Table of Contents
See main site: 🔗trucko𝌡 !
That one is more a reference, this is coordinating current actions.
* also docs on °2 ??? >d
* vocab FR-DE-EN-ES https://ethercalc.org/2dpsr0we0wxm
* we need more collaborators on this I guess...
Reference - PRIMARY
* http://www.oemepc.com/vw/main_group/markt/RDW/modell/LT/year/1989/hauptgruppen/1234567890/drive_standart/6/lang/e :
ex "ETKA" - map of car !!!
* https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/part/281609701c/ (on example of a part) + AFTERMARKET:
see AFTERMARKET product codes
* https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lt-forum.de%2Fdokuwiki%2Fdoku.php&edit-text=&act=url :
lt-forum.de wiki , auto-translated !!!
Reference - SECONDARY
All the basics are the same for all LT Series1
English handbook for LT 1991
* some DIY repair things, light ones
* lots of dimensions and numbers listed for different LT models
* no mention on handbrake cable length... (that's what I'm looking for still)
Reference - TERTIARY
tonnes of schematics :)
some random story about engine fixing?
>pau #todo contact those people (the page on brake system is down ofc)
* helpful to identify all parts of the car:
* dimensions http://apascual.free.fr/dimensions.html
-> trucko with 4855mm length is "standard"
-> wheelbase is 2500mm
* order all parts in one order from the same shop if possible
* verify +david before making an order !
* (deprecated content thrown out to 🔗trucko-new_𝌡)
*** SHOPS (WHERE TO ORDER PARTS)
* https://www.rezervniavtodeli24.si :
* https://www.daparto.de/ :
it's a price comparison and aggregator for car parts.
You just select all the parts you need and pay to them, then they order from the cheapest seller or sellers.
They also have all the compatible non-OEM parts.
* https://www.mecatechnic.com/en-GB/Vente_Flash_VW_lt.htm nothing really interesting here.
*** PARTS TO BUY
* Hand brake cable [OK]
YOU NEED TWO - LEFT AND RIGHT.
YOU NEED 1040(left) & 1690(right) .
(You find this via
Part numbers 281609701C & 281609702D
* https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/part/281609701c/ + AFTERMARKET
* https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/part/281609702d/ + AFTERMARKET
Got them both for 15€.
* https://www.avtodelionline.si/textar-7684959 :
Textar 1040/720 20€ for 2500mm
* https://www.avtodelionline.si/cofle-7927929 :
COFLE 1042/722 7€
* https://www.avtodelionline.si/cofle-7927930 :
COFLE 1690/1282mm 9€
* Driver-side exterrior mirror
* LEFT-SIDE MIRROR "HANDLE" / "ROD"
¤ no luck on AFTERMARKET https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/lt+lt+4x4/lt/1984-6/8/857-101010/#11
* do you mean:
* 281 857 543 underlay (10)
* N 0142792 oval head countersunk bolt (11)
¤ or this https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/lt+lt+4x4/lt/1984-6/8/857-101030/ ? bit confused...
Yes this whole thing is broken off.
The only way to get it is probably from part yards.
So the solution is to get *any* mirror, and just bolt it somehow. Can probably get on island.
___________ PAU TRY
¤ contacted https://www.piecesdiscount24.fr/vw-pieces/lt-28-35-i-camion-plate-forme-chassis-281-363/10591/10666/retroviseur
Nous vous remercions pour votre message.
Je vous informe que le mécano a trouvé les pièces suivantes compatible avec le travailleur d'après les informations de votre voiture, mais il vous prie de verifier les dimensions:
Je reste à votre disposition si vous avez d'autres questions et je vous souhaite une bonne continuation de la journée!
Merci d'avoir choisi notre magasin en ligne.
= totally useless !!! thanks
¤ re-asked about the "thing to fix it to the car"...
___________ PAU SPARE PARTS / PRIVATE SELLERS (FR)
¤ on the forum (todo register)
not sure if these are still available (many people were interested) but they all look different to me?
>pau ¤ ok I'll try to call
¤ second-hand //bof
* PROBLEMATIC FOR HAND LUGGAGE.
¤ looks good + fixation thingy
* OEM : 251857513A
= declared as compatible but not looking like... https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/lt+lt+4x4/lt/1984-6/8/857-101030/
<pau : I don't get it about the OEM thing... it's not exactly the same in the shop as what's on the schematics...
* original = 120€ !!!
looks like it has that fixation thing with it
<pau : contacted them; more infos on parts references needed
* models from 11€ to 65€
* not original but compatible
* compatible = 28€
* Pair of front tires [ON ISLAND, ~100€]
BUY on-site !
* Front left pillar [ONLY ALVADI, 25€]
* is currently wooden ... should not be
SIDE PANEL VW LT1 - 281-805-054/D
https://www.vwheritage.com/ 130 pounds
* Brake lines (brake pipes, brake hoses) [TODO]
* ONE BROKE THIS TIME. I DIDN'T SAVE EXACTLY WHICH ONE.
* BUT IT IS A GOOD IDEA TO CHANGE ALL. I SAW THAT 2 OR 3 WERE CHANGED ALREADY. THESE THINGS ROT SO THEY NEED TO BE FIXED.
== 2x330 ?
281 611 775 B x2 = part 17 "brake hose"
17 281 611 775 B brake hose M10X1,0X330 2
(17) 251 611 775 B brake hose M10X1,0X460 2 M512:291-296
OPEN Q !!!
do we also need part 10 & 11 ??? "brake pipe"
== 1 x 385 ?
6 431 611 707 brake hose M10X1,0X385 1 281-296,
(6) 291 611 771 brake hose M10X1,0X484 1 4X4
431 611 707 x1
* which parts are we looking for.... pipes ? hoses ? all?
(why not also other parts that can be found)
700 2 36 002 1
BRAKE LINE SET (metal)
(more info from pau)
* very detailed search possible with more infos here
¤ just from choosing construction year (from 01.1983) I get these:
¤ 281 611 775 B for front :)
¤ 431 611 707 for rear :)
(DAVID OPEN QUESTIONS)
* some are M>M, some are F>F ... wtf ??? > will try to find an answer
¤ if you look at the schematics you can kind of see the mess of M and F...
+ "connectors" can be found i.e. https://www.auto-doc.fr/abs/7800640
* what about the long ones?
* any other parts that are not standard? that will be replaced? (some "washers", etc)
* it seems they don't need to be exact size? they're tubes ?! > really???
* difference PIPES and HOSES? > good question... is it what defines M / F maybe ???
https://www.avtodelionline.si/rezervnideli-iskanje?keyword=zavorna+cev (model pre-set)
nice, custom looking set of parts. (2018-10-28)
allow search by OEM:
(front axle / rear axle)
F 185 "both sides"
https://www.euspares.co.uk/parts/mapco/71852 Mapco 160? M>F
https://www.euspares.co.uk/parts/lpr/2363412 LPR F>M
https://www.euspares.co.uk/parts/brembo/1663485 Brembo F>M
https://www.avtodelionline.si/stark-7998873 Stark M>M
F 337 "both sides"
VAG, seems to match brickwerks "281 611 775 B"
https://www.euspares.co.uk/parts/ridex/8093597 Ridex M>M
https://www.euspares.co.uk/parts/triscan/7222680 Triscan 340 F>F
https://www.avtodelionline.si/stark-7998938 Stark 337 M>M
https://www.avtodelionline.si/stark-7872149 Stark 330 M>F
https://www.avtodelionline.si/metzger-1816655 Metzger 303? F>F???
https://www.avtodelionline.si/abs-7718978 ABS M>M
R 392 ("centre")
https://www.euspares.co.uk/parts/abs/7795093 ABS M>M
R 390 "both sides"
https://www.euspares.co.uk/parts/lpr/8036301 LPR F>M
https://www.avtodelionline.si/ridex-8092940 Ridex M>M
https://www.avtodelionline.si/stark-7872172 Stark M>M
___________ PAU QUESTIONS
* do you know anything about brake system? <pau
= not really, he didn't know there were so many cables...
he only purged them (air in brakes is very bad)
what he says / asks :
* you need to know where is the problem !!! >david
* brake hose at wheel are most fragile because when one changes the brake pad it is the only thing that holds it....
* if only one failed you maybe don't have to change the whold thing at the first place...
* or is it at the pedal ?
* you can drive even with one less... (he's currently at 3 & 1/2 so to say)
* not good for emergency brake
* don't do if the brake is stuck on the wheel
* to change the 4:
* sounds like a good idea
* and shouldn't be too complicated
OTHERS ON BRAKES
when to know you need to purge the brakes:
* when the pedal is too soft and makes a "spongy noise"
= there is air in the circuit
* you need to add liquid to remove the air
* if there is a bubble in the circuit it's supr annoying:
* you have to disassemble the whole system...
* doesn't mean you have to change it all
to purge the brakes you need:
* the EXACT liquid for your model
(he didn't get the right one and had to order again)
* A LOT of liquid
___________ PAU SHOPS
OTHER RANDOM STUFF
* if not this one (80€!!)...
* maybe something to protect the car is good thinking...
::: not a bad price honestly. my plan was to rather find which material this is exactly and make our own + sell to other people.
* if we would know a bit more on the topic we could get tools and stuff like that maybe...
I don't know what you mean
See 🔗X-ordering𝌡 !
*** WHERE TO FIX THE VAN @Lanzarote ? (mechanics)
976 570 086
L-V de 08:00h a 13:30h y 15:30h a 20:00h
Sábados de 8:00h a 13:30h
LAMAS (Tahiche) !!!
Antonio Niz (Arrecife)
Hi David! How are you? My cousin has a similar van, he said the best is:
Antonio Niz, in Los Geranios (Arrecife) 928802106
Can't reach them.
Talleres Viajar (Playa Honda)
<lanzarote info group
* Talleres Viajar Lanzarote:
928 82 03 94
* THEY SPEAK ENGLISH!
* holding car no problem
* Called me back! It's okay! :
she's very nice
* Cannot say anything about the price without seeing it
* OK - HAVE AGREEMENT TO BRING IT THERE!
Volkswagen Comerciales - Lanzawagen (San Bartolome)
Carr. de San Bartolomé, 84
+34 928 09 35 25
+2 for service
Can't reach them.
AUTODESGUACE LITO (PH)
Playa Honda, Lanzarote
928 940 755
Repuestos usados Tamia
(They didn't have nothing for me).
--Don't remember calling them 20190216 !
Is it the same as Recimetal ?
--not open this week 20190306 ?
Official VW / Lanzawagen (Arrecife)
VW MECHANIC CONTACT @Tinajo:
"Darren VW T3"
i have your green battery poles
PEPE Taller (Mancha Blanca)
he accepts to work on trucko!
* changed wheel valve
* question about AGM battery 30Ah ~12V ~90€ (WA)
<----------------------------------------------(new)(now) ÷ MECHANICS | ÷ REPUESTOS (shops) | ÷ GRUAS
AUTO REPUESTOS = shops for parts (Arrecife)
(shop & taller)
calle El Claudiano 4
DOESN'T HAVE the mirrors we want
near Hospital General
Carretera san Bartolome
VENTAS: 928 802 386
OFICINA: 928 813 727
WHATSAPP: 629 085 001
facing Juan Cruz
was closed afternoon <- carnaval week? (same @Tamia)
met different confused customers on parking
one tells me that Juan Cruz is much better for VW parts !
(unsorted / todo)
* vq playa honda:
"these people are serious my van always goes there" :D
(FINDING NEW PLACES & INFO)
* I MADE AN ACCOUNT HERE.
Playa Honda ITV place ... Get address !!!
* guy with T3
* Darren ?
* official VW place'
* "lanzarote car repair"
* "lanzarote vw taller"
*** GRUAS @Lanzarote
"Trucko's taxi services"
list organised in chronological call history of 20190226-28
inquiries to move trucko from Tinguaton to Mancha Blanca
" the one from CHT5A" ++
+34 659902393 (continued on WA)
55 or 60€ estimate
PERRERA (Mozaga) +
SAN GINES +++
+34 666406217 (continued on WA)
20190228 =45€ paid
60€ estimate, doesn't want to negociate nothing
MORE GRUAS (seen @Arrecife)
they may be more local to Arrecife, not seen outside of the city
* Gruas Lanzarote Asistencia
(near Recimetal, calle Bilbao)
also in English
654 469 738
* Los Ajaches
*** COMMUNIQUE / LETTERS
Van fixing - FOR FRIENDS
Could you give me any lead on a mechanic for my quite messed up 1984 VW LT furgon?
It needs to have some parts changed, which I'd supply. Much appreciated.
Do you think I can leave the car at this mechanic?
Because I would bring it end of November. I would come with parts, but maybe some other parts would need to be ordered from Europe. I don't know much about cars or this particular mechanic ... Do you have an opinion?
The question is if it's okay to leave a car there for one month or so if it needs to be fixed and wait for parts..
Van fixing - FOR GROUPS
Hi all. I've bought a campervan/furgon in a not-optimal condition some 2 years ago, and now it's finally time to fix it. Do you have any recommendations about car mechanics / car repair?
The specifics are:
* It's a diesel 1984 VW LT2.8
* ... a rusty old campervan. So nothing fancy please. Somebody who will not disrespect this project.
* I will It will probably have to be there for 2 months or so if any additional parts have to be ordered. Any experience welcome about leaving a car with them like that? Costs??
* Time is less a focus than a price.
* Also building a relationship would be welcome as this car will be a money sink in the next few years.
Thank you all so much.
Hi all. I'm looking for recommendations - looking for a car mechanic for fixing a classic van (1984 VW LT2.8) in a pretty bad condition, but just make it road worthy, to pass ITV. I would help supply the parts. A mechanic that would be enthusiastic about the project and would know some English is a plus, but I'm grateful for any recommendation.
Van fixing - FOR WORKSHOPS ("TALLER") IN SPANISH
* I'm looking for a friend, somebody to also be enthusiastic about this on some way.
Hola, buenos dias.
Perdone, me interesa más saber si usted hablan ingles.
Vale, yo tengo un VW LT2.8 1984 en un mal estado. Necesitamos reparar los tubos de frenos, cable de freno, revisar todo, y otras pocas cosas. En esto momento no tiene ITV.
Yo traigo todos los partes.
Me interesa si tienes interes en estas coches? Si no, puedes recomender un otro mecanico, por favor?
* [...] <--------------------------------- !!! send to more
v2 (for calls?)
Hola buenas dias, soy David. Te llamo sobre reparar un furgon, Volkswagen LT de anno 1984. Es un poco una chatarra. Yo pregunto gentes que yo conoce en la isla que sabes sobre VW, y te recomendarse.
El estado de mi furgon en esto momento es, no tiene ITV, y no tiene frenos, i frenos de mano. No se mueve 2 anos, pero antes, todo el tiempo. Yo penso el estat de motor es bien.
Yo necesito un preparacion para ITV, y un inspection. Me preocupa una cosa - si encuentres otros problemos, y es un parte raro, yo necesito cojer de internet, y se require no se 2 semanas. Es posible en esto caso tener furgo con tigo? OK gracias.
Tienes una idea cuando tiempo necesita?
Ok yo llego en la isla en aproximamente Noviembre 20. Te traigo mi furgo con la grua okay?
Para seguro okay, es una chatarra, para yo quiero reparir, por me es un dedicacion. Eso es el comienzo.
OK muco gracias senor!
For Desguaces [Spanish]
tienes algo de partes por mi furgo?
Yo busco especialmente:
* partes de puertas laterales (correderas)
* Espejo exterrior
* puertas taseras
* paneles de cuerpo
* pedal de aceleracion
Y mucho cosas pequenas :)
General parts info question - for Slovenian original VW guys
prihajam iz Kranja. Na otoku v Španiji sem si kupil dotrajan starejši kombi.
Zanime me, če me lahko usmerite k nekomu, ki bi mi lahko pomagal razvozlati informacije o rezervnih delih za ta zdaj že klasičen avto?
Konkretno me zanimajo naprimer deli:
* splošno, ki bi jih priporočili menjati takoj (seveda filtri, zavorne linije, itn)
* gumene cevi na motorju
* ogledalo na voznikovi strani je bilo odtrgano, torej skupaj z nosilcem?
* pa tudi - čisto splošni nasveti?
Lahko priporočite kakšen avtoodpad oz trgovino s starimi deli blizu Kranja, kjer bi se dalo pozanimati za kakšne rezervne dele?
Poznam strani, kot je http://oemepc.com/ , toda po tem se je kar težko znajti. Prijateljski nasvet nekoga, ki ima s tem izkušnje, bi mi pomenil res veliko. In seveda me zanima tudi nakup delov, če jih lahko priskrbite. :)
Najlepša hvala, in lep dan želim,
Thread here: https://www.avtomobilizem.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=111918
Van needs vehicle insurance to pass ITV.
Overview of situation [for calls etc] XXX
* owner of the car
* has NIE number
* no driving license (so far)
* my NIE is on an address I don't have access to anymore (don't know if this is important)
* ... could change to MB1, probably? if needed?
* ... not sure if I have a "residencia" officially !
* registered in Berlin officially:
(still has flat contact ... "no one cares")
* still has a bank account in France:
can this prove living place??? >pau
* has French driving license, valid in EU
* insured as a second driver at Matmut for a car in France (all family cars are there)
* German phone number (was shocking to some people called)
* wants to insure a car that belongs to someone else in Canarias...
* what is NIE : http://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=802643
* it's not a big deal to get NIE:
* you make an appointment, show up a week later, and that's it, you have NIE. (I think)
* yes seems easy, maybe possible to get a Spanish NIE in France (at the Spanish embassy):
>pau : CHECK THIS
* pau: "I don't want it, I don't want to be registered in 3 countries":
i think this doesn't make sense
CHECK ! >pau
* "if you are in Spain for more than 3 months, you have to get it" ....... >pau
Can you personally get the van insured somehow from abroad (example, France) ?
pau: "answer is no"
Is it possible with a non-Spanish (foreign) insurance office?
This looks like it might be possible ?:
"Similarly, if you have a Spanish-registered car, it must be insured with a Spanish insurance company or a foreign insurance company with an office in Spain."
1) French insurance
NO THEY DON'T DO
see calls and forum answer
* French insurances insure car registered in France.
* possible coverage for up to 90 days abroad
1A) with matmut
1B) with another French based insurance that does international (axa?)
* yes they do international insurance (beautiful)
* easy, they ask me documents to provide (which ones?)
* we have them and can give them !
2) International insurance
* anything about an international / european insurance ???
* we interact with dinosaurs that don't see things change:
* what does this mean to have Europe?
* "harmonization" is NOT a real European politic !
3) Spanish insurance
* call counselling offices (expat thing and other on Canarias)
* probable to get confirmation of documents needed:
* get NIE from embassy (seems to be possible)
* CHT has a post address on the island
::: Yes, we can post to @MB1 >pau
* do online quotes and further calls
* any other scenario???
* find a local person that will accept to be that guy
david: do you know anyone (I guess no) ::
no. but it may be possible to just show up to a bar night and try to talk to 200 people.
however for that you would need to understand what is the RISK for them if something goes wrong:
* what does this even mean? why is it even written on a person? #idea what if CHT would be an association ?
* what if somebody else crashes the car/kills someone and runs away?
>pau : ask this to the insurance companies in Spain?
* it may be the ultimate desperate move...
RESOLUTION // Status <--- start here
received Matmut document showing history of no accident
* <pau call on 28.NOV
+34928800613, office Liberty Seguros in Lanzarote
-> send documents:
- D's NIE -> what's the deal with the address on it ? do you need to change it ? >david
- car documents
- explanation about the situations cases B and C
or mobile whatsapp 628 878 936
_____________ NO MORE BULLSHIT ________________
For a car to be driven:
* legally without punishment if stopped by police
* and, for financially insuring against the loss of capital in accidents
The car needs to be insured:
A) by the owner, which has any valid (European) driver license, but is not associated with Canarias
pau: "this is more common"
STATUS: NOT KNOWN TO BE POSSIBLE
* The company "INOV" (French speaking in Spain) says it is "if you own it".
* Which you can't without NIE (<david)
For case of Pau doing this:
** has to be done
**** unknown how to do it
A) It's possible to insure Trucko on X, if:
* X does not not be a resident from Canarias !:
(>pau : link general tips on finding an appropriate insurance to do it)
* ownership is transferred to X **
* X has a driver license
* X agrees with this ****
* SECONDARY ("RESIDENCY") ADDRESS ****
>PAU : LINK+EXPLAIN TO SOMETHING ABOUT !
* NIE problem ****:
because TO OWN you need a NIE (<david)
See "ENTAILS" !!!
B) by an EU driver, who is not the owner
pau: "this is rarely accepted by insurance companies"
STATUS: IS POSSIBLE +AXA
* <pau call on 29.NOV
-> SHE SAID IT IS POSSIBLE TO HAVE A OWNER AND A DIFFERENT DRIVER TO INSURE
wasn't clear in the Spanish talk if case B) or C)
preferably visit there with the documents
* <david call:
* Allianz contract ???
* contact called Montse
* need the historic data of previous insurance >pau
___________ YOU ARE HERE _______
<pau on 18.jan:
CONTRACT PROOF RECEIVED ON 24.DEC !!!
it shows I have no historical car accident or anything !
FR Insurance Infos:
* pau as second driver
* car insurance with Matmut
* contract on the name of my brother >pau : contract number !!!
* since 1 June 2016
<pau on 13.dec: call Matmut:
* request being processed
* the new/Spanish insurer can call Matmut:
* they will communicate the infos
* even before I can have the documents myself
<pau on 6.dec: call Matmut:
* request bonus/malus data
* contract since 1.06.2015
* will receive per email +brother next week
Araceli Tabares Axa Playa Honda - Auto insurance
Avenida Del Mayor, 0 S/N - Oficina Axa Seguros (C C Géminis), 35509 Playa Honda, Las Palmas, Spain
XC35+M7 Playa Honda, Spain
next to Capi blaz (hamburger place)
+34 928 81 90 73
open Mon-Fri from 9 to 15
because it's quite near the garage david found
C) by a NIE person, owner, not a driver
STATUS: NOT KNOWN TO BE POSSIBLE.
C) the case exists:
* to insure the car on a non driver owner
* you need a driver as "second driver"
* may be problematic because the actual driver is not the insured one
D) own & insure as Spanish (or foreign?) company / association
(PAU NOTES ON PROCESS)
* Well, I don't think it's possible to insure it from France.
Call more local
It seems that's it's tricky to insure it before changing car ownership.
* And still keep the scenario with different owner / insurer as parallel track.
still the same
French expat network
* registered to this http://www.expat.com/fr/header-register-finish.php?referer=http://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=495368
------------------opened a thread------------------2018.10.29
SUJET: Assurer un véhicule à Lanzarote pour une non-résidente
Bonjour à toutes et à tous,
Nouvelle ici, je me prépare à rejoindre un projet aux îles Canaries, pour le moment sur Lanzarote.
Pour ce projet un partenaire a acheté un van il y a deux ans et c'est là que ça se complique!
Lui est propriétaire, a un NIE mais pas de permis de conduire.
Moi je suis conductrice, résidente en France (et en Allemagne) , sans NIE, et cherche à assurer ce van pour qu'il puisse passer le ITV.
Le van est immatriculé sur place, espagnol donc, sans assurance, sans ITV.
Quelqu'un a-t-il une expérience similaire??
Quelle assurance auto puis-je contracter depuis la France ? si ça existe...
Quelle est la procédure à suivre?
Je suis preneuse de toute information :)
* résidente française (yeah well) voulant assurer un van à Lanzarote
* quelle est la procédure?
* questions possibles:
* le van ne m'appartient pas, c'est un bien commun pour un projet de recherche....(will they understand?)
or: mon "partenaire" a acheté ce van en juin 2016 pour un projet ?
* contrôle technique (jamais passé depuis l'achat)
* assurance multiconducteur
* garages à recommander
* French resident who wants to insure a car in Lanzarote
* what's the process?
* possible questions:
* I don't own the van, it is a common for a research project
or: my "partner" bought this van in June 2016 for a project ?
* ITV (never since then)
* insurance for several drivers
* any garage to recommend
Hola, buenos dias.
Perdone, me interesa más saber si usted hablan ingles. Esto seria mucho mas facil para mi.
* Residente francés (si bueno) que quiere asegurar una camioneta en Lanzarote
* ¿cuál es el procedimiento?
* posibles preguntas:
* la furgoneta no me pertenece, es un bien común para un proyecto de investigación ... (¿lo entenderán?)
oro: mi "socio" compró esta camioneta en junio de 2016 para un proyecto?
* Control técnico (nunca pasado desde la compra).
* seguro multiconductor
* garajes para recomendar
* supposedly the only one French insurance that does international
* French insurance can insure a car for 90 days max abroad
* for French car
* only temporary, no perennity
CAN A NON-SPANISH PERSON INSURE A CAR REGISTERED IN SPAIN?
* New infos:
* in order to insure a van in Spain (if you are not a Spanish resident):
* you don't need a NIE:
"it is ok to not have a tax number" --AXA FR
check >pau !!!
* you just need an address:
(a "secondary [Spanish] residency")
you need a NIE to own the car.
* contact local AXA agency for Lanza
* "Bris de glace" (FR general)
+33 970 820 018
* standard -> service souscription -> agence @Tours
* french speaking insurance contact
* based in Spain
* recommended everywhere on expat networks
* they insure any car in Spain
* if it has Spanish plates
* insure a car with a owner that doesn't have driving license
* insure a car to a person that is not the owner:
SO WE CAN CHANGE OWNERSHIP ??? >d >pau
* how much does this cost?:
maybe ~100€ ?
* how long does it take?:
"pau needs to understand what owning this car in Lanzarote ENTAILS"
OK THESE ARE TWO SEPARATE ISSUES OF (LEGAL) RESPONSIBILITY:
A) being the owner
<pau for your info:
* legally as soon as you are the owner of a vehicle you must insure it even when it never drives !!!
* you can save yourself from that by having the car in a non usable shape:
* wheels not in contact to the ground
* battery and diesel removed
NOTHING <------------------------ !!!!!! TODO
1) scary story about leaving a car without insurance:
= VERY BAD >david
* if the van would burn on the island while you're not there
* and eventually burn things around (like a nearby house)
* you are responsible
* if you personally have a household insurance ("incendie habitation"), you're covered
B) being the insurer
* in the case of B), if your car is stolen or destroyed:
* if this is covered in the insurance plan
* indemnities are given to the insurer not to the owner
* unless something else is written in the contract
* the insurer, if different from the owner:
* "as main driver" on the insurance is responsible for all paper works, declarations and paiments
* "as second driver" means less coverage but no responsability on the paper works
* if someone drives your car with your permission and causes an accident, the accident will stay on your record and may increase your premium.
* the uninsured drivers around that may cause an accident with us
" According to an Insurance Research Council (IRC) study, if someone is injured in an auto accident, the chances are about one-in-seven that the at-fault driver is uninsured. Don't trust other drivers and don't take for granted that they will have as good of coverage as you do. Though it can be hard to digest that you must pay a premium and the deductible for someone else's mistake, it's better than forgoing this coverage and risking losing your vehicle. "
* in the event of natural calamities that can destroy your vehicle you'll only be able to rely on your own insurance.
In case such a situation arises, it is better to have enough coverage to fully repair or replace your vehicle.
#CONTINGENCIES (for either OWNER, or INSURER, or BOTH)
WHERE ARE THE ANSWERS?
A) it is found somewhere in the middle of the desert, without a license plate ... you might get in trouble ... In Spain
They could try to collect money from you, if:
a) you get stopped by police randomly
b) they figure it out on the (Spanish) airport, for example
B) car gets crashed, the driver runs away
C) car gets stolen, you are not on the island ...
D) CHT wants to change the car ownership
INSURANCE WE WISH
!!! check these with insurer :)
A) pau drives van, gets in an accident she didn't cause
B) ... she caused and hurt the van
C) ... she hurt another car and is responsible
D) another random CHT person gets in an accident
E) we rent the van via airbnb to random people, they wreck it
F) van just breaks down. we need to tow it.
G) van gets broken into, on a friends land:
what happens to lock / window damage repair?
what happens to lost stuff?
F) ... on a public land
"anyone with >25 years & >2 license can drive an insured car in Spain"
"the car is insured for everybody" >pau
* Third-party insurance (responsabilidad civil obligatoria or seguro obligatorio) is the minimum required by law
* Roadside assistance (asistencia en viajes):
* covers glass breakage (rotura de lunas) and legal expenses (defensa penal) in the event of a court case.
* It may be included in basic third-party cover or can be added to your policy for a premium.
* Third-party, Fire & Theft: (responsabilidad civil obligatoria, incendio y robo) is known in some countries as ‘part comprehensive’ insurance
* Comprehensive insurance: (sometimes called ‘fully comprehensive’) is known in Spain as ‘all risk’ (todo riesgo).
* It covers all the aforementioned risks under third-party, fire and theft insurance; in addition to insuring you for other damage that you or someone else causes to your vehicle
* (some insurance companies do not provide comprehensive cover for vehicles that are more than two or three years old)
* it’s possible to take out comprehensive cover for vehicles up to ten years old
* Driver & Passenger insurance optional: seguro de ocupantes
Other things to check for coverage:
* Towing coverage
* Rental coverage -> if we would need a replacement, we may not care about this
* Multiple drivers -> it can be cheaper for the overall insurance to declare it at first
" Generally speaking, multiple drivers must live at the same residence and be related by blood or by marriage. Two non-related people may also be able to obtain a discount; however, they usually must jointly own the vehicle. "
= existing case of one owner and one insurer
* up to the insurance company to accept or not
* be super transparent >david
* when choosing garanties this requires even more attention
* have personal agreements between owner and insurer because in case of problems it can be tricky legally (to document more)
Things to clarify
<pau: I don't understand this >david:
* Deductible Versus Premium
" The insurance deductible is inversely proportional to the premium amount. If the deductible goes up, the premium goes down and vice versa. This relationship reflects whether you prefer to pay more or less from your own pocket before stretching out your hand to the insurer. Whichever option you choose, make sure you can afford it. Some people are better off paying a higher monthly premium in exchange for a lower deductible to avoid any large payments after an accident. "
* Consider Raising Your Deductibles
" When selecting car insurance, you can typically choose a deductible, or the amount of money you would have to pay before insurance picks up the tab in the event of an accident, theft or other type of damage to the vehicle. Depending on the policy, deductibles typically range from $250 to $1,000. The catch is, generally speaking, the lower the deductible, the higher the annual premium. Conversely, the higher the deductible, the lower the premium. Ask your agent how your premium might be affected if you raised your deductible. It may make the annual premium better by several percentage points and put some money back in your pocket, or the savings may be minimal. "
"insurance is on a person not on a car"
Consider to increase the safety of a car left alone for long by:
* fitting in a tracking device
* using a gear lock
General infos often needed:
* credit history
* the average number of miles they drive
* their vehicle’s year, make and model
TO CALL !!!!!! >pau
* embassy is usually pretty helpful...
* Spain in France: https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/conseils-aux-voyageurs/conseils-par-pays-destination/espagne/#complements
* https://www.bourse-des-voyages.com/guide-voyage/vacances/pays-canaries-2.html contacts:
Consulat de France sur les Iles Canaries
Centro de Proyectos SL
Calle Alonso Quintero, 29, 3-E,
35001 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Tél. : (+34) 928 94 70 34
Horaires d'ouverture : 9h à 14h du mardi au vendredi.
Consulat de France
Calle Robayna 25 - 38004 Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Tél. : (+34) 922.533.536
Horaires d'ouverture : 9h à 13h du lundi au vendredi.
call on 2018.11.27
@ +34 91 342 25 49 (Barcelona)
* French speaking
* call on 28.NOV from 9am
+34928800613, office Lanzarote
-> send documents:
- D's NIE
- car documents
- explanation about the situation with P as insurer
or mobile whatsapp 628 878 936
(+34) 928 944 789
Calle Correillo 87
* look for car insurances in Lanza and cross check with EU
axa : https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-ab&ei=GhbXW8eLB4-cad7xs_gF&q=axa+lanzarote&oq=axa+lanzarote&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i22i30k1l10.13921.16783.0.17047.12.10.1.0.0.0.449.1777.0j1j5j0j1.7.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..4.8.1781...0i67k1j0i203k1j0i19k1j0i22i30i19k1.0.vFqAWQA6BFQ
* make a list of them
* FIND CONTACT:
* look at Arkéa- Crédit Mutuel
* another with French speaking: Atlantis Seguros (link to MAIF)
* (more to call)
* call at some point
Maybe helpful contacts for legal stuff + car registration:
http://www.prestige-car-sales.com/canary-islands-car-import/ (UK import though)
* look at English speaking forums...
DONE CALLS BUT BAD
* Linea Directa
call +34 900123026
sort of online quote form... no answer
-> they don't insure this car, it's too old for their policy
* Ambassade de France en Espagne
Salustiano Olozaga, 9 - 28001 Madrid
Tél. : +34 91 423 89 00 - Fax : +34 91 423 89 01
Ouverture : de 9h à 19h du lundi au vendredi.
= totally careless
"look at the website for car insurance"
* not helpful
* they don't insure internationally
- assurée Dacia Logan, second conducteur ?
- fourgeon à Lanzarote
- assurance internationale?
* si oui, comment ça marche? = NO
other (not from phone call)
" Les automobilistes assurés en Europe, au Liechtenstein, en Norvège et en Suisse sont automatiquement couverts par une assurance civile en Espagne."
* it should work for 3 months....
* it'd not be enough for perennity of the project but for a start ???
UNSORTED INSURANCE LINKS
* no infos for Spain, beautiful
L'assurance que j'ai souscrite dans mon pays d'origine est-elle valable à l'étranger?
Lazlo, Slovène, s'installe en Grande-Bretagne. Il décide d'emmener sa voiture, pour laquelle il possède une police d'assurance slovène classique.
Une fois au Royaume-Uni, il devra faire immatriculer sa voiture auprès des autorités britanniques et se renseigner pour savoir s'il peut conduire avec son assurance slovène. Si ce n'est pas le cas, il devra souscrire une autre assurance au Royaume-Uni .
* lovely story of a Slovenian dude moving to UK with his car and his Slovenian insurance
* once in UK he declares his car and needs to figure out if he can keep his insurance or needs to subscribe a British one
Insurance for a car in Spain from a non resident
* seems possible
If Spanish insurance is really needed:
* make sure what are the doc needed: is the following list correct ???
* NIE number...
* post address in Spain...
https://totalism.org/MB1 <-- yes, it's correct, but why do you need it? you don't get that they're pressuring you for this info so they waste your time while you dictate it to them, and trap you into their company? this has nothing to do with the concrete question. ¤ it's a detail I may need at some point. not right now, I'm not telling this to anyone
* bank account in Spain...
* report of previous bonus/malus
-> I don't have any of those obviously!!!
IS IT NEEDED WITH FRENCH / INTERNATIONAL COMPANY ???
which Spanish insurance???
* other to read more:
* On car insurance:
* other infos of interest:
* "in Spain, if you are over 25 yo and have a driving licence for more than 2 years you can drive an insured car without noticing the insurance company"
-> cool for future of CHT and participants
* possible todo later
* get quotes https://www.inovexpat.com/fr/devis-assurance-auto/
NEEDS NIE + POST ADDRESS
MAIL FOR BRAKE LINES
A brake hose failed and a friend advised me to change the whole set, as they're all quite deteriorated looking. The van is in Spain however ... Would you be so kind to tell me what exactly a whole set would constitute? Should I get something else with the lines as well, that I can't expect a vanilla workshop would have on them?
Thank you so much for the response,
Q: How about these that I see are really long???
TALK WITH +IGOR @ 2018-10-28
* CHANGE all engine liquids
* inspect servo breaking ... pumps !
* u have to build and ride ... and then listen
* they will make you custom lines
Q: what is the servo breaking? should i get some parts?
rear drums are prob fine ...
but change the hydraulic cylinder for the breaking pedal (x2)
(for handbrake) the left & right is the same, get the springs and stuff.
* drum pads wear down!
two "half moon" things ... both systems use the same braking ...
"you have to disassemble it and leave it to the mechanic"
there's 4 of them ...
resolve: buy 2 of them? (you can change at least one wheel)
* for the HB there's a set of springs ...
CAN YOU SEND ME THIS
* "elastic parts for the brakes"
* cylinder (THE REAR)
buy brake cylinders for the rear axle ... for each wheel
buy rubber reinforced brake lines (metal connects with rubber) ...
one goes to rear axle ... between there is rubber ones (because things move) ... "i think there's 5 in T3"
FLEXIBLE PIPE, REINFORCED RUBBER, WITH TWO METAL THREADS
i would exchange both.
* YOU NEED TO HAVE A COOLING SYSTEM, BREAK SYSTEM, OIL AND FILTERS OKAY
* "the big issue is many screws will buy but you don't know which ones"
this is the bad part with classic cars but u can't do nothing about it
* COOLING SYSTEM. antifreeze plugs. ("5cm holes in the block") ...
engine has water and oil system.
well, they're made of thin metal. they very often corrode in old cars - you might have a leakage!
to take them out, you (maybe) have to take out the engine...
you have to force it with a big hammer ... there's no washers ... the force to the block is strong!
i would be very careful with the radiator.
BUY: whole set of rubber holes for the cooling system. buy high quality, heavy duty stainless steel.
COOLING SYSTEM PLUG
if it's fucked you need to know it.
* "the first thing you do is exchange all the rubber holes [hoses?]"
YOU NEED TO BUY A SET - ALL OF THEM.
"contact resellers, they are pros, they will fix you up, they make mistakes ... but this is how it is."
"if you will have problems, i can give you a contact in turkey ... lol"
"one was 350€ ... i got one from Turkey ... it's a complicated element, with a lot of T pieces"
* he has to make a test if radiator is heating!
"take out the radiator, see what's up. put 2 bars in it ... don't put 5 bars - you'll blow it!"
"you can do it with air, best is with water:"
* cooling radiator fan has to operate!
for sure there is one, but does it work automatically? check!
fuel (don't buy the cheapest one) ... T3 has two!
* new coolant after draining whole system
it's not easy - engine does not have bottom valve ... but put some air in it
the air newer goes out fully ... you never get rid of everything but try to get the most you can ...
you'll need 15-20L for real life.
* change exhaust
if you do this - run and listen:
* bearing! this is a heavy car, and it's dangerous. you need to make sure about it.
On 28 October 2018 at 16:14, David Potocnik <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
I've got some questions about the LT.
Which parts do you think I need to bring with me, from memory, what would you recommend?
Right now I'm ordering:
* left & right handbrake line
* right-side (windshield) pillar
On the island I plan to get:
* exterior mirror & handle ... don't know where to get original?
* 2 x front tires
I'm not sure about:
* brake lines: I tried to look at the car schematics but it's too much different stuff. I don't remember which one broke specifically but you told me to change all. When I tried to ask people in the FB forums, and everyone tells me they are easy to make, you just cut a copper-nickel pipe, and that every mechanic will know how to do it.
Do you have any other suggestions?
Maybe some parts that you always need and mechanic will not have ... Or something you remember would be easy but important to replace (I remember you mentioned "sad leaf springs", etc).
Thank you very much
BREAK CHANGE INFO
* Break fluid should be DOT4:
(also confirmed from previous bottle found in car)
* it's quite complicated :D
CHANGING LIGHTS [TODO]
Turn signal is not working.
Here's some info.
"DIESELPEST" ?!?! :D
Lol for sure we have this ... :D
MIRROR + MIRROR ARMS
"just use any from 18mm truck mirrors"
i also need mirror arms
MAIL FROM JANI TASSI (BREAK PARTS)
- Fleksibilna zavorna cev spredaj:
aftermarket - TRW PHB128 8,12€ kos (185 M>M)
original - ATE 24.5224-0299.3 19,77€ kos (300 M>M)
- Fleksibilna zavorna cev zadaj:
aftermarket - TRW PHB110 13,73€ kos
original - ATE 83.6124-0362.3 22,52€ kos
brickwerks: (385 M>F)
- Žica parkirne zavore ATE:
desno 24.3727-0113.2 18,39€
levo 24.3727-0112.2 18,27€
yes (on island)
- Kovinske zavorne cevi, garnitura cca 80€
no / maybe later (CHECK ON ISLAND)
- Zadaj zavorni valj:
aftermarket - TRW BWL116 26,13€ kos
original - ATE 03.3225-5511.3 56,45€ kos
- Zadaj zavorne obloge + zavorne vzmeti ("garnitura zavorne čeljusti"):
aftermarket - TRW GS8511 53,12€ garnitura
original - ATE 03.0137-0259.2 50,27€ garnitura
Pri zavornih oblogah je potrebno paziti, da se nabavijo skupaj z vzmetmi ( trgovci jih radi jemljejo ven in prodajajo posebej )
- Zadaj zavorni boben:
ATE 24.0225-2003.1 95,90€ kos
Je pa pred nabavo zavornih bobnov najprej potrebno izmeriti stare obstoječe bobne, če so porabljeni se jih menja, v nasprotnem primeru pa ne.
Diameter nov 252.0mm - obrabljen 253.0mm
- Zavorni kolut spredaj:
aftermarket - BOSCH 0 986 478 138 64,63€ kos
original - ATE 24.0120-0114.2 44,73€ kos
Pri zavornih kolutih se držimo enakega pravila kot pri zavornih bobnih, če so obrabljeni se jih menja, drugače pa ne!
Debelina novega koluta 19.9mm - obrabljen 18.0mm
- Sprednje zavorne ploščice + vzmeti:
aftermarket - BOSCH 0 986 462 803 47,93€ garnitura
original - ATE 13.0460-5701.2 64,28€ garnitura ( pri nakupu bodite pazljivi, da ne manjkajo vzmeti !)
- Sprednje zavorne cilindre:
se strokovno obnovi, zamenja se zavorne batke, tesnila, notranjost se spolira, ohišje cilindra se cinka.
Tako imate mir za naslednjih 15+ let.
Obnovljen zavorni cilinder je cca 100€ kos.
(V koliko se bi hotelo nabaviti nove, ja te pa dosegajo kar astronomske cene, 260,00€ +, kar pa se ne izplača, ker strokovno obnovljeni del je po kvaliteti in izgledu enakovreden novemu rezervnemu delu. Samo občutno cenejši.)
BUYING MORE (FOR BREAKS) [SLO]
1 - preden se kaj servisira okoli zadnjih zavor, se najprej preveri ali tesnijo zunanji semeringi na poloseh. V koliko semeringi tesnijo, se menja zavorne obloge, zavorni cilindri in žice parkirne zavore. Tako urejene zavore ni potrebno odpirati naslednjih 100000 prevoženih KM.
1 - preden se kaj servisira okoli zadnjih zavor, se najprej preveri ali tesnijo:
* zunanji semeringi na poloseh
V koliko semeringi tesnijo, se menja:
* zavorne obloge == BRAKE PADS:
* zavorni cilindri == BRAKE CYLINDERS
* žice parkirne zavore == HANDBRAKE LINES
Tako urejene zavore ni potrebno odpirati naslednjih 100000 prevoženih KM.
Why not making CHT an association ???
"at" or "by" ?
there was a plan for this with the "TRUCO" #association
it would also make registration easier, yes, possibly
STARTING VAN - IN DETAILS
* Check oil (color, level):
* clean dipstick first!
* color should be NOT black:
"Engine oil that's in good condition should look slightly yellow-greenish on the rag, and shouldn't be super-dark"
* level should be between dots (after first clean):
* too high?: "maybe a head gasket leak, which means coolant is leaking into your engine oil. "
* Check coolant water
"""From memory I think it takes just under 1o litres. There is a mark on the left side of the expansion tank"""
* Pump the diesel with "squeeze ball":
2019-01-15 was ~10 times squeeze
* check battery:
* Check diesel level:
* wait for it to warm up, ~40 seconds
* go! :
* repetitions are OK to do ???
* how much smoke is OK in which context ???
* how long is OK to do ???
SAVING THE BATTERY
* start with NEGATIVE (cover POSITIVE)
CCA = X amps @ 0°F, 30sec, >7.2V
(igor tips for old, probably dead batteries check)
"""Well, I would say the battery is dead . The only way to find out is a multimeter and a bakery charger .
Simple way , start with outside battery and than run for 200 km , stop , and try to start again . If it does start without problems its good but this one for sure is dead . You did not use / charge it fr to long .
Batteries die after 10-15 months . After this period of not charging they are usually dead dead !"""
Sizes - which do we need? Can use smaller? Can chain? Can use AGM?
Dimensions 353L x 175H x 175W
Capacity (Ah) 90
Voltage (V) 12
Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) 700
Hold Down B3/B4
Terminal Type 1
* Seems like smaller is OK if it works. need to test.
??? (prob depends on C-rating)
Can it be saved ???
#PRIORITY 2019-01 !!!!!!
Blue-white crap on battery can just be cleaned
* have to apply some sort of a drain
* car lights for 2 minutes
there should be a voltage drop of at least 11.8 volts (25% charged), and ideally 12.5 volts, between the positive and negative terminals
* "just because it's holding voltage you can't know it's got the amps"
* try cranking. MUST NOT DROP BELOW 10V !
Disconnect the negative connector once the nut is loosened by pulling it off. Set it aside, away from the battery. Loosen the nut on the positive terminal and disconnect it from the battery. Remove the battery, being careful not to let the positive terminal touch any metal part of the car.
* use Epsom salt!
* clean the terminals
battery problems, debugging, stories, etc
(ALL CAR FLUIDS)
WE MADE A TRUCKO DESIGN (in gimp)
Maybe on pau laptop?
#TODO LINK !!!
PROBLEM : (darren) maybe diesel tank is fucked ... rust !!!
VOCAB / translations
see links https://e2h.totalism.org/e2h.php?_=X-van-EU#AUTO_TECH_DICTIONNARIES
custom list https://ethercalc.org/2dpsr0we0wxm
(slovenian words sanity check)
"SLOVAR TEGA AVTOMEHANIČNEGA ŽARGONA?":
* zavorni sistem
* kako dela gas pedal
* kako videt če je ABS ali ne
TRUCKO MOTOR OIL TYPE
* Check engine's price:
~600€ / ~1200€
(different models, less old than Trucko)
~500€ (Germany, good condition)
DIY rust remover (ideally gel)
(merge with an X page)
* car vinyl application to bonnet
* Does anyone do it "without car key"?
* How about on AirBnb ?
* How does +nacho.tinajo do it ?
HAZARDOUS TRASH ?
How to dispose ???
* Paint thinners
* 7. Never Consume Food in the Vicinity
* Watch out for strange chemical reactions (paint thinner + acids, ...)
* 11. Dispose of Unused Paint Thinner Properly
* Nitrile gloves
TOWATCH :) CHANNELS
* DIY AUTOREPAIR! ... with "Pete"
* removing rust with vinegar+distilled water (1:3) + steel wool
* "muriatic acid" and "ospho treatment" mentioned in comments
* Fertan rust REMOVER + throw away brush + 30 grit sealer
* ~20min bare metal + 80 grit sand + epoxy primer
* Fertan rust CONVERTER + epoxy primer
* comment: "I like phosphoric acid. 3-1 mix. It's like your vinegar water only stronger."
QQQ on pepe oil
AD MDX 15W50
* is it synthetic or mineral?
* what should it be, or is it the same?
The first number 15W is the viscosity of the oil at cold temperature, and the second number 40 is the viscosity at 100 °C
The MDX engine oil 15W50 AD responds to the new concept of high-tech products are the new generation of lubricants of the future.
The use of 15W50 lubricant AD MDX is recommended for all Gasoline and Diesel engines, including the turbocharged direct injection. Its special formulation is suitable lubricants for vehicles with catalyst.
Its excellent performance at both high and low temperature, a lubricant makes it ideally suited to large climatic differences between different areas of our country and its seasonal changes charged.
15W50 oil MDX AD is compatible with all motor oils on the market.
While it is true that viscosity relates to temperature and in some climates a higher viscosity in summer and lower in winter sometimes makes sense, you need to stick with what the manufacturer recommends.
COULD BE BAD?
15w-50 is the “thicker” oil. Which is best for your engine depends on the engine design and to some extent the ambient operating temperature. If the engine is designed for 10w-40 oil then using 15w-50 could damage it severely.
instagram bellecamper@insta mentions thinking of doing this ;)
Also mentions other "diggint into suspension" ~20190518 !!!
Servo Steering kit offered for 400€
<-------------------------------- PAD #1 (new): ÷TITLED || ÷FRAGMENTS
#todo +limoncello #antirust
What is the easiest way to remove rust from the bicycle metal?
"Soak a rag in white vinegar, bathe the bike in vinegar and scrub with balled up aluminum foil."
what was the food next to trucko +riki said can be eaten?
missing green 4x4m tarp
on spanish furgovw.org wiki !
stupid slovenian forum post :D
(but got good response from a guy)
get real chassis number
and other important numbers!
TAKE MAIN DOCUMENT TO PRINT SHOP
HAVE THEM SCAN-COPY THE THING !
PUT THIS INTO RESOURCES - BASIC SERVICE!
install back reflectors!
they might be mandated! (vw forum)
difference BRAKE PIPE and BRAKE HOSE:
* PIPE = METAL AND CUT IN THE SHOP
* HOSE = rubber AND PRE-BOUGHT !
both are BRAKE LINES!
FOCUS ON RETURN POLICY ALSO !!!
* What is it?
* It should be easy to sell (and buy) second hand parts online - is there a simple market for this? Or just ebay?
¤ there are already sooo many shops for those parts.....
* can we work with them ?
* is there something more efficient to set up ?
(i.e. those brake things are super messy and sold by parts not full kit ?)
* case for postmarket ?
* or some sellers interested ?
¤ as of now:
* we know too little about the topic obviously
* rather focus on returning the things
* if only 14 days policy we can't buy too early...
Right to cancel for consumers
You have the right to cancel this contract without giving a reason within fourteen days.
The deadline for cancellation is fourteen days from the day on which you or a third party you have designated, who is not the carrier, took possession of the last goods.
To exercise your right of cancellation, you must inform us (Wemax Group GmbH & Co.KG, Französische Straße 12, 10117 Berlin, Germany, Fax: +49 30 208 478 250, Email: email@example.com) by an explicit declaration (e.g. a letter sent by post, a fax or an email) of your decision to cancel this contract. You may use the attached sample cancellation form for this purpose, which, however, is not mandatory.
In order to meet the deadline for cancellation, it is sufficient to send the notice concerning the exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation deadline expires.
@ https://www.auto-doc.fr/ (same as above)
Droit de rétractation des consommateurs
Vous avez le droit de vous rétracter du présent contrat sans donner de motif dans un délai de quatorze jours.
Le délai de rétractation expire quatorze jours après le jour où vous-même, ou un tiers autre que le transporteur et désigné par vous, prend physiquement possession de la dernière des marchandises.
Pour exercer le droit de rétractation, vous devez nous notifier (Autodoc GmbH, Josef-Orlopp-Strasse 55, 10365 Berlin, Allemagne, télécopieur: +49 30 208 478 250, adresse électronique: firstname.lastname@example.org) votre décision de rétractation du présent contrat au moyen d’une déclaration dénuée d’ambiguïté (par exemple lettre envoyée par la poste, télécopie ou courrier électronique).
Vous pouvez utiliser le modèle de formulaire de rétractation joint, mais ce n’est pas obligatoire.
Pour que le délai de rétractation soit respecté, il suffit que vous transmettiez votre communication relative à l’exercice du droit de rétractation avant l’expiration du délai de rétractation.
365 days return for online orders !!?
AND WARRANTY ???
@ https://www.euspares.co.uk/parts/mapco/71852 : 2years
@ https://www.avtodelionline.si/stark-7998873 : 3years
@ https://www.auto-doc.fr/pieces-detachees/flexibles-de-frein-10135/vw/lt/lt-28-35-i-camionnette-281-363/6362-2-4-d : 2 years
SHOPS WILL DELIVER PARTS TO CANARIAS:
* rezervnideli.si delivers car parts for 14€
* alvadi.ee for 25€
*** DOCS: VW BOOKS
Serviceplan 1984 (Yellow / DE)
15 05 84
M-ausstattungen L46t39032287544 5966163
Iselshauser str. 61
Backtradition in Nagold - seit 1856
16116 @ 19861108
157360 @ 19920318
(1984 / Yellow / DE] Betriebsanleitung Volkswagen LT
[1990 / WHITE / DE] Betriebsanleitung Volkswagen LT
*** DOCS: ITV
ITV 20130221 "FAVORABLE CON DEFECTOS LEVES"
9728/1 "contrasena de homologacion"
luz de marcha atras: no funciona ninguna luz siendo opcional LEVE
ITV 20130220 "FAVORABLE CON DEFECTOS LEVES"
... luz cruce - carretera
lucer de frenado
luces de posicio
frenos de servicio
06.15.02 PERDIDA EN LOS TUBOS O EN LAS CONEXIONES OCN LOS MANGUITOS ... GRAVE
NEUMATICOS: PROFUNDIDE DE LAS RANURAS ... GRAVE
"PERDIDA LIQUIDO FRENO" "TUBO ZONA CENTRAL EJE"
HOLGURAS EXCESIVAS EN ROTULAS Y ARTICULACIONS Y EN SU CASO EL PIVOTE
... "holgura rotula reenvio lado izq."
"holgura rosalida de caja la segunda"
Emisiones: Opacidad 2.15 :D
ITV 20150618 @ arrecife "ENAC"
Emisiones: Opacidad 0.63
(dont hceck other)
Vehiculos que no tienen permitido enganchar remolque : eficacia inferior al 16%
Timoneria y rotulas: Defectos de estado de las bielas y/o barras y/o el pivote
*** DOCS: RANDOM
 Certificado de instalaciones de gas butano-propano en edificacions ya construidas
Marcos Delgado Battiga
Calle El La Rod (?) 9
Corralejo La Oliva
*** DOCS: REPAIRS
20020313 @ jesus figuera armas | 105€
ROTOLA SUSPENSION 75€ + 30€ mano de obra = 105€
CAMBIAR ROTULA, SUSPENSION
PARTE ALTA, DERECHA
20030717 @ juan antonio ruiz tejera, Fuerta | 25€
claxon + 1h work
20050627 @ leonides (incl. TIMING???) | 190€
(a few papers put together, same date, probably bill put together)
bomba de aqua 50€
correa de distribucion 40€
aqua sacliador 10€
correo alternador 6€
carrea servo derecias 9€
correa de bomba gasoil
mano de obra
20061026 leonides, fuerta | 56€
ZAPATOS DE FRENO TRASERAS 56€
20090918 gas bomb
20100505 @ Leonides Fuertaventura | 22€
2 seguros conclik
Mano de dia en Freno
... y caja direction ajuta 22€
20111228 @ leonides | 163€
tuberia cobre de freno 18€
bombino de freno trasero derecho 22€
liquido freno 8€
reparar instalacion electidfca
cristal espejo retrovisores
revision de liquidos y presiones
mano de obra 105€
20111228 @ leonides (continued) | 56€
(same day continues)
... hacer tuberias de freno delanteras 13€ + 40€ mano de obra = 55€
20120102 @ leonides | 230€
pastilla de freno delanteras 35€
juego zapato de freno traseras 70€
bombin freno trasero izquierdo 23€
mano de obra 90€
20120710 @ mecanica general - roman sanchez jimenez @TIAS | 90€
Deposito lavaparabrisas 2€
2.5 Mano de obra ... 30€
adaptor motor y depunto lavapuerlisos ajusta volonte y revisor dirrecion
20120918 @ clavijo | 140€
filtro de combustible millard x2 13€
... aceite millard 4€
aceite titan truck plus 15W40 1LT x8 = 22€
aportacion sigaus rd679/2006" x8 = 0.5€
mano de obra:
reparar electrica caja fusibles
x3 = 90€
20121031 @ clavijo | 135€
rele vw 45€
aditivo radiator 16€
mano de obra: 45€
colocar regulador alternador
sustituir rele calentadores
aditivar circuito refrigeracion
20121211 @ TALLER CLAVIJO | 30€
MANO DE OBRA
ENGRASAR BIELA EMBRAGUE
... CABLE ... 30€
20121218 @ clavijo | 75€
lampara xtec h4 12v 60/55w p43T 4€
mano de obra: 60€
sustituir cojinete alternador
reparar cable faro delantero izquierdo
reparar cable embrague
cable cuentakilometros roto
20130124 @ CLAVIJO | 35€
MANO DE OBRA
* PASAR ITV
* FACTURA ITV
20130221 taller clavijo | ~200€???
tubo 5m 22€
liquido freno 500ml 5€
neumatico 185r14c 102r fv500 65€
mano de obra: 120€ (4x30€)
reparar tubo de freno
desmontaje, ajuste y montaje bielas dirrecion
reparar instalacion dompleta de lucs
pasar itv (sin cargo)
TRANSV.C. / TENDERETE NAVE 5
20130619 rexbo | 84€
cable de accionamiento, accionamiento del embrague COFLE (sold by Metzger) 103291 R8-B3 1 ....... 18€
Rotula de suspension/carga, Eje delantero, derecha eje delantero 57004618 R7-C3 ............ x2 .......... 54€
DHL welt ................ 11.90€
20130705 @ clavijo | 160€
tubo 6m ... 47€
mano x3.5 .... 105€
sustituir rotulas de suspension parte baja
sustituir cable embrague
sustituir tubo combustible de bomba a inyector (material traido por el cliente)
20140306 @ CLAVIJO | 260€
TACO SUSPENSION 5€
MANO DE OBRA: 8x 30€ = 240€
sacar barra de dirrecion para enderezar y remachar
soldar barra estabilizadora y colocar taco
reparar tirante suspension lado derecho
ajustar reenvio derecho e izquiredo
20141204 @ RAC LANZAROTE (arrecife) 198€
1x escobilla 51 20"
1x ... 55 22"
1x Desoxidante dielectrico 29€
5 instalacion M.O. Fernando 30€ ...150€
Instalar Reparar averia electric ... 197€
20141001 @ clavijo 57€
filtro combustible 7€
fusible lamina 50
sustituir filtro de combustible
purgado de circuito
reparar instalacion calentador
1.5h = 45€
20150618 itv factura | 49.62€
inspecion de segurirad 31€
... de emisiones 12€
20150702 @ rac | 160€
portes avion 18€
limpiador de frenos 500 6€
aflojalotodo 500ml BLIN 6€
M.O.Fernando: 4x30 120€
* instalar barras de de direcion central y laterales
* reparar bocina
* tensar cable freno mano
20160627 (BOUGHT BY CHT)
Recorded transfer & state on video +dushan !
*** CHT6B LOG
20190126 | Trucko diagnosis @cht6b +darren | <pau
* body work is not promising
"this is the worst I've ever seen on this island" ...
+ undercarriage is rusty
* engine reacted perfectly, great sound
* a little bit of while smoke out of exhaust, normal
* trucko moved !
* darren is passionate but has a lot to do
* "you won't get the money you invest in back"
* all brakes should work
* visual / bodywork -> NO HOLES ADMITTED
+ door handle
+ 2 mirrors
+ "bumper corners" front cover
* seat cover
* pattern #toask +igor
* use "liquid de freno" to test brakes leaks !:
#TODO : can we, or must we, use "break cleaner" ? is that a thing?
* lift the right side of trucko
* remove wheels
* check the brake system (front and rear)
* remove the parts to have them as reference for shopping
+darren UNSORTED / LOG
* it's too big and "not inconspicuous" for his house :D
* but he offers to set up brakes on site
<- he will contact david next week to arrange an appointment
Parts in details <DARREN
* Brake system
* change metal and rubber parts
* brake pipes == metal parts
* cheap to buy
* but hard to fit in place
* brake shoes to buy in Arrecife
* take the parts off and go to shop
"you'll always get the wrong ones and waste time if you don bring the parts"
* rubber hoses <- to buy form "continent"
* spring rusts
* basically buy a set
Good to know #vocab
* front = "calliper has break pads"
* middle = "wheel cylinder"
* rear = "brake shoes"
* Hand brake
* cables are here !
* it should be fine !
* a pin is missing "and something is bent"
* typical weakness from those vans
* make a thingy as replacement +darren
* take the wheels out to fix the cable
* Timing belt
* lifespan of ~90000km
* costs ~180€ for the part
* to change it everything else in the engine has to be removed
* it's something yuo change preventively
* when it brakes -> valve bends -> head gaskets crack -> engine dies
#tocheck in trucko's records if changed
* Exhaust pipe
* has many holes
* make a new one @Arrecife shop
* Fuel tank
* has a hole ?
* find a square tank won't be simple
* maybe from a boat ???
* panels could be bought from "continent"
"here people want to mak everything themselves, this is a waste of time"
* "grinder" with blue disk (?)
* expanding foam to fill the holes
* or aluminium
* or mesh
* fiberglass to cover it (not just mastic)
* "SPRAY IS NOT GOOD", better to use roll paint
* Cylinder heads
(trying to see if the engine goes hot, should be left running for 30minutes or so)
(seemed OK for the time we ran it)
* bolted joints (?)
* some are broken ?
was it the thing for the steering rack ???
(this is a potential problem)
darren gives up (no time)
* ask him to use his tools at his place with a project
(shaping brake lines...)
20190213 ~17:00 | TRUCKO VISIT
* DONE -- quick go around & identify "critical rust patches":
* DONE -- tried keys:
A) main keys
B) extra keys (2x side door, 1x fuel, 1x back) in van
still think I lost one pair of keys!!! ...don't remember where even!
[XXX move to log]
DONE -- stuff brought to MB1
* 2 bowls
* 5x perks
* sleeping bag bag (reuse straps)
* decorative "stars" light
* electronic box:
* cable connectors (power, audio)
* 4x buck-boost / audio amp ???
(incl 1 bad)
* Raspb.Py & box
* lights (white plastic bag)
* micro SD 16GB + SD adaptor for Pentax
* Sony remote & button
* broken tent (s)
material to repurpose
* 2 towels
* more T-shirts
* socks, etc
* 2 strong bags
* the small portrable one
* green+pink to repurpose floor
#TODO #TEXTILE #REPAR
* take a day and look at all of the tents
20190215 ~15:00 | SOLVING GONZALO STORAGE PANIC
* Riki comes in and says we have to talk about the land ...
* "They will go to Cabildo and ask for Cuarto de apero"
* ... Trucko needs to leave the land for this
20190228 ~18:00 | TRUCKO TOWED TO PEPE
+Grua San Gines (45€)
20190301 | Day1 @pepe
* fix hand break
* change broken break line <---- pump air ???
* pump tires
* change rear left tire valve @tinajo
* machine spray paint white
* talk to van#2 ("syncro" pickup) @tinajo
20190304 | >pau NIE week
more at 🔗X-pau-NIE𝌡
20190306 | david +pepe
* work on side door:
* oil and clean up
* close with force
LEGAL -- Infos about driving in Canarias
You must pay your road tax at the Ayuntamiento (town hall) which governs your locality. Prices vary between local authorities and size of the car’s engine – usually around 39-84 Euros.
There is no tax disc, just a receipt so remember to keep it safe!
LEGAL -- Paperwork you will need to have on you at all times
* Drivers’ License
* Insurance policy document AND proof of payment from the bank or receipt from an agent.
* Permiso de Circulación (Traffic Permit – you should avoid leaving this in your glove box for security purposes and keep it on your persons.)
* Ficha Técnica
* ITV disc must be up to date and displayed on your windscreen
* Passport or Certificado de Registro (formerly known as the Residencia)
¤ does trucko have ??? >david :
* Two warning triangles in case of break down
* A complete replacement bulb kit
* First Aid Kit
* A fire extinguisher
* Two reflective jackets
" a car has 3 identities":
* holder of insurance
#VOCAB - Vocabulary list / TERMS
(spanish english french slovenian slovenian-jargon)
* wheel hub
* "os" , "polosi"
* used for example on brake pipes:
RHD = right hand drive
LHD = left hand drives
* "pakne" na bremzah ... discs?
* "SEMERING" or "OLJNA TESNILA" or ... LOCK WASHER ???
CHANGE says slo LT consultant !
BRAKE CALIPER == "zavorne čeljusti"
"Most vehicles have two brake pads per caliper"
BRAKE PAD == BRAKE SHOE ??
"The main difference between brake pads and shoes is their position.
Shoes are designed to fit inside drum-style brakes;
Brake shoes are places on top of disc brakes and are designed to pressurize the discs when you apply the brakes."
"zunanji klinasti jermen"
(blizu semeringov lol)
RUST WORK RESOURCES
* uses a 1300W "heavy duty polisher" : https://www.amazon.com/Neiko-10671A-Electric-Polisher-Variable/dp/B006E5QKZE/ref=as_li_ss_tl?s=power-hand-tools&ie=UTF8&qid=1509177450&sr=1-7&keywords=polisher&linkCode=sl1&tag=3m0d-20&linkId=005906c55cc362e879727ebfbd56750a
* and synthetic paint and rust remover : https://www.amazon.com/3M-03171-Paint-Rust-Stripper/dp/B000W9XYDO/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1510334266&sr=8-1&keywords=3m+rust+stripper&linkCode=sl1&tag=chri0e2-20&linkId=d043fc61171df978e3995f2eaff92fe1
"what to buy"
fiberglass VS fiberglass filler ("putty reinforced with glass fibers")
Bondo, body filler, "body putty"
* sandable after 15min
* paintable after 25min
* "best car body filler" (US list) : https://carcaretotal.com/best-car-body-fillers/
Rust converter/reformer VS rust remover
* converts rust into an inert black finish
* can be painted over
* ideal for larger objects (fence, car frames...)
* applied by brush, roller or paint sprayer
* must be applied to metal only, may affect paint adhesion (use masking tape)
* removes surface rust
* reveals bare metal
* ideal for smaller objects (hand tools, small parts...)
* parts have to be submerged into liquid
* how to apply rust converter
applying with paint brush requires 2 coats
@Ferreteria Oxy...no "1 to 3 coats with intervals of 3h"
(spray on version == 3coats | aerosol version == 4 coats)
* rust reformer vs primer etch
use metal brush + air compressor + masking tape
dry over 24h ???
not obvious from the video but:
* primer etch will just cover the rust without stopping it
* while rust reformer will structurally stop rust form expanding
* use "rust reformer" (aka rust converter ?)
use metal brush to remove superficial rust
wipe clean with methylated spirits
spray rust reformer
apply any paint coat over it
What is etch primer?
* Will Self etching primer stop rust?
"" After you remove the rust scales from the metal on your car, you need to apply self etching primer.
The way it works is that the acid forces the zinc into the top of the metal.
It's purely a surface coating, and it doesn't stop the rust. It does, however, prevent the rust problem from worsening. ""
PRIMER TYPES !!!
a) epoxy primer:
"THE ONLY PRIMER YOU CAN PUT BODY FILLER ON TOP OF"
"Have 72 hours to get back and spray base coat / surfacer / whatever on it"
good to prevent corrosion
[via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNYOhCBZH4g 6:45]
* is more of a SEALER
* non-sandable ... you can do it with a direct-action with 180 to prepare it
b) self-etching primer (in aerosol spray cans):
"has acid in it, might lift, not compatible with everything"
also good to prevent corrosion
c) "regular" primer surfacer:
DO NOT PUT DIRECT TO STEEL - as "it does not have anti-corrosive properties"
can be sanded
can be put on top of epoxy (???) ~4:10
d) DTM ("direct-to-metal") primer:
can be sanded
and covered with primer surfacer
MORE ON PRIMERS : https://www.todayshomeowner.com/homeowners-guide-paint-primer/
* confusion between sealer and adhesion primer...
* self etching primer to use on bare metal
* which primer to choose? explanatory list
* urethane primer does not prevent rust == AVOID !!!
Primer we have from shop == self-etching primer in spray can
http://www.kendafarben.com/note-tecniche.asp <- 4 primer data sheets, not sure which one...
has "acid" in it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methyl_acetate
Paint and Coating
A) urethane / "polyurethane"
* chemical composition of "acrylics"
*** BUYING NOW [#TOBUY]
* buy something simple + START WORKING!
* ask what friends already have + TRY TO BORROW
LAST CHECKED / OVERVIEW 20190225
* Sheets of sandpaper:
in 40, 120, and 400, 600, ?, 1000, 1500, 2000 grit
"150/180 for finishing"
Which one to use, so it won't break so much?
* Sanding block ?
* LIGHT PUTTY ("EXTENDER")
* FIBERGLASS PUTTY
* spatulas x 2:
as "Body filler applicator"
* metal sheet (for welding / cementing?):
* 0.7 / 0.8mm
* zinc plated perhaps (if not too expensive)
* "just for trying" (maybe can get free)
* metric screw stuff:
~maybe 2 cm, ø2mm or something
and fitting washers (maybe 2 sizes if possible/sensible?)
and screw nuts
(SECONDRY) nut-driver ... ideally set (in the future)
* white spray primer (fundacion)
* white spray paint (blanco mate)
* Chrome Silver Spray Paint
* strong flat screw driver
Primary // NOW
<pau: edited 20190223
* A small tin of derusting / degrease / dewax (remover/solvent)
* 50mm-wide masking tape
* Masking paper / plastic / newspaper):
a) Angle grinder / RAMOLADORA -- or electric drill:
multi-use : for cutting AND polishing
b) orbital sander / "rotary polish" / LIJADORA ORBITAL:
FOR STRIPPING PAINT/RUST and CEMENT POLISH
c) belt sander / line sander
* Wire wheel, or wire cup, or flap disc // "DISC FOR GRINDING"
maybe not for now...
* Auto body filler:
* fibra vidrica (with glass fibers)
A) krafft Fibra de Vidrio / Masilla de relleno : Massa Fibra de Vidrio / Fiberglass mastic / Mastic Fibre:
WITH FIBRA !
"FILLER PUTTY" / "BONDO"
B) roberlo MULTIEXTENDER "universal light polyester putty" (putty / masilla / mastic / spachtel):
* Rust converter
"" A rust converter is a special phosphoric blend that takes the iron oxide (rust) and converts it into a ferric phosphate. ...
Though a rust converter can also be a regulated product, rust removers are more of a concentrated acid. This way of rust removal can be pretty time consuming. ""
seen @Ferreteria: "rust transformer" from oxi...no
"consider a gel formula on vertical surface to decrease runoff" !!!
* DINITROL (derusting / "rust inhibitor")
* Rust remover ???
(sinking the whole thing into it)
* "Filler Primer" ?
* Paint brush (for oxide)
* safety goggles (protective glasses) +1
* dust masks x5
* CHEMICAL MASKS !!!!!!
* simple disposable gloves
* black nitrile gloves
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrile_rubber (industrial quality)
* MORE GLOVES
(pau = size M or 7)
* Expanding foam
* silver spray
(got a satin and a chrome)
* SOMETHING FOR CLEANING COCHE (GRASSA, ETC) :
* methylated spirit
* "chamois skin" // "bayeta gamuza":
* microfiber fabrics
* "non-petroleum based" solvent:
"Use non-petroleum based solvent like:
butanone / methyl ethyl ketone (my favorite because it doesn't "eat paint" and I bought a bunch of cans at a warehouse store really cheap a few years ago, but I'm told that it is a known carcinogen),
acetone (be careful with this stuff, it eats paint and plastic and may even erode the treated rust),
prep-sol or any pre-paint solvent,
or in a real pinch a 90% rubbing alcohol would be better than nothing (ETHANOL)"
* Epoxy Primer in spray
* White primer
* White spray Paint (Satinado and Mate)
* more fiber glass "paper" (3m)
* Spatula 30mm
* more more more sand paper (red seems stronger)
ask specifications, uses and differences between blue and red
(OLD) Basic tools
I - needed:
* drill sander head
II - general stuff:
* vacuum cleaner, possibly on 12V
II - realistic wishes:
* 18V drill / general tool?
<--- check +kos !!!
* compressor + paint gun [95€ used]
* metal saw (for cutting metal):
* blade ?
* circular saw
* hand saw ?
* welding equipment
III - wishes:
* grinder FOR HEAVY STRIPPING
* portable grit blaster / sand blaster / spot blaster (sanding):
"I have a 3 1/2 hp compressor and a "blast out of a bucket" blasting gun that you can get for about $25. I use "Black Beauty" (silicon carbide, "black sand") blasting abrasive that I can buy locally for $9 for a 100 lb. bag! (Eastwood sells it- 50lbs for $80 plus shipping, go figure)."
III - advanced VW tools
via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2vbdqTRF6A :
* "triple squares*
* Torx : T20, T25, T30, T45
* allen tools: 4, 5!, 6!, 7, 8, 10
* hose clamp pliers
* (battery power) heat gun (for shrinks)
* clamp crimper
* plastic "trim tools" (remove plastic) / "bone tools"
* ratcheting wrenches (13, 15mm, ...)
(We already have)
* wire brush
* basic antirust:
some putty, antirust spray, foundation paint spray
* WHITE FOUNDATION (spray)
* WHITE PAINT (spray)
* 10% antifreeze
II - @gas station / @gasolinera:
* gasoline for generator
* break fluid DOT4
* stronger than 10% antifreeze ?
* break cleaner ?
* "Black asphalt fibered roof tar" ? (via http://www.thebugshop.org/bsfqrust.htm)
* RIVETING [slo: "kovičenje"], like +dushan did
* DUCT TAPES:
different colors for fucking around / deco / rust coverage?
20190218 | ANOTHER LIST
REALLY TRY TO GET THIS:
* "patafix" style glue (like chewing gume ... como chigle)
* Metal scissors
* more sand paper !!!
* expanding foam ?
* thin metal sheets (0.5mm for example)
* rail type thing for top of van?:
Other to find / #tobuy:
* some material (metal) that keeps shape when bent:
* Cleaning product for car !!!
* shitty wood board
* aluminium tape ?
* Bigger plyers "snips"
We have 20190218:
* quick glue <- not tried
* 9V battery
To Find @MB1:
* Hot air gun ???
* Plastic mesh <- where is it ???
* Expanding foam ???
+kos tools borrowed:
* metal mesh
* "total tech" glue
* derusting drill head & driller
* electric saw
* cutting plyer
* x2 larger dremel cutting head
* some screws
* flat screwdriver (bent)
* angle plyer
* few zip ties
Secondary and Unsorted // CONSIDER
* Evapo-Rust looks impressive:
https://www.amazon.com/Evapo-Rust-Remover-Removes-Stains-Surfaces/dp/B0762WZDP7 GEL for vertical surfaces !
* Paint remover
* A couple of cans of ETCH PRIMER:
single pack metal primers formulated with a combination of resins to maximise adhesion to the various metal surfaces
A low level of phosphoric acid is present in these primers to etch the metal surface and improve adhesion.
* protects from corrosion
* doesn't stop rust
* to apply on bare metal before paint
SO we have 1 white
Plan to spend about $100 on supplies like:
and poly sheeting,
a tack rag,
polishing compound and touch-up paint
and clear coat.
* WRENCH SET !:
* spanners: "normal" hand-held
* socket wrench set + extensions 6sides
* adjustable spanner
* HYDROMETER (for checking lead-acid batteries)
* EPSOM SALT (for fixing batteries)
<-------------------------- (new) BUYING 20190215
(Basic Tools Fragment from Pau)
* ratchet wrench (6 sides):
!!! don't : 12 sides break bolt heads
* not available cheap
* as a box is the best option
* please take quality, it breaks easily if you force with hammer
* impact screwdriver (tournevis à percussion)
* perfect for worn screws that are super screwed
* prevents breaking them
* Adjustable rench (Clé à molette), plyers
* torx keys
* (needed on Sprinter break pads)
* made of Inox CHROME VANADIUM = quality
* brands :
Magnusson (Brico Dépôt), Dexter (Leroy Merlin), Norauto (la gamme pro), Stanley, Bost, Facom, KS Tools, Knipex, Wiha, Beta, Sam, Unior SLOVENIA
*** "FULL PROCESS"
spray primering and painting basics !
get to the van
find 4x4m tarp
kick out all the really bad rust <-- SCREWDRIVER, HAMMER
wash the whole van (of sand, rust leaks) <-- SPONGE, RAGS, DETERGENT
first attack on rust <-- METAL BRUSH
degrease <-- WD40
sand rust parts to the bare metal <-- ELECTRIC SANDER AND BLOCKS
mask <-- MASKING TAPE and PLASTIC SHEET (or paper)
apply rust converter <-- OXY NO
sand around with 1200 grit to prepare for primer ???
apply first primer <-- EPOXY PRIMER IN SPRAY
three of white acrylic primer !!!:
wait 15 minutes between coats
SCUFFING ?????? (CHECK LABEL!!!!!!)
* you have only a 3-day window to paint on it ???
* otherwise: SCUFF (scratch ~320 grit / wet 220 grit) + ANOTHER LAYER
mp170 states after their epoxy has sat more then 3 days it should be scuffed and reapplied, so I'd apply another coat over everything to be safe and adhere to the recommendations of the manufacturer, never mind rereading looks like that was your plan anyways
ON THE OTHER HAND:
"I don't suggest sanding epoxy primers including PPG or Omni epoxy's. They are NONE SANDING primers. They sand like bubble gum and clog paper and scuff pads. You should spray your epoxy then cover with a sandable primer filler."
A) fibra mastica
B) fibra vidrico
Painting / "Topcoating"
PREPARE FOR PAINT:
* 600 grit on epoxy:
"Then I would sand that primer to a 600 grit finish before topcoating."
SPRAY CAN (AEROSOL) PAINT:
* use "primer" ("IMPRIMACION"? "FUNDACION"?) first:
spray 20-30cm away
overlap 50% on each sweep [via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdQGOt1ByeI]
* wait 1-5 minutes between coats ["FLASH TIME"]
* apply 2??? coats
* then wait ?
* then apply ? coats for BLANCO MATE
* there's different primers ! self-etch will stick best to bare metal:
[esp: cartilla de auto grabado]
??? sand a little bit
buff the car
coat with wax
WAIT 30 DAYS BEFORE WAXING:
STEP BY STEP: State #3 == holes #process
* destroy rust with screwdriver
* derust with metal brush
* sand with different grids
* oxino and/or epoxy primer
* fill with blue foam "iso"
* add mesh on top
* cement with fibra
* sand (eventually repeat with cement)
* primer paint (repeat)
* light sand 1000
*** QQQ !!!???
? How to cover bigger holes?
ie for "Ghetto hole filling #3"
A) bond beer can (alu) with putty
B) alu mesh sheet and putty:
"stucco" mesh style
C) Blue foam !!!
D) plastic /wood/ vinyl...
? What happens if you only use a primer
(like I did with the gray one...)
Did it rust because of this?
? Fibra de Vidrio is "WITH" fibre glass. How to work directly with fibre glass?
? Can you put putty direct on metal?
Metal - Putty - Primer
Metal - Primer - Putty - Primer
? MECHANICS -- how do we negotiate the costs
It's a bit tricky, as the car doesn't move ...
What's a normal price per hour?
How to negotiate prices, in advance?
Judging by documents:
Seems they charge 20-30€ per hour
And do not make a lot of hours!
? MECHANICS -- CAN WE LEAVE TRUCKO AT THE REPAIR SHOP, WHILE PARTS ARE ON THE WAY
This would be great.
Before brakes, it cannot move by itself ;)
But hand brake ("freno de mano") is easy to install - just one cable!
¤ also see other points mentioned by my brother and written on 🔗van-EU𝌡:
* see &hypo comments
* please answer questions if you know
? What to do with stuff /cargo? #QQQ
* stuff we took out
? RUSTWORK -- How powerful tools do we need?
(Is the Radial 900W good for the work we want ??? I guess so.)
BUT generator gives max 720W, usual 650W...
? RUSTWORK -- How to work with Acrilico / Acrylic spray paints ... What is the "Imprimacion"
* Imprimacion == "AEROSOL PRIMER" ?
* Por 15 Cartilla de Autograbado == "Por 15 self-etching primer" ... like here https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.co/MCO-466366559-por-15-41018-cartilla-de-autograbado-15-fl-onz-_JM?quantity=1
? WHICH PAINT IS OK FOR ROLLING? What's the whole setup? !!!
? basic book on 1980s cars
? how many Km do we have
??? approx 2013 @ 308km
trend was ???
so now approx ??
MERGE, ABOVE IN DOCS IS ESTIMATION !
? TIMING BELT SERVICE
ESP: CORREA DE DISTRIBUCIÓN // DE: ??? // SLO: ?? #vocab
________________________ via docs
20050627 @ leonides
264005km : TIMING BELT CHANGE INDICATED
------ 6,5 y ... 30k km ... 5k km / year
20111228 @ leonides
-------- 1.3y ... don't know when it stopped ... 8000km ..... 5k km / year
ITV 20130221 "FAVORABLE CON DEFECTOS LEVES"
-------- 3.5y before selling ... @5k km / y
... timing belt has 50,60k km
QUESTIONS FOR >DUSHAN !
* timing belt: was it changed? how so cheap?:
Does not know
He did it on his current camper for 400€
* where are the old ITV slips?
* are there bills missing?
* explain Clavijo & Arrecife ITV situation again:
Clavijo might not take the vehicle
They're a bit expensive but good
Reccomends LAMAS or VIAJAR
* steering elements change ever?
? SPRAY PAINT: USE AND CARE
* how long do you really need to shake a spray can?
* test: https://woodworkingformeremortals.com/how-long-do-you-really-need-to-shake-spray-paint/
5 sec seems to already give satisfying results!
* be serious:
* SHAKE 1 MINUTE BEFORE USE
SHAKE REGULARLY DURING USE
* USE THE CAN UPRIGHT
SHORT AND FREQUENT SPRAYS (not a long press)
* PRESS WITH CAN UPSIDE DOWN TO EMPTY PAINT WHEN FINISHING A SESSION
CLEAN / CARE
* spray upside down after each use (ACTION) and before storing
* unclog with needle and paint thinner
? HOW TO WASH THE CAR
* first use water to rinse from dust and debris
* work one section at a time (clean, rinse)
* start at the top
* move the sponge lenghtwise
* let the car air dry
* use towels (leave scratches)
* move the sponge in circles (traces and visible scratches)
* use shampoo or hair conditioner !
and baking soda https://lifehacker.com/use-shampoo-baking-soda-and-water-to-fully-clean-your-5798940
* large natural sponge
don't move it in circles! but lengthwise...
* an extra sponge for the wheels
with a strong wheel detergent ("not for new cars")
* three buckets technique:
* soapy one,
* clear water one,
* wheels and tires extra one
WHAT IS IN CAR DETERGENT ???
Did we fuck up the paint with cleaning +thiner ???
Do we need to open the side door ?
<-------------------------------- #2 (new) : ÷OPEN QUESTIONS
*** TODOS / DOING (NOW) [Updated 2019-02-16]
* 🔗trucko𝌡 & this page
* insurance !
* Call & negotiate mechanics !!!
* search for a Grua deal:
(find existing numbers)
* shop for needed things @tinajo:
SEE ABOVE !!!
* Ready Trucko for workshop:
* Weekend of 20190216 is sunny !
* clean the outside (wipe perfectly) & inside
* "2 days to work on body"
* make a removable seat
go to @Arrecife DFT
there is a blue-silver van (Iveco)
<- a reference for BAD bodywork condition !
talk to Teguise Market african people:
* bodywork tips
* want to buy the van? (old Dushan's idea)
* go to "Desguace" next to Ikea and check it out
* go to Megacentro "Tegatron" for the tool ("grinder") <angel
get +kos insurance contacts !!!
<-------------------------------- #3 (new) : TODOS
RUSTWORK -- DOING
Notes taken on 20190216 @night
Edited on 20190218
* Last hour = primer white and that's it.
Check HOW TO:
* Sand epoxy primer
<- with a very fine sanding paper ? 180 or 220 grits
* use a guide coat on top of the primer... (on a surf https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0ta2houygU )
* or as in http://autobodystore.com/forum/showthread.php?8609-Sanding-epoxy-primer
"" don't pay too much attention to epoxy recoat window times.
There are a lot of variables involved in the companies coming up with their recoat window time.
put a little thinner or urethane reducer on a rag and rub it across an area of the epoxy primer.
If the primer transfers to the thinner/reducer rag then I will spray over the primer without sanding.
My reasoning is if the thinner/reducer eats into the epoxy primer then the reducers in the primer applied over that epoxy will also eat into that epoxy causing a chemical bond.
If the thinner/reducer rag does not have any epoxy primer transfered to it then the epoxy is "cured" and needs to be sanded.
Also at that point the epoxy will not plug up the sandpaper anymore either. ""
* Screw into metal:
* Use a cold chisel to get any screw out of metal:
* USE POP RIVETS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuJqCtSrad0 <- todo
(whatever the fuck this is)
* Gonzalo for tools and time
* Darren: write a message, ask for metal tools and aluminium ?
* D's uncle: heat up alu can
* why did we fuck up timing?
* We did underestimate the threat of moving it.
* sell the engine and take trucko to the "guagua"
and he buys you a new one
* sell the land for three ferrets or one hawk
(Site generated by E2H, an "Etherpad hypermedia" project by @dcht00).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.