Coming to the base
20210513 overviewed, new layout
Table of Contents
SOME GENERAL GUIDES
Prepare for living outdoors & camping weather
* sometimes 14°C in the night, but not really less.
1) not the worst sleeping bag (synthetics ~600-800g for <50€ are fine)
2) non-cotton warm night clothes (like synthetic leggings)
* strong winds often. (synthetic/mountain style) light windstoppers work well.
* bring a headlamp (suggested: with rechargeable batteries, or via USB)
Setting plans during camps
* read & contribute to the next subseason plan:
discuss any big direction ideas with others before the start of camp
* always have something to do you can easily get to/from, when waiting: 
(example: a book you can just pull out and continue for 5 minutes)
* influence the plans actively
* long-lasting laptop battery recommended (bring spares, if possible)
* your stuff might fail - have spares & think it through
* be prepared to also use other computers and devices
This covers all life costs.
It is not a price! You are covering personal costs (→food, consumables, maintenance/repairs budget) and contributing to the investment budget (→the infrastructure commons).
A) GENERAL: ~ 15€/day | 450€/month
B) YOU HAVE WORK: ~ 20€/day | 600€/month
C) YOU ARE BROKE: ~ 8€/day | 240€/month
For new residents there is a 🔗membership.
This does not cover personal extras (booze, cigarettes, idiosyncratic expensive food...), budget for that separate if you want.
More optional details → 🔗subfinance
* Arrange travels and membership
* Add your availability:
under http://totalism.org/planning !
* Contribute to the subseason pad:
(ideas about activities, projects, ...)
* Can you accept postal packages at your home address?
Coordinate with CHT to see what you could buy and bring over.
(Especially if coming from DE & UK - cheap shops and shipping.)
* Get a flight/boat
* Fix your 🔗membership dues:
Pay in advance, OR immediately when you reach the base.
See 🔗donate for payment methods, ask firstname.lastname@example.org
* Make your "Crew Survey" pad
Thinking & writing down the answers to these basic questions in advance turned out to be a good idea with previous crews.
* Create a Crew Survey pad: !
Do it here.
Name the pad like "subseason prefix-your name" like "cht7a-david".
The answers are not seen by anyone that does not have the link.
If you prefer however, you can also send the answers by email.
* Copy the questions from below to the pad !
1) YOUR FOCUS
1.1) Pick 5: Which projects from the documented on 🔗projects seem most interesting to you, and you want to contribute to? !
1.2) Document 1 new project idea. 
1.3) What are your specific interests and expectations? 
2) YOUR CREW BIO
2.1) What do you, or can you do? Link to a website or something like a CV if you have one. !
2.2) What would you like to learn at the base? 
2.3) Can you & do you want to drive cars? !
2.4) Flexible diet...? -or- any dietary decisions/preferences/allergies/necessities? ("non-omnivore"?) 
2.5) Flexible sleeping rhythm...? -or- strong personal sleeping habits / day flow expectations? ("morning person" or "night owl"?) 
2.6) Any health specifics or issues: allergies, recent injuries ("broken leg still not fully recovered..."), neurospecificity (dyslexia, ADHD, ...), chances of critical states (like: extreme allergies / anaphylactic shock, epilepsy, severe depression, ...), ... 
3) YOUR FINANCIALS
3) What is your budget to cover your costs & contribute to the base?: !
* Assemble & pack what you need
__________ BRING PERSONAL
(CHT has some reserves of this, sometimes ready to use. Ask in advance.)
MUST BRING: !
* Sleeping bag with 10-15°C comfort (8°C between Jan-April, if we will do mountains)
* Warm sleeping clothes (for winter season)
* Windstopper type jacket (except summer)
* Walking shoes
* Cash (ATMs can be hard to access)
* Two pairs of sun glasses - you will probably loose one pair ;-)
* Tiny towel - or you can also use a clean t-shirt !
PERSONAL NOT NECESSARY:
* Tents (have plenty)
__________ BRING FOR THE SPACE
WHAT CAN YOU BRING ...
* ... That you could leave here? !
* ... That you need to take back, but will be interesting or useful?
* Help with researching and buying stuff we need @ 🔗ordering 
* Bring your media collection (music, film, e-books) !
* Bring stickers and memorabilia
* Try bringing something typical (→🔗resources-ship)
* Visit your local hackerspace and try finding equipment donations:
(Consult us about larger transports.)
* Prepare for collaborative work
* See 🔗workflow:
* Backup your data!:
* Install basic Mobile apps:
* Telegram !
* OsmAnd (free software offline maps) !
* Join chat group:
* → Telegram group !
* Prepare for navigation with maps:
* In OsmAnd mobile app:
* Load "Canary Islands" map files !
* In 🔗maps:
* Explore the relevent Canary Islands maps 
* Import and explore all Canary Islands .GPX markers to OsmAnd 
* Check out the other maps. If there is a map for your city, explore and upgrade it.
* Read the basics !
For conceptual + operational understanding.
* Read the main site as a "manifesto" !
* Read current subseason pad !
* Review current projects !
* 🔗stuff — the common equipment
* 🔗what — "What is CHT, in a nutshell? What are you building to disrupt the system & the economy as a whole?""
* 🔗goals — conceptuals / manifesto
* 🔗commonground — conceptuals / manifesto
* 🔗faq — some frequently asked questions
* 🔗systematics — index of compiled lists on various relevant topics
→ 🔗alike, 🔗maps, 🔗calendar, 🔗non-shitty.
* 🔗protocols — index of protocols, to co-ordinate project activity
YOU ARE HERE
(ON ARRIVAL !)
* Set time zone on all your devices !
* Connect to CHT's Wi-Fi network !
* Member yet? !
* Consolidate your personal work & ideas
* Check current projects: 🔗projects !
* Develop and document the base & surroundings
* Take photographs and videos !
* Write new & overview existing documentation pads!
* Share writing and archives
* Share your past work
* Share your media collections !
* Do your part of routine labour
→ 🔗roles !
→ 🔗crew-labour !
The roles are regularly cycled:
to share work fairly
to develop new competences
to optimize the daily reproductive labour & document new ideas
* Sync data (especially photos!)
See 🔗media !
* Fix financials
* Calculate with Treasurer:
(-) Crew expenses you already covered (=bills in shops)
(+) Your minimum daily contributions (see above!)
(+) Extra donation for new investments at will
== Balance !
* Settle accounts:
* Send any remaining photo/video material
Consult 🔗media !
* Write personal debrief
Your report / reflections in the first 1-2 weeks after.
Write by mail, or on a pad.
* Plan to come back, or collaborate remotely
→ Continue 🔗planning
(Site generated by E2H, an "Etherpad hypermedia" project by @dcht00).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.