Trucko will be deployed as part of next.totalism.org !
VW LT28 1984 2.5D "campervan"
Full Technical Documentation
Project van of the Totalism.org hackbase.
Trucko when bought in July 2016 (before repairs).
Table of Contents
There are other documents as of 2019-06.
Latest updates about trucko work efforts
All technical coordination work during CHT6-A/B (2018-2019)
Trucko as a mobile hacklab
VW LT28, 1984, 2.4D
White + Rusty
Model details (for parts):
VW LT 28-35 I BOX (281-363)
VOLKSWAGEN LT 28-50 D (281-363) 2.4 BOX D DIESEL RWD 1979 - 1992
(The Metal plaque)
Type Approval No.: ABE Nr 9728/1
Fahrzeug Identifizierung / VIN: WV2ZZZ28ZEH016996
(FRA sometimes "chassis number")
Gross Vehicle Weight: 2800 kg
Gross Comb Weight: 4800 kg
Perm Axle Weight Front: 1- 1500 kg
Perm Axle Weight Rear: 2- 1680 kg
Upwards number on side: 1547835 (probably serial no)
"Allocation number": 28
(→When was what built)
"Chassis" is one of these, but basically 28-E-something.
month Chassis NR
Random photos - reload page !
Basic situation & state of the van
Vanguard <> Van-Life
* is on the island. (any van from outside would have huge imports, >2000€)
* diesel engine "in good condition", we believe
* free from municipal / "circulation" tax (-50€/year)
* passed the last ITV it took ... in july 2015
* ITV only every 1 year, unlike other old cars (2x) - because it's not a typical "personal" vehicle
* RUST IS NOT A PROBLEM FOR ITV IN CANARIAS
* very rusty shell
* rusty undercarriage ??
* some urgent things to fix
* many details to fix
PRIMARY (need to solve, to pass new ITV)
MORE BELOW UNDER:
SECONDARY & maybe
* slide door is fucked
* back doors don't open from outside properly, or lock properly really
* speed meter cable 25€
* [...] <-- MANY MORE
Alike (Other Hacker Vans)
See 🔗hacker-vans !
Volkswagen LT28 in general
LT Outstanding Resources (Web + Paper)
GERMAN COMMUNITY WIKI
Wiki article :)
Loads of great pictures!!!
Original VW Brochure for 1985 4x4
Huge storage of materials
"Buyers guide" with lots to know of what can go wrong with specific parts
LT Community and Info
Forums - using:
* http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/lt-crafter-sprinter-section_forums_cat13.html ("LT1 chat")
Forums - tocheckout:
* http://www.lt1-forum.de/ or http://www.lt-forum.de/ (looks same)
* VOLT @ UK (yearly)
* German (yearly)
* http://vwlt.co.uk/2016/06/16/simon-evans-lt-self-build-story/ :
* "There was no budget I tried to look at it as a college course and learn on the job even though it was like night school working on it every day off and night at Emos unit for around 3 years. I would hate to think the amount of cash that has gone in to it – it’s got to be around the 8 to 10k mark by the time is done and on the road. And that’s not counting my time. Welding and engineering £4k, paint £2k, glass £700 plus fitting and re fitting due to a forgetful error."
* http://vwlt.co.uk/2015/12/21/a-real-a-lt-ernative/ :
people love their LTs and they're getting trendy
* http://vwlt.co.uk/2016/10/31/andras-felegyhazy-and-his-4x4-extra-high-top-conversion/ :
great conversion with specs
* http://www.ukhippy.com/stuff/archive/index.php/t-39156.html "buying a VW LT, any advice?"
* "Take a magnet with you, if it does not stick, there is no steel."
* different differentials?:
"Not much to say, except they are not all the same. There are fast and slow ones, 3.79:1 to 6.43:1"
* "The printed circuit on the back of the instrument cluster is prone to burning out where it goes around corners and the connector that connects it to the loom often corrodes and causes trouble it is not a risk you want to take"
* "The LT is an extremely well built vehicle which was available in several different engine types. They were known for having problems with gear changes and have their share of common problems like all motor vehicles"
(but this is for newer, post 1996 LTs)
just did login ... credentials? #TODO
(links, schematics, etc.)
Some nice pics:
Becoming a trendy vehicle
* raise in registrations:
"Howmanyleft.com says that 2014 has seen approximately a 10% increase of registered LT Mk1’s in the UK, after a steady 10+ year decline."
* price of old ones bigger than new ones:
"for this reason i put that there ... to investigate why 2000 year are same price (or lower) than 1980-1985s"
* it's bigger than Transporters
Other alike cars
See → 🔗car2 !
FINDING PARTS + BUYING PARTS
(only for finding. great UI with full van plans. was: http://etka.cc )
(parts shop, use oemepc part #)
(UK parts shop)
http://ebay.co.uk ("VW LT", but also finds new ones)
(UK parts shop - "minibus")
(DE parts shop - "kasten")
(DE parts shop - "kastenwagen")
(FR parts shop - "VW LT")
(FR delivery 1€ cheaper than to GB or DE)
* delivery to Lanza? i think 2 weeks + 20€ extra
* where to buy in UK? where in Germany?
BUY AND SHIP THE PARTS !!!!!!
moved to 🔗trucko-new
(2016-09-28 OPEN QUESTIONS):
JUST DO IT!
* where to order FROM?
(picking from sites above)
find direct links to parts!
* where to order TO?
what's the difference in time + price?
maybe 15€ only?
People we need to help
* +DAVID.MALA.VAN !!!
* +dario , cousin of luis @truco
* dušan knows a metalworker in Teguise?
* +anne.maguez knows good jeeps
* cousin (?) of antonio (neighbour) said he will help us with rust
* +mogu? she should know about metal / cutting :D
* [...] !!!
* mark pozlep (slo)
* lux (slo)
Visit official Lanzarote VW mechanic + parts
It's near ("go left just before") Ikea in Arrecife.
* availability of parts
Find a Mechanic in Lanzarote
* we need a "cool", no bs, dedicated friendly mechanic
* price: ???
* dario mechanic
* karoline's brother
* Dushan's ITV husband guy, maybe Tias
* ~cassavetes "next to Renault" (via small VW shop in Argana)
Check for Lanzarote source of parts
Best to just order in! Dushan did this!
Check scrapyards ("DESGUACES"), where they destroy & take apart cars.
One next to Ikea.
* any LT/VW van parts?
STATUS AS OF 2017-11
* tried driving the van
* repaired the battery by adding some liquid to it, and running deep recharge program! +dushan
* checked oil. added water. pumped the engine.
* it started great. a bIt of lighter fumes for first 30s
* hard break + breaks failed. break fluid started leaking
then, no other option:
* did a grua (tow) to volcano land
* cleaned up the insides. threw some textiles out, made the top compartment for textile. best order so far.
* i think one of the signals (left/right indicator) does not work!
* I found the inside of the bottom part of the door wet:
CHANGE ALL INSULATION RUBBER ON DOORS
* found mice were chewing paper in the left side comparmtent...:
SEAL ALL HOLES!
SEE THE NEW PAGE !
THIS CAR ("Trucko general")
Starting after a long break
* check oils
* check water
* check filters
* pump the air
!!!!!! verify this
Driving Trucko: Basics
Read "Basic Maintenance" part of the document!
<------- #TODO write it down! :D
Main door key:
* to unlock and drive use the newest looking key
* the "bulge" is looking out - towards the end of the vehicle
Side door + back door:
do not currently work !!!
you can open the back door from the inside.
* use same key as driver door
* turn car electronics on, wait 5 seconds, then start engine!
* gear #1 is only for very sharp climbs. use #2 for starting (like you would normally #1)
* other ones as normal:
(we tried 1-3 + reverse)
* "reverse DOWN one UPRIGHT two DOWN three [...]"
* accelerator pedal:
It might fall apart. It's fairly easy to fix. Do not kick it from the sides.
* the doors:
especially in wind! they might blow out
* see basic maintenance below!
* check other gears (4, 5) at proper speed
* check all electric switches, etc
* ask +dushan for idiosyncrasies (non-standard stuff) again when car is running
More detailed model information
__________ for parts
VW LT 28-35 I BOX (281-363)
VOLKSWAGEN LT 28-50 D (281-363) 2.4 BOX D DIESEL RWD 1979 - 1992
(not BUS or PLATFORM)
55KW / 75 HP
I am pretty sure it's DW.
(options: CP, DW or DV)
__________ from car documents
1750/1720 via anterior
voladizo posterior 1245mm
2500mm distance <---- (this is probably WHEELBASE)
6 cilindrov / 2383
17,40 CVF / 55KW
SITTING PLACES: 002 <------------------------- #todo ???
* search: "VW, LT28 1975-96,28,31,35,45,50"
* dimensions ??? height ???
* Diesel tank size ???
* <--- metal plate
Insurance <---------- #TODO
* for one month?
* for one year?
* what did +Dushan use ???
what does/could insurance cover:
* different drivers:
renting car out to "friends"? <---------- ???
* breakdown / towing?
* broken parts?
* theft / sabotage?
"there is a car insurance by the government for poor people"
Basic maintenance !!!!!!
"remember two things: OIL and COOLING WATER!"
* was changed ??????? +dushan
* "change ~6 months" ??
* was changed "months ago"
* we bought the 10% one ~4€
* the 30% would be better
* can we freely mix these together? (seems: YES)
The instruction video with +dushan:
This video was made when we took the car from previous owner.
0:30 keys explanations
0:50 starting the engine:
* with keys "high on the top"
* count to 5 to warm up the engine
1:30 first own is very short (LEFT+LOW)
2:00 put in cooling water:
spent 4€ for "RADIATOR WATER" (green)
2:40 enter from back:
* "trick is to open from inside"
2:50 checking oil
3:00 opening the engine:
in 2 movements
3:30 engine is open, opening "engine coolant" tank:
we need 2 litres !!
4:10 opening oil:
at moment is half full
checking oil with reading indicators (via cleaning by paper)
"has to be inside these two points"
5:00 if the van stays still for a long time:
"you cannot start the engine"
you pump the diesel manually
"now it's hard, because it's full of pressure"
5:50 d: "i was thinking about cleaning the engine":
"yes, you can do it"
d: "i want to convince people car is nice"
6:10 new gas bottle:
6:40 gas valves:
it's the middle one put horizontal to turn on
the other ones are "cut" and "for the fridge in the past"
7:30 making the bed:
need an extra piece of wood for the end
7:50 some things were left, "you can have it"
8:30 important: be careful with door when it's windy (so they don't fly out)
8:40 THE PEDAL / PUSH ROD DISASTER:
also see : http://nemiga.com/cat_spares/etka/volkswagen/lt/6/073100/
(microphone goes a bit shit)
9:15 solution maybe visible:
on top: round OR triangle
pointing: left OR right
he holds it as:
round + right ?
think original is the same! (tested - yes!)
ADVANCED PEDAL USE - PROBLEMS:
* it can get stuck so you can't push it down:
* kick it a bit right!
* it will fall back in
* Seems sometimes it gets stuck a little pressed ?!?!!? <------ #CRITICAL >dushan (listen again + ask)
* it makes a bizzare noize
9:20 "supposedly works" but don't see trying
10:00 the money + "enjoy your van"
10:30 suggestion about the keys! <------------- #TODO:
10:40 black one is also for the engine
(antonio comes, clip ends)
FIXING LTs (in general)
CAR FIXING DOCUMENTATION
* "understand every screw !!!"
* [files:trucko .pdf] <------------- #e2h #todo
Common problems of this model
(Dec 2016: looks down)
Interchangeable / similar parts in other cars
* "Doors are interchangeable between years. Window wipers are shared with T3s and so are easily found and replaced"
* "Some sliding door parts are shared with the Bays and T3s which are therefore more easily available"
* "use exhaust from Polo"
* engine shared with Volvos !
* "Transporters and LT share some parts"
CAR FIXING PLACES IN LANZAROTE
* argana main avenue: basic car stuff shop
* argana "hidden warehouse shop" (+tina)
* argana "car paint" shop (never was there yet)
* desguaces lanzarote:
* [...] !!!!!!
* foundation paint ??
* car seats
* the state of rust damage is worrying
* feeling ups and down looking at this car:
* GOOD: insides are great and huge, rare cars have this (for the price: ?)
* BAD: mechanically it should be OK, but looks like it has problems (visible and hidden)
* BAD/NEUTRAL: the rust looks bad, but is doable??? unsure sometimes
* drive this car and figure out what the situation is <-------- #NEXT
Parts (FIND + FIX)
* hand brake cable 25€
* driver-side mirror 25€
* front tires pair 100€
* front left pillar 25€ (wooden part):
* brake hoses / brake lines 100€:
change all of them? change just the one?
* under-carriage (RUST!):
* exposed tank:
looked like one of the tanks was rusted through metal, plastic exposed?
* exhaust pipe:
not fixed in place
has a hole
* that plastic ring on right-wheel suspension lead ...
* sad back leaf springs
* (kind of broken) engine hose 15€ ???
* speed & mileage counter cable 20€
* slide door rail ???
* back plastic bumper ???
* engine below looks oily? -- but lost "only half" oil in X months (?)
maybe can DIY fix:
* front door hold attach !!!
* back door lock (only needs adjusting?)
maybe can find somewhere:
* accelerator pedal ???
* slide door hold
* front plastic bumper ?
Todo / Tocheckout:
* armature & whole driving compartment:
* loose wires
Different materials used in repairs so far
talk +dushan more!
* explain the time of the repairs on the outside [to get idea of trends]:
* when did you do the fibra?
* when did you do the front wood?
* when did you do the white spray paint (???) coating
* spray foam (yellow)
* fibra de vidrio / fiberglass cement
* sheet metal + "stapler" gun ???:
>dushan can you say which tool you have?
* wood panels
* wood !? (front fake panel fail)
Supposedly it's in good shape.
People say it sounds nice.
(via http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_D24_engine )
* "The D24 was fitted in the Volkswagen LT range from Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, with factory production from August 1978 to December 1995. Specific dates of the variants - CP: 08/78-11/82, DW: 12/82-07/92, 1S: 08/88-07/92, ACT: 08/92-12/95."
So we have DW !
* "The condition of a head gasket is typically investigated by checking the compression pressure with a pressure gauge, or better, a leak-down test, and/or noting any indication of combustion gases in the cooling system on a water-cooled engine"
check head gasket +mechanic !!!
* "The camshaft drive belt also required changing at the recommended intervals, which was a pretty involved job, not least because of poor access in the under-floor engined LT vans, and the necessity of special (and expensive) locking tools to carry out the replacement, which have always been scarce and are becoming increasingly difficult to obtain"
* antonio says, "if there is white stuff when you open the oil part, it's a big problem" (this was not the case)
* everybody also talks about the white/blue smoke:
this car has A LITTLE BIT. <------------------------------------ #todo : how to measure if this is a problem?
tools availability might be a problem !
What does +dario think?
Q: What are the basic engine tools?:
<--------- #TODO +MECHANIC
* oil check is okay
going to playa honda (?) to do an engine wash
however, cumbia has probably smart advice:
"these things work until you start touching them too much"
aka never touch a running system...
fixing - slightly torn hose in engine
what is that pipe?
Dushan knew nothing.
fixing - oil sitting on top of motor
* dushan say maybe a spill?
* coming from where?
* maybe gasket?
was disconnected at 307k
this was "last year"
about 20k more since then
"only need to change a wire"
car seats (+ swivel ?)
Driver seat is totally fucked up.
Currently a duvet is thrown over it.
* find one in scrapyard
* @trucko gets sewing machine
* +mat makes something
* +christo bought amazing Porsche swivel seats for his T3 !
Exhaust is really fucked. It has a hole and rattles.
It doesn't seem a priority though ???
2.4 petrol or diesel are both the same exhaust, turbo is different. 3 components:
* a down pipe which goes from the manifold or turbo to the silencer
* the silencer itself:
* the tailpipe which goes from the silencer to the side of the van.
Fucked up, stripping and vacuuming it away.
Should replace with something to also make car more quiet.
rust inside armature:
* derust + spray paint?
* how to make this nice?
* closing gaps (plastic parts)?
* can become a problem for electronics PCB <-------- but this could be re-manufactured anyway
HINGE PANE ~120€
Accelerator pedal + push rod
Yes it can be driven - just be careful not to kick it. Press it from a specific direction.
* Try fixing it with a twisted strong wire
Push rod hunt ... (3D-print project?)
image and part list for accelerator pedal:
push rod - 281 721 609
BASIC GERMAN PRICELIST
part number 281721609
* accelerator button <----------- #now
* explore this site more (vagcat)
Body panels !!!
Prices + Images
* windscreen pillar panel, 30€ <------------ #tobuy
* front wheel arch <------ which ???
* door on top?
reconstruction / self-construction options:
* "fablab manufacture" ??? <----------------------- #project
* decide which panels are the worst, make priority list
* figure out how they would be shipped
* type: ??? <-- #TODO
* what kind can we get? can we get wider tires?
* how do we know to change these ones?
wooden parts for bed/table
* measure + cut missing piece
* figure out + replicate table +dushan
* maybe a "keyboard stand" would do?
CAR MECHANICS IN GENERAL
Check state regularly !!!:
Belts / Pulleys
* which ones are there?
* how do failures look like?
* current situation?
* order spares?
Fluids / Chemistry
* radiator F / "coolant" / "antifreeze"
* brake F
* diesel additions
* "gear oil" / "transmission fluid"
* hydraulic F
* washer fluid (for windshield)
The usual internal combustion engine is a water-cooled four-stroke gasoline design. It uses three circuits of working fluids:
* Combustible air/fuel mixture
* Water based coolant, usually with glycol mixed
* Motor oil for lubrication
These are all vital, but must never be allowed to intermix
(importance of gaskets)
Blue exhaust smoke may be indicative of oil burning.
White exhaust smoke is an indicator of coolant burning, another sign of head gasket wear
Engine coolant (water-based)
Engine coolant AKA "antifreeze"
* first dushan said 4.20€ 10% solution
* but now he said a higher % would be better?? <--- #TODO !!!
What are these car parts? <------ #TODO
* gasket ("tesnilo"):
* ball bearing
* alternador (works?)
HOW TO DERUST / DERUSTING
* who to talk to? +???
* what's really urgent right now?
* how to follow rusting trends?
* if you see rust under paint - remove the whole piece?
* if screwdriver goes through - what to do there - keep poking through?
* how is ITV with rust?:
* what is too much?
* what kind of "holes" are permitted?
* http://www.thebugshop.org/bsfqrust.htm !!!!
* http://www.thebugshop.org/bsfqn4_1.htm !!! ("restore to perfection")
* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNYOhCBZH4g (different primers explanation)
* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6sXv2uX9wg (via 33c3, "Patching extensive unibody frame rust" !!!)
-------------------------- maybe / tocheckout
* use "Dinitrol" to remove rust
* If big problem, cut + weld + polish + fibre cement? + paint
* "cover with good spray paint. It will hold up exposed uncovered for a year or so but eventually break down and allow rust to start again."
cleaning the undercarriage:
* clean with solvent !!!
* "Black Asphalt Fibered Roof Tar": For the tar I use an ordinary 2" nylon paint brush
* remove a bunch of rusty metal if needed:
* with cutting / punching out
* radial OR hand grate to metal
* "Make sure you have exposed all of the rust. Rust "bubbling" under paint usually extends farther than you can see, so brush away."
* use chemicals:
* like DINITROL
* like "Eastwood's Corroless. -- I swear by it now and use it anywhere"
* "It will usually dry, turning form white to black in about a half hour. You can accelerate this process (which will be slower if it is cold) by warming it with a heat gun"
* clean the surface (solvent):
"Before you do anything the surface must be clean and free from any salts, grease and dirt contamination."
* polish (rotary / hand)
* use "glaze putty" / "epoxy mastic" (?) / "fibra de vidrio" / "masilla" / "body filler"
* polish + vidrio again a few times
* primer / foundation paint (can be a hand spray, but not optimal):
"Bare metal must have epoxy primer, self etching primer, or DTM Direct to metal primer. Primer surfacer should not be applied directly to bare metal."
manufacture + weld:
* cut + bend pieces OR buy prefab pieces (~40€ per piece)
* weld pieces
Q: is "primer" same as "foundation paint" ?
HOW TO WELD
"At least the metal is thick enough to weld to if all else fails."
(via http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/t3-or-t4-camper-i-need-help-deciding_topic29839.html )
* CO2 ?
* spot welding:
Typically the sheets are in the 0.5 to 3 mm (0.020 to 0.118 in) thickness range
* How thick must the metal be?:
(dushan has some suggestions / ideas ... on paper)
IDEAS + NEW PROJECTS
TRUCKO AMPHIBIOUS - the car-boat version :D
If it looks like a boat... and sounds like a boat... ;-)
(Hehe, German boat campers)
Trucko interior modules <--------- #modular #architecture
* Measure the size!
* a few cm room for gyro self-righting? <------------ #Idea like +tito in "galeb" his boat :D
just get the PLATFORM/CHASSIS model
and put stuff on top of that!
upgrades - fridge
ask +tila for gas fridge ???
upgrades - battery system
what is most suitable?
what are the criteria to decide?
* should be moveable from car
* should easily charge:
* on external 220V
* internal solar
* e-car plugs :D
upgrades - autonomous computer system
upgrades - solar
solar could power "always on" module:
* easiest would be to keep a phone alive
* if it fails have "local guardian" respond !
* on the roof
* how to fix it there? <----------- #TODO
upgrades - water tank
nestor had one, but threw it out
"didn't need it" ??
Running on used cooking oil
* find places to collect
* find ways to clean
* monitor quality and engine status somehow
BUYING THE CAR
Buying in Lanzarote
* http://www.facebook.com/groups/cars.lanzarote/ (Cars!)
* Segunda Mano
CHT: Initial buying project
* 800€ budget + 200€ (for documents)
Features / Attributes:
larger is better!
does not need to be very efficient - we will not move too much around "on a daily basis"
"remember there are still many dirt tracks on the island, so ground clearance is useful"
* rust - bad or good?:
how fast does it destroy the car?
Car having expenses
* ~50€ for mechanics checks
* ~150€ for change documents
Regular car-having expenses:
* ITV ~50€ (every year, or 6 months for older cars)
* insurance ~200€ (for car "5 person", depends on the year)
* "impuesto municipal" (municipality tax) ~50€ / year
Need to change stuff "around here in Lanzarote":
* oil ("aceite") ~30k km ?
* tyres ("pneumatico") ~30k km ?
Procedure of actually buying the car
* find offer
* check it, like it
* have a competent friend look at it
* bring cash, sign impromptu paper
* make real sign-over <-------- #toresearch
(We kind of didn't do it like this.)
How to buy + Vocabulary
How to buy a used car on Lanza:
* motor / "coches" = car
* motor / "furgonetas" = "autocaravano" or "wohnwagen" or "living trailer"
* "averiados" = damaged
* "todoterreno" = jeep?
* "remolque" = trailer (you snap on the end of the car):
+chrono wants this for Apolllo
CHT: FAQ for "buying a car"
Why buy a car?:
* we were spending 100€/week many times on a car
* this just doesn't make sense anymore
* we can also modify/hack the car, learn about it
* we can store shit in the car
Is it worth the money for buying, tax, insurance, repairs and the hassle of upkeeep etc?
Especially if compared to renting through http://www.billiger-mietwagen.de/ or other cheap brokers?
Yes, see "Why buy a car."
Especially no brainer if there is to be a base that operates in a stable way.
The whole focus of http://totalism.org/season4 is investment, not renting.
How much haggle space is there when buying cars? How does this work?
Is it possible to negotiate a warranty with owner, and how [so it doesn't break in 2 weeks]? Is there any protection by law?
I think +alfredo spoke about this being made illegal, so the car needs to be sold as working etc. So you always have some protection. (?)
CHT: Should we go through the ITV now, even though there are a few months left?
This might be a good idea.
The owner must guarantee this is possible.
CHT: Do we know someone on Lanza that knows stuff about cars?
What are the requirements for owning a car on Lanza? Insurance? Tax?
How much does all the insurance, tax etc stuff cost?
Who can drive the car?
Seems like anyone.
In case of accident they're covered. <--- ??? unsure
What's the deal with insurance [in case of accident]? Is it for the car or the person?
2PADS/cht4c2-1.txt- * insurance ~200€ (for car + person)j
Who can buy it? Who to write it on officially?
Do they need a driving license to own it? [otherwise it's David that can own the car]
Is there an incentive to have an association own the car?
Can it be moved to the association easily later?
Probably the stamp fee and the other taxes to transfer a car have to be paid again.
Is it different (less complicated) for a local / a formal resident, or same for foreign person?
It seems to be impossible to own a car in Spain if you are not a spanish resident.
Does the person need to be present here to do certain things?
Both seller and buyer have to go to the Registro de Propiedad on the Rambla Medular in Arrecife with photo id (to do the transfer).
For other things:
ITV, insurance, ...
We buy a car and it breaks down completely. What are the costs?
Tow it away = 100€
Inspect it = 50€
Destroy it = ???
Should we invest +400€ to buy a jeep?
Cars that can be fixed more easy / more modern cars?
When did this happen, around 2000? How to know this?
Different for different models.
Is this really good to have for us?
This impacts price / serviceability?
"How to change owner?" !!
FACTURA DE TRAFFICO
Do it "sin agencia !!", otherwise it will be expensive.
"If you buy from a dealer, the “transferencia” will be taken care of normally as part of the price – that’s changing the registration into your name. But if buying privately, you and the seller will have to do that job yourself."
* "Both buyer and seller should then visit Registro de Propiedad on the Rambla Medular in Arrecife, with their photo identification documents and Certificados de Residencia, as well as the car documents – the ficha tecnica and the permiso de circulacion."
* "Tell the staff it’s a vehicle change, and they will give you a copy of a sales contract (Contracto de compraventa), and a copy of the form they need to calculate the sales tax."
* "So for a €6000 car, you will have to pay €240 transfer tax. The buyer normally pays this, but it can be negotiated or even split. "
* "Next you need to go to Jefatura local de Trafico (known as trafico), who are on Carretera Los Marmoles, opposite the petrol station, in Arrecife. "
* ..."Once you get there, join the queue at the payment window on your left, and tell them you want to transfer a vehicle. They will take the money for a transfer (€50) and issue a receipt. Now you can take a number for the main windows."
* SALES TAX = 4% of sale price ... so for 1000€ = 40€ ("can be split with owner")
* TRANSFER = 50€
* certification of residence (green paper)
AGENDA + PLANS: LIFE IN THE CAR
* sleeping / liveable van
* bed is pretty cool
* need the wooden part, easy to fix
* running water would be nice
* dishes + dish system (pink bucket)
* bed stuff
* simple LED lights / color LED strip ?
* utility battery / #hyperbattery system
* computing in trucko + TABLE
it was really good when we had that table!:
* 3-4 people easy!
* where did it go?:
* the metal foundation was thrown away
* the wood? was it same as the bed? #tocheckout !! >dushan
* transport + mobile lab
Has own subset of tools.
Can support CHT misions on its outside:
* extendable tent
* external lights
* inter-island travel
* ~25€ to Fuerta ???
* ~50€ to Tenerife
(have this in frags talking with +dushan)
* downtown storage for CHT
For this, we still need a stable place to park it during downtime!
* We could perhaps get some agreement with Cabildo ??? +oscar
* +antonio knows the guy who offers camper storage in Argana
* renting out for ~50-100€/week
people could easily stay there (during downtime)
i move it per request OR they move it
DOCUMENT META <-- skip this
Logging hours of work
* 2 x 2h checking it at dushan
* 5h research + deciding
* 2 x 3h buying it
* CAR DELIVERED!
* 2h post-buy hang +dushan and video
* 2 x 1h post-buy big checkup +matic
* 2 x 2/3 post-buy checkup with antonio
* 1h writing this outline
* 2 x 1h car check + outline work
* 4h night research
* 1h research
* 1h field research (2nd hand tools)
* 2h car cleanup
* 1h research + documentation re-edit
* staying at car
* bringing some things in
* exploring + writing first post to VW VOLT FB group ~1.5h
* derusting + pondering 0.5h
* reorg 0.5h
* video transcription + pedal fix detal 0.5h
* 5h before leave at least (DERUSTING)
* 2h merging docs @ 20160928
* 0.5h touch @ 20161206
~2h work on document
* we did cooking for the first time
* cleaned up storage a bit
* ran it for a few seconds. accelerator pedal seems in place
* car had a bit of a smell, "but that's normal"
* +Dario saw car:
* was very positive
* "you should get it fixed by someone who fixes boats"
(This document as #e2h #case)
#brilliant #mima.ui #case +matic
* (~august) it's becoming too big ~500 lines
* right now 700 is very difficult to manage, even with TOC
* (2016-09) now at 1700 lines:
* spent some time doing overview
* wrote "WHILE REORDERING TRUCKO PAD" #mima.ui file
* (2016-12) 1700 lines, structure/TOC is OK, but stuff is intertwingled:
"also see" + autocompleted internal anchors would be good
what would help:
* TOC/navigation always present in edit mode !
* move fragments to categories (inside hierarchy)
* search fragments
*** PAD + ARCHIVE
some more questions w dushan
* which insurance exactly you had?
* why is the ID metal plate in front so nice?
* who is the metal welder in Teguise ("artist") you wanted to recommend?
* is it possible the "golden tag" of car is not original?
making a driver license (in Spain, in Slovenia, ???)
* now it's more difficult in Spain than it was
* cumbia attempted driving exam 3x !!!
* ... prepared for theory one week (only solved example tests)
* costs ???
Where is the best?
Something for 🔗place2legal.
legality of modifications
* what is possible officially and how:
* sanity check: solar panel on roof?
* how to do "homologation" on bigger modifications, and examples of that?
todo: clean - wash pillows
Fix: Front cabin light
project - download all documentation
Location: TODO !!!
* facebook groups ! must have search too + get links
DIY / "maintenance culture" Quotes
Tim Aldiss That's why I leave spare wire coat hangers in my cupboard. Noisy whilst in the cupboard but have been known to hold an exhaust together on a drive all the way from southern Spain to Greece
Michael Holm Big can of beans and some gear clamps too
The ignition works off a Lucas key so the truck starts fine <------- ???
idea - roof upgrade
* Legal possibility to change / upgrade roof?
* Add racks !
* Add solar panels
TODO - Digitize Trucko documents
* make historic time + expenses view
( if they weren't fucked by the rain :-/ )
BRAKE / BRAKE FLUID PROBLEM
SENSOR / MONITORING / SECURITY PROJECT
* put solar in an inside place where it's not easily visible but
* run 5V android phone direct on it
* which phone to use?:
(have: Galaxy XCover 2)
* get sim card!:
* access media by request
* cheap keep alive!
* make it somehow accessible from outside?
want / need:
* GPS location
* see battery level
* take photos / audio / video
* clean up those photos (for space)
further ideas, problems, ?:
* stick something into select items to track them? another GSM unit?
* what if it turns off?:
can have somebody to manually check up / restart if it goes down
Easy app for scripting / flows:
No idea for remote access.
No good/easy idea for power...
Connecting the power button to some very low power system that monitors phone and battery?
Raspberry + 3G router + USB GPS?
Just 3G router (with OpenWRT) + USB GPS?
USB hub to also add camera?
______________ #toresearch !!!
* "android as security system"
* "control android remotely"
reading / mentioned:
* http://www.cnet.com/how-to/turn-your-old-phone-into-a-home-security-camera/ :
IP Webcam ... but I don't want a constant cam!
* SalientEye (motion detection + camera)
* control dev remotely mention:
* http://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/fully-control-your-android-device-from-any-computer-0164097/ :
ADB + Vysor ? + ...
We bought a van, via a friend (Dushan).
* on Lanzarote and Fuertaventura beaches for 10 out of 15 years?
* how did it come here?
EU source of used parts ???
* has MUCH BETTER ["in the past..?"] and pretty much PERFECT and also CHEAPER car parts than DE.
* YOU CAN DISASSEMBLE CARS ON YOUR OWN YESSSS!
"in Roermond were 2 places"
trucko as #ratrod
via insta:diesel666dude !!!
The rust is fake of course.
legal infos to drive in Canarias
moved to 🔗trucko-new
<--------------------------------------- (NEW): above TOPICS, below UNSTRUCTURED
Original (German) repair manual. 20min. #towatch !!!
(Site generated by E2H, an "Etherpad hypermedia" project by @dcht00).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.