< PRE-DRAFT >
Protocol: Choosing a piece of land.
2020-08-03 MO (overview due)
Also see / merging:
* 🔗new-hackbase ... should probably merge !!! ###
* 🔗metrics and 🔗poster: how to evaluate good life?
* 🔗alike : similar projects (maybe they have an idea?)
Table of Contents
* assist in decision-making about which plot to acquire
* ... via creating an "attribute model"
* ... and via investigating past practice:
Everyone that has land, already went through some process of decision and attribute modelling. Consult and extract their decision workflows, and how they see it in hindsight.
* can we stay there undetected?
* can we build the above-ground facade?
* can we build an "aljibe"?
Do we even want owning land?
* "trucko" and full-nomadic, + array of "squatting" sites:
* deal with government to be "natives"
* non-Lanzarote - other island
* ... or somewhere in Europe which is easier
* REMOTENESS - RAW
* stay out of way / line of sight!
* roads proximity
* REMOTENESS - NEIGHBOURS
* how to check neighbours?:
(needs protocol / study!)
* find interesting (tech they're using, trees on land, ...)
* directly talk to them
* try, via nearby temporary camps
* GEOLOGY DEPTH
* very deep is best
* need 2.5m minimum
* GEOLOGY SOIL
* no problematic micro-clay powders like near Mala (>uros what was that?)
* not too rocky (? digging?)
* LEGAL STATUS
* main: "agrarian" is best?
* sub (?): "abandoned" ?
* PLOT SIZE
* smaller is cheaper is better
* can increase is better
* Totalism: (this document)
* CHT buying land: 🔗season4
* see 🔗alike for more:
(lots of projects which had to decide on land!)
* explore the Canarian cadastre (land / zoning) info:
more on 🔗hacking-housing-pad !
* No Mad Island:
* group on FB @ http://www.facebook.com/groups/1021873941179378/:
* Google Doc with 10 proposals @ http://docs.google.com/document/d/1-hEMiHMb2oy_CSSL8gDjBXU07tfoaLgG5-e6Y1IBnoI/edit
SITE SURVEY / SITE EVALUATION / PLACE QUALITY PARAMETERS
brainstormed via @elJ experience 20200614
bold text → means this seems really important atm
+ can swim in nice ocean (sport)
+ can get easy supplies:
+ deliveries of food (like fran y chemi, hiperdino, etc)
+ local bread
+ local (and gifted) foodstuffs (fish, vegetables, etc)
+ fresh fish
- fresh meat
~ nearby any shop
- nearby good shop
+ local advice
- too many people
- too much (=any) reggaeton
~ can put whatever (maximum) out ... or atleast something
- private squatwork place (=neighbour house, etc)
- public squatwork place (=nice cafe, sociedad, etc)
~ can piss in nature
~ can poo in nature (good secluded digging)
+ waste deposition
~ blackwater deposition
+ great neighbours
- "community maintenance work"
~ no police problems
~ no problems with any neighbours = all people love us there
+ some people love and support us here
+ access to animals (goats, rabbits, etc)
+ beautiful landscape
- ... but became boring landscape (exploration!)
+ driving with license friendly
+ bike driving friendly
~ approachable for invited people to find and get here
~ space outside to do weird things
- access to non-van shade and "nice space" (some nice secluded trees, etc)
~ good living weather (not too hot, not too cold)
+ place to put trash
~ ... to recycle (of importance: glass, oil, plastic, etc)
+ compost (vegetable -> plant a tree, communal, etc)
+ can live in van (for longer time - weeks or months)
+ can leave van there
~ access to a mechanic
~ basketball field nearby (super close / 30min walk / in regular trip reach / none)
_________________ (adding 2020-08-05)
- is not boring / nightlife / new people to meet
- laundry situation
~- energy situation
................... generally ... more in 🔗tech-tree !!!
[!!] DEV/PROJECT -- identifying lands via processing existing topo charts
old, semi-automatic ida
(Site generated by E2H, an "Etherpad hypermedia" project by @dcht00).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.