< PRE-DRAFT+ >
Stuff needs to get ordered via the different ordering levels, defined per 🔗ordering.
20200821 draft in day call
20200901 moved here
20200918 MO some stuff, overview maybe
Table of Contents
* Have common accounts OR share login of existing ones
What is the best place to share login of accounts?
Using → XXX🔗passwords
We need this too:
* checking and confirming current shopping cart?
* autonomously making orders
* residents should be able to add stuff there
* or "take the bill"
* ... so some sort of a "common shopping" should be considered
* Add item + Give priority opinion
If you're just adding items LEAVE THIS EMPTY or MAKE AN OPINION ENTRY, like this:
"[L:!!] some random entry"
* Review + Decide on priority
At this point, it can also be decided it's a "@" (buy local).
The priority is finalized by +Keeper:
* via lived experience
* via 🔗tech-tree (infrastructure development) focal points
* in consultation with all expressed opinions
* lastly, irrefutability as per GODLY MANDATE
* Research & Define attributes & Find candidates
aka "comparable competing products"
Always have 2-3 alternatives.
* Review candidates + Make a choice
* can this be bought local?
* can it be bought second hand?
* Decide on quantity
* if something costs 50 cents, get 3 of them:
you might fuck one up while testing
it might work great:
and now you only have 1
... and then it might fail
* if it is interesting for #lim0, get 3 of them
* ask other people around you as well:
(and along all the stops on the distribution way)
* Add to shared shopping cart
* if unsure, add several candidates:
MAKE THIS CLEAR IN PROVISIONING ENTRY FOR THAT CART IN PROGRESS
* find & justify (in the pad, maybe 🔗markets) why you picked a specific shop:
* packing together several items (bundle shipping costs!)
* [...] !!!
* CONFIRM ORDERS BEFORE MAKING THEM
Communicate a deadline / add review urgency!
* maybe some more stuff needs to be ordered from the same shop?:
* maybe these are wrong products?
* maybe rethink quantity?
* check shop reputation + reassurances
* Make the order
* Send order confirmations
* send confirmations to email:
with "(CHT ORDER)" in title
* maybe some screenshots to telegram groups?
* if you didn't already share login info, do so now!
* Picking up (used) goods
* are the goods in advertised shape?
* do they work?
* are they incredibly grimey or stinky?
* is a second-hand sales "return warranty" recognized, if anything goes wrong:
(### I believe this is an EU law, but not need to check)
* always try to get the price lower:
"what do you think about X?"
* especiallly if there is anything you have noticed:
(that's not a deal braker, but bad)
* try to get extra stuff:
"do you have a bag for this laptop?"
"does the camera come with an SD card?"
"does the guitar come with a strap?"
* Goods delivered
* unpack + check if it works
* take a photo
* clean (pre-used items):
use disposable paper + alcohol or a tiny bit of slightly soapy water
(check it's applicable to what you are using)
ties to the mima protocol on this !!
* Check + Manage returns
* Manage repairs under warranty
Also see XXX🔗warranties.
FAIL: the "1 of all" chinese order (wrong quantity + unverified)
should have ordered more
FAIL: the "Greencell" order (expensive + low quality + unneeded)
42€ for a ripoff 9-cell battery
shouldn't have been order in the first place
was closing tabs, and entered
"greencell 6600mah x220". can you please
1) try to do the same and tell me the price you find
2) tell me the price difference
3) tell me if you think something should be changed, and how you can modify the ordering protocol so that you would do it better
1. entered "greencell 6600mah x220", this leads to the official greencell website with an older version of the same battery I bought,
the older version is indeed cheaper, but is also made with inferior materials, the cells are of a lesser quality and it is compatible with less models
2. the pricedifference is -1€ less on the official website, but also it would've taken more days to arrive then where I ordered from "123waldo"
3. I don't think anything should be changed with current order
the ordering protocol should extend the "always have 2-3 alternatives" with "- and look for them by entering different search terms.
e.g.: if you look for "lenovo 9cell battery" and found the greencell model, you should also enter eg "greencell 6600mah x220""
(More historic problematic situations !)
* X says will wire cash for doing orders ... everything is prepared ... then doesn't
* X says will come and bring stuff ... then not sure and doesn't buy flight until too late
* X orders "free tent" by herself ... but only one and no free unicorn costume ... and pays shipping ... and it is a scam
* X ordered from somewhere, but doesn't know from where:
SEND ORDER CONFIRMATIONS TO COMMON ADDRESS
* X has a complaint about purchase, but as didn't care about the guarantee certifications, the item didn't arrive, now needs to try to get her money back ... but doesn't really bother to try to do it properly:
ORDER FROM TRUSTED SOURCES
DEVELOP PROBLEM MANAGING PROCESSES
ASSIGN AND OVERSEE TASKS
* X says will make a choice about item they deem urgent ... then doesn't:
A) designate "KINDA OK" for some items - better than ordering imperfect! (REMEMBER - SATISFICING)
(role) "ordering lead"
leads orders, confirms final decisions
shipping place in Europe (to collect + redeliver)
shipping place in Lanza
primary / #buynow
we need this before the next subseason
buy even if perceived worse price, etc
*** MERGING IN !!!!!!
Ordering basic rules
* writing info:
* always find several options
* always include LINK and ROUNDED PRICE
* we will have to decide whether to:
A) BUY LOCAL
B) SHIP HERE
C) BUY LOCAL IN X PLACE + TRANSPORT
D) SHIP TO X PLACE + TRANSPORT
SYMBOLS/STAGES -- For "buynow" ...
* order has link + expected price
* order is small enough to carry-on:
OR is clear where to send
* can arrive in time to "Main destination":
OR order to "Local destination"
IF [extra criteria to develop] ...
If criteria is met, please order.
* order dating:
date all ordering research - technology prices drop regularly, useful to track/follow emerging patterns
Order Timing ("How long do things take to arrive?")
#TODO FIX THESE, THEY'RE APPROXIMATIONS
a) normal ... ~ 3-5 days?
b) Amazon Prime inside DE/UK/??? ~ 1-3 days?
c) China->EU ... ~10-20 days?
d) USA->EU ... ~???
so, first order:
* chinese stuff: 1 month (3 weeks MAX)
* expensive stuff, like for laptops and laptop parts (they might send something weird)
1 week before:
* chinese stuff in EU storages !!
Best times in year to shop
* End of the year is specific
* "black friday" = November 27 +- a week or two
WHEN TO BUY LOCAL (@)
* if we need it now
* ... and it's <20€ / 30% difference
* ... we buy it here and now
<--------------------------- (new) MERGING IN
HOW TO DO "ORDERING" DOCUMENT REVIEWS
This will influence #e2h2.
* $$!!!** = DECIDED ........ your work
!!!* = URGENT DECISION
!!** = DECIDING TO BUY
!!* = IMPORTANT DECISION
!!! = URGENT RESEARCH
!! = IMPORTANT RESEARCH
[!!!] WE NEED TO REMODEL THESE PAGES SO TO GET EXTERNAL COLLABORATION
* Have some way to ask for feedback for stuff that's important, where we need it
[!!] study connections to other operations systems
* kanban, 2/3-bin systems, ...
* INDICATE IF IT IS IMPORT:
also, what does that mean??
like, from UK or USA? does it get held up? pay taxes? time?
* don't try to find candidates if you can't discerne good ones:
rather, document supply vectors!
example (L sending D links to 2dehands)
(Site generated by E2H, an "Etherpad hypermedia" project by @dcht00).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.