CHT Project Equipment
An overview of project's common equipment, aka "Stuff".
(June 2015 - Portable subset of stuff during 🔗season4-B, back from La Graciosa.)
(July 2016 - Stuff in hacklab form as "Truco Space")
Document currently in review ~ 2020,2021→.
2020-11-25 part overview
Table of Contents
* 🔗ordering - curated & priotised list for equipment acquisition ("stuff we are buying")
* 🔗postmarket-stuff - commonizing resources (sharing levels & practices)
* 🔗hackbase-type2 - hackbase nomadism based on this gear
* 🔗shipping - how to ship stuff here / logistics
* 🔗markets - where to buy stuff (in Lanzarote, EU, worldwide)
* 🔗subfinance - how the space is financed
* 🔗flocking - follow instructions here to get access to stuff outside of subseasons
(A graph, with some links)
STORING THE STUFF
Full Nomadic + Pirate Storage
also see → 🔗history
* first 3 years, we had a house
* 2014-06 to 2014-11 passive storage @dora and @t
* 2014-11 to 2016-06 passive storage @t and @dushan
* 2016-06 to 2017-01 active storage at 🔗truco.space hacklab we set up!
* 2017-05 : passive storage at 🔗trucko !
* 2019/2020 : storage in Mancha Blanca + in Trucko
*** STUFF HERE
The list is incomplete, but will give you a general idea.
VW 1984 LT28 2.5D van
See 🔗trucko !
* jumper cables (ESP: "cables por arrancar coche")
* basic tools
camping equipment for ~15 people
* tents, tarps
* sleeping bags
* air mattresses
* towels, covers, duvets, pillows, etc
* portable cooking set
* inflatable couch (Vango)
* LED lights (on 2/3xAAA, 2x18650s)
* gasoline 2-stroke generator (750W max, 650W nominal):
+ Car Battery (12V) adapter with special plug and clamps
* 2 x 50W portable solar panels (with main DC & 5V outs)
* framed solar panel (SolarWorld, 50W)
* portables for devices (5 volt)
* lead car battery, 110AH
* Small AGM "Deep Cycle" ~100Wh / ~3kg
* Victron PWM charge controller (BlueSolar 12/24A 10A, SCC010010010):
"use remote panel SCC900300000 to program the controller, via RJ45 UTP cable"
* DC regulators, several (aka: step up/down, boost/buck converters):
usually approx 150W, max 35V
* Inverter 12V DC → 220V AC:
500W continous, "Excelvan", MSW=Modified Sine Wave
* charger cables:
* Lenovo Thinkpad barrel plug (as for X220/X230)
* Macbook Pro 2011-generation
communications, workflow infrastructure
* LAN with server and local services, also see 🔗workflow
* wireless routers (bigger, and USB-powered)
* medium-distance wifi (hacked tp-link stuff)
* disk drives + huge offline content collection
* cables up to 20m
* Ethernet cable crimping tool
* Thinkpad X220 docking station
* 4G, 80GB/month EU roaming dataplan
fully-equipped, outdoor-ready kitchen
With or without the car, in a tent or outside.
Cooking for: up to 15 servings.
* pots, pans, utensils, etc
* plates, cutlery, etc
* impermeable box storage
* food processor, slicer, juicer, ...
* large plate grill
* screw-on camping gas burner
* gas bottle
* some emergency non-perishable food supplies
* collection of rare herbs and spices
Kitchen inside the 🔗trucko van:
* large-gas container + 2 hobs
* electronics / DIY
* screw-drivers (+, -, Torx)
* general purpose clamps
* wrench set
sound / studio systems
* Sony 5.1 surround system + Active subwoofer:
SONY STR-DE495P 180W receiver:
"""Audio format: Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS 5.1, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Pro Logic II"""
SONY SA-WMSP85 (100W) woofer
SS-MSP2/CNP2 (speaker system, ~100W MAX)
(with really nice "matrix decoding" Dolby Surround & Dolby Pro Logic II):
"""Matrix decoding is an audio technology where a small number of discrete audio channels (e.g., 2) are decoded into a larger number of channels on play back (e.g., 5).""" /// """In 2000, Dolby introduced Dolby Pro Logic II (DPL II), an improved implementation of Dolby Po Logic created by Jim Fosgate. DPL II processes any high quality stereo signal source into five separate full frequency channels (right front, center, left front, right rear and left rear). Dolby Pro Logic II also decodes 5 channels from stereo signals encoded in traditional four-channel Dolby Surround. DPL II implements greatly enhanced steering compared to DPL, and as a result, offers an exceptionally stable sound field that simulates 5 channel surround sound. """
* Medium-grade 5.1 surround sound system
* ~500W of ghetto speakers
* 400W 6-channel PA amp
* a few small portable D-class amplifiers
* a "Fender" Telecaster electric guitar
* a bunch of guitar pedals
* 5V USB -> 9V DC guitar pedal power + daisy chain
* 8 channel recording interface with pre-amps
* a bunch of studio-grade microphones
* cables, converters, ...
Also see 🔗studio !
* for construction
* random stuff to hack (e-textile, ...)
* First-aid kit (incl bandages, etc)
* Anti-blister bandages
* Alcohol 96%, Oxygenised water
* 5ml physiological saline
* aloe vera
* aspirin, paracetamol, ibuprofen
* anti-histaminic cream
* contact-lens fluid
* Bunch of supplements and Nootropics
* color laser printer:
OKI C301dn Color Laser (A4)
(power consumption: Typical: 480W Max: 1170W Idle: 80W Power Save: <9.5W Deep Sleep: <2.5W Auto-Off: <0.5W)
* bike tools (several):
* hex/allen/inbus keys
* some spare tubes ?
* grease (spray)
* teflon grease (spray)
* small pump x3 (one >igor.lasanta)
(mostly M/L sizes)
* wind stopper x2
* rain break x1
* 2 large bags of different clothes
* new socks (different sizes)
* sticker collection
* small stuff:
* sewing machine
* rechargeable AA / AAA batteries:
* random USB cameras x5
*** STUFF NEEDED !
To increase its productive capacity, the space needs more equipment, which is often s more difficult to find, or is more expensive where it is located are (on the islands, compared to the mainland).
Please bring equipment to leave in the space.
If possible, organise a collect mission from your local hackerspace:
Usually, bigger spaces have a lot of stuff to share they don't need, but might be useful to CHT.
Visit your local spaces, talk to them, send us some photos of things they don't need.
Take an extra 20kg luggage and trasport it here.
If you have good ordering / supply option, the space would buy stuff off you:
Support for covering the extra flight baggage is possible too.
See → 🔗ordering for list !
***(SOME RECENT ADDITIONS)
<----------------------------- (new) ↓↓↓
* 2x card10 (cccamp2019 badge) + extra EEG sensor
BROKEN DISPLAYS !!!
### need to order from china (2€)
[K] Battery charger for lead batteries (acid, AGM) ~50-100€
12V 5A 30€
UPDATE: got one in LIDL ~20€
"smart charger", outputs 5A but is rated for 110Ah.
so, slow - but perfect(?)
[K!!] garlic press
LIES → CHT7C
* Symphytum officinale (100g)
* Millepertuis herbe (100g)
* Venkel fruit / Foeniculum vulgare (100g)
→ See 🔗essential-oils
* Apricot pit oil (50ml)
* Avocado oil (50 ml)
* Cetylalcohol (50g)
* Hamamelis Hydrolate (100ml)
* Rosa damascena Hydrolate (100ml)
* Thyme Thuyanol Hydrolate (100 ml)
* Aloe vera purum Hydrolate (50 ml)
* other "natural" chemicals
* Plantbased glycerine (100ml)
* Xantaan gum (50g)
* Emulsan (50g)
* Tefose (50g)
* Beewax (50gr)
(DAVID) Carl Zeiss Contact Day 30 Compatic (6 lenses)
2x ; -5.5 ; BC 8.9 ; dia 14.20
Solar Powerbank 8Ah
model: Smart 8.000 mAh Solar Powerbank
[K!!!?] Cheap tiny DC waterpumps (#lim0) x10
10x for #kits !
12V 3W 280L/h = 5L/min
SHOULD FIT A BOTTLE OPENING
[K!!!] ELX -- 220V and DC time delay
* pump water, switch off after 10 minutes
[R!!!] ELX -- usb "charger doctor" 2€
[K!!!] ELX -- arduino trigger relay (30A)
[K!!!] ELX -- temperature + humidity sensor and controller
7€ ?? for that box ???
[K!!!] ELX -- volt/amp meter 1€
[K@!!] gopro-like camera (3x 25€)
2x 11.23€ | Vemont Action Camera 1080P 12MP Sports Camera Full HD 2.0 Inch Action Cam 30m/98ft Underwater Waterproof Camera with Mounting Accessories Kit (Blue)
[K!!!] sd cards (10-15€ for 1):
need to be fast ... SDHC / class 10 or something like this
(DAVID) [K!!!] "Jim Black" glasses
LIES → CHT7B
* Sony PRS T2 e-ink e-reader
* Kobo e-ink e-reader
* 2 x X220 laptop battery ("GreenCell")
* Samsung nx300 camera + standard lens
* Thinkpad X240 (8GB RAM)
* Miband 3 personal sensor:
* lots of Belgian chocolate
* lots of "Zipper bags" (to organize camp things)
* hot glue gun
LIES → CHT7A
* 2 big modulor bags (laptop size)
* usb-ledlight strip (changing colors, 30cm)
* webcam (Trust)
* endoscope camera (dream@home)
microscopic camera dnt (https://www.conrad.nl/p/dnt-usb-microscoop-5-mpix-digitale-vergroting-max-150-x-191393)
* velcro (8x ca 75cm)
* cable binders set velcro (12x)
* small 1x18650 power bank
* soil meter (hygrometer+lightmeter+soil ph + liquid ph)
* pralines (4 boxes) + plastic bags (praline packaging)
* some extra chocolate bars
* paint pistol (120W?)
* lijadora ~300W
* 2 x fire extinguisher (inside van)
* large tripod (for bigger cameras)
* basic tools (wrenches, ratchet, etc)
* some sort of an earth meter tool (ph?)
* ### LOTS OF CAR-WORK RELATED TOOLS & MATERIALS !!!!!!
(pau→) textile stuff
* textile raw materials (packaged felt, etc)
* conductive textile (copper, silver)
* copper threads
* Kapton tape
* [...] ###
Lenovo X220/X230 external charger
OK: david gets via jarkko!
EU ROAMING SIM = SOSH (70GB for ~12€)
Using since 2018
You can get it with a French address (to get it delivered)
Many of our West German friends just cross the border and get it delivered to a friend there.
[/] DC regulator KKmoon DPS3005 (buck!)
we have 3x
* no upconverter! only buck = step down !
* has display, programmable
* 30V, 5A
* can be patched with https://github.com/kanflo/opendps and hacked
(pau on 20181226)
This was a fuckup as it's only Buck (down), not also Boost (up voltage) :'(
Except if you see any reason to get DPS5005 (has 50V instead of 30V top... but I don't know if that's really needed, except if you have some idea for the slightly higher V).
<tbehets i think
[K] Portable gas soldering iron
got the Lidl gas one @2019-01!
[K] crimping tool + set of crimps
got tool + box @ Lidl 2019-09 for 10€
had problems to get through hand luggage (had to hide it at airport to try again in 3 months haha) but managed in the end.
* Kinect 3D camera + tracking system
* Raspberry Pis:
1) ### with LED shield, no box
2) Rpi 3 Model B v1.2, red/white box
* Vango inflatable couch ! +++
* DC voltage regulation bits
* cool full-RGB, arduino+network controllable LED system (12V lights + 5V USB for arduino)
* portable low-water shower system (via 12V DC aquarium pump)
* Akai portable studio equipment
* Ninco Shadow FPV Drone (status: needs 1/4 engine):
* 2 x Hammock
* Magicshifter MS3000:
(manual, TODO: update firmware)
* Pebble Time:
works (@Arrecife friend since 2019, need to recover !!!)
* projector Epson EB-S31:
*** RIP (Broken / Deprecated / Stolen / Lost)
* a "Fender" Musicmaster electric guitar
* 3 bikes:
grey "Giant" ~2016 @ Teguise
"Limoncello", "Bottechia" ~2019-12 @ Tinajo ... see also https://pad.land/2bicis
* Xunzel 12V/24V Solar Charge Controller (for lead-acid batteries, liquid or VRLA):
* iSCC-L05 XUNZEL 12/24V - 5A – 60W @ 12V / 120W @ 24V
* internals: http://twitter.com/chtotalism/status/708352032688771072
* water buckets:
several flexible ~10L (washing up)
one escaped by sea!
* old car battery (~100-120Ah, liquid Pb):
sold it off for 10€
repeatedly tried charging it in different ways
it showed 8.5V
it was spilling, general liability
*** PERSONAL STUFF: TO BRING or NOT TO BRING with you?
See 🔗newcomers !
consider refreshing #medic kit
a list of cosmetics by a crew: https://ethercalc.org/uru7k0vmjifw
(Site generated by E2H, an "Etherpad hypermedia" project by @dcht00).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.