector-optoma-s310e-3200l-3d-ready-svga
Comm -- super portable USB wlan router
<chrono hacked this
* two LAN ports (to do Syncthing) would be awesome
Electronics -- Alligator clips/leads ...
version gator<->multimeter (standard "Lab" type plug)
Must be able to take some Amps .... at least like 100W or whatever we're working with!
what we have is very nice because you can "split" them (via an extra hole on top)
Camping: big tent
(multiple rooms, sitting in, ...) ~200€
See 🔗trucko !
A 1984 VW, 2.6 diesel, for 2000€.
RPI Extras - Camera module
DONE: not sure if this model, or some other - check
not USB,no IR filter,5MPix,video:1080p@30,640x480@90, 23E,250mA max,Omnivision 5647
RPI Extras - SenseHat:
It's not precise, not calibrated, and the temperature is measured somewhere above the CPU
(hacky fix: http://yaab-arduino.blogspot.si/2016/08/accurate-temperature-reading-sensehat.html )
Asus EEE 701
broken US->EU converter on charger, but works with extra converter
currently in Kranj and has a fresh minimal debian 9 install
PROTOCOL -- use return policies to your advantage !!!
[17:54:56] <chron0> hmm hard to tell withoutr prior trying
[17:55:06] <chron0> if all else fails, amazon return policy is really great
[17:55:14] <chron0> so get both and return the runner up
LIM0/ANTICAPITALISM -- market intransparency / information asymmetry
V povezavi s temi cenami ki jih ne povejo po telefonu #lim0 #price.fixing:
this is noise capitalized
artificially maintaining market noise with market intransparency
to reveal price you need to invest time,
so you're hedging against an intransparent market, forced to uncertainty
* messages (while buying on ebay)
Bundling purchases / Dealing with shipping costs
(( original problem ))
"All individual small pieces (aka "small chinese stuf") will be ordered at different sellers, meaning we'll have to pay shippingcosts each time..."
<L> via telegram conv.
→ it's ~5€/seller and we had 3 different sellers...
(( proposed solution ))
* Bundling of purchases to one seller (as much as possible)
→ this does not seem to make a difference with certain sellers (like via aliexpress shoppingcosts just keep on adding up!)
* List original vs new items clearily on this page
* Final check by initiator of the purchase
(this case this is you, D)
→→ Original (a) vs. new item (b, c)
(( underlying problem + solution ))
→→ how do I have to read the ordering-list?
... when reading the list and keep in mind that:
→ the stuff listed is not a definite list but a more or less random collection of products that serve as "illustrations" of what is needed (?)
→ you still need to find the best options / alternatives for them
→ this means:
* checking current prices and sellers
* comparing original vs new items
* bundling all purchases to reduce shippingcosts
<------------------------------ (NOW) solve shipping problem for cht7b
[!!] Equipment pages need consolidation (ties to #HIAB)
All equipment should have working links and prices
... which is what consituts replicability (#HIAB)
pages in question:
* (personal stuff/coco pages, usually "financials")
[!!] we need a dedicated person for this, a "shopper
can you here these?
PROTOCOL -- generating spending plan
* spending plan should autogenerate from "need to buy now"
* if not "urgent", put in new categories
* subseason is not happening without sufficient funding
LIM0/SYMBOL -- REPEAT: "already bought, buy need more of these"
I guess "[R]" is fine?
(L) Receiving orders on Canarias
"post" -- enviar
"mailbox" -- buzón
"renting a postbox" - alquilar un buzón
* "rented a box at the PO in Caleta some years ago. It cost then approx.Euros 60p.a."
* P.O. boxes
(Site generated by E2H, an "Etherpad hypermedia" project by @dcht00).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.