"Postmarket" / "Postbourgeois" / "Strategic Absolute Mutualism"
"We are comrades when we face the same dangers." (Platonov)
→ 🔗postmarket-trail !
Table of Contents
|2.1||* Necessity of absolute redistribution|
|2.2||* The shared struggle|
|2.3||* The mechanisms:|
|2.3.1||* Recognition of other comrades|
|2.3.2||* General list of basic resources|
|2.3.3||* A way of provisioning resources|
|3.1||* Announce your implementation|
|3.2||* Quit personal finance !|
|3.2.1||* Holdings (+)|
|3.2.2||* Existing dues (-)|
|3.3||* Quit rent !|
|3.4||* Commonize all material stuff !|
|3.5||* Quit your job!|
|3.6||* Augment ! Support !|
* Necessity of absolute redistribution
Recognizing somebody is contributing to the shared struggle, makes it shared interest for them to have the resources to subsist and be effective.
Resources in capitalist economies are acquired via a history of expropriation and exploitation (in the forms of either heritage, profits, wage labour, etc.), flowed based on individual whim (shaped by systemic coercion by marketing and pop culture, resulting in arbitrary "consumer choices"), and then finally, become "personal property".
This all is deemed completely illegitimate. Thus optimally, all resources between comrades need to be redistributed on new grounds, by new mechanisms.
* The shared struggle
Capitalism kills natures and cultures.
Stop ecocide - the anthropogenic destruction of nature.
Stop culturocide - the reproduction of wars, chauvinism, racism, sexism, economic exploitation and artificial scarcity, global inequality, deprivation of freedoms, plutocratic media and attention domineering, bullshit incentivization and norms, etc.
* The mechanisms:
* Recognition of other comrades
* Stated alignment: Observe clear pronouncement of shared struggle, and determination to pursue it.
* Merit: Historic, present and planned congruence of contributions with the shared struggle. Doing work that checks off actual parts of an increasingly explicated scheme, moving towards goals.
* Common-sense: Actually, it's quite easy to recognize comrades!
Dissimilar to communities, and more similar to the current social welfare system:
As a fully protocolised infrastructure, the conspiracy does not need to be a "tight-knit group", and has little to no organisational necessity for comrades to "get along" or to "trust eachother". It is in effect, a redistributive mechanism.
* General list of basic resources
In practice, this settles the definition of the basics, and the current common ability to provide for specific and occasional needs.
Also see the "Universal Base Outcome" essay - last paragraph here.
* A way of provisioning resources
* All regularly maintain personal resource sheets, consisting of:
* a list of (+) holdings
* a list of (-) expenses, with assigned priorities
* a set of suggested incoming & outgoing Conspiracy transactions
* The monthly council:
* consists of all willing to participate
* has basically no specifically virtuos or deliberative work to do - basically, bureocracy
* (increasingly automatic) iterates all expenses, and acts to confirm priorities
* asks for clarifications and reporting to guide development, and examines previous responses
* (increasingly automatic) collates, sums, and prepares a final list of transactions to & from parties
Less basic things follow as common wealth increases.
All outbound expenses are listed, and categorized.
Some of it in practice:
* everyone gets "bailed out" of urgent matters when associating (initial disclosure of Primary needs)
* effectively, net financial contributors will have less available cash
* ... but that does not mean they have less access to goods or services, because of the synergistic effects of the conspiracy (sharing holdings, optimizing supply chains, etc)
* all have access to strategic investment capital
* Primary expenses include a "golden parachute" - 2 months of personal costs, to warrant against the case of catastrophic infrastructural collapse
* To save an additional step, and also defuse the need for trust in an intermediary, internal transactions (Equilibrating Transfers) go directly between parties - as opposed to if there was a central account that would first receive, and then redistribute funds.
* (The council only prepares an instruction set of these financial transactions, that is then executed by net contributors).
* In addition, this means net contributors keep a de-facto final control over actually executing each individual transaction.
This is where you actually start. If needed, ask for examples.
* Announce your implementation
Mail → email@example.com .
* Quit personal finance !
Dissolve all personal dealing with money, by writing down ...
* Holdings (+)
* regular, and average irregular pay (by what work? status, plans?)
* regular received support (average)
* bank account(s) and savings
* overdraft and credit possibility (on account, credit cards, ...)
* crypto currencies
* other financial instruments (stocks, bonds, etc.)
* outstanding loans
* entity ownership (equity/stock/shares - controlling? voting/non-voting?)
* less-structured project financial participation
* Material property:
* real-estate (land, housing, etc.)
* stuff (tools, equipment, vehicles, etc.) - also called "personal property" or "moveable property"
* potential future inheritance
* Intellectual and intangible property:
(non-transferred results of artistic, creative, innovation work; copyrights, patents, TMs, utility models, ...)
* Existing dues (-)
* Current life costs (ties to 🔗subfinance):
* utilities & basic services
* lifestyle costs (food, culture, etc)
* Property related costs:
* Outstanding debts, with clear categorization (priority, ...)
* Dependent persons (children, elders, ...)
* Quit rent !
Reconsider your living situation.
Reorganize access to & use of all real estate (land, house, flat, etc).
QUIT or SHARE all rents!
→ QUIT !
Join an existing mutualized location, or, become fully nomadic, using a network of mutualized spaces.
→ SHARE !
Re-organize your current rented space to mutualize it. See 🔗hackbases!
SHARE or DISSOLVE owned real estate!
→ SHARE !
Mutualize all spaces. This includes guardianship, labour and financial investment, etc.
→ DISSOLVE !
Sell. Put liquid capital to common use. Move to an existing location.
* Commonize all material stuff !
The concrete mechanics of commonization (= mutualization, redistribution, etc) are described in more details elsewhere.
This relates to 🔗stuff (example mutualized stock), 🔗vaults (a new practice of sharing space and dissolving ownership), etc.
* Quit your job!
How do you currently work for money? Think about work in the future, as a conspirator.
Either QUIT or KEEP your job:
A) Well-paid job in current system [ > 5 PPPM ]:
A net financial contributor.
Wage subverter, an expropriator of expropriators.
B) Job in aligned organisations**:
B1) Better paid [ > 3 PPPM ]
B2) Worse paid & more aligned [ < 2 PPPM ]
C) Work without financial compensation [ < 0.5 PPPM ]:
You are recognised to contribute full-time & high impact.
You are broke.
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
** Some aligned organsations:
* Augment ! Support !
AUGMENT MUTUAL ABILITIES !
Take advantage of access to new common infrastructure.
An international set of living and work spaces, institutions, tools and methods are available to all.
SUPPORT SHARED STRUGGLE !
(Site generated by E2H, an "Etherpad hypermedia" project by @dcht00).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.