< PRE-DRAFT+ >
needs another re-org, merging
Table of Contents
Also see ...
* ... especially https://nomadwiki.org/en/Accessible_healthcare
* medic box list:
(TODO: there's no overview of what it still needs !!!)
(especially carrying / transmitting diseases, also called: zoonosis)
* parts of 🔗dramaturgy:
* XXX🔗pau-health #tomerge
* has functioning health insurance
* disclose & pre-prep for your conditions
* bring EHIC card !
* have settled medical insurance dues
* medical consent forms (?)
is this really necessary, or just an american thing?
found this idea via this page: https://www.mayoclinic.org/first-aid/first-aid-kits/basics/art-20056673
* stock basic supplies
* basic directions & contacts
Have phone numbers & map ready!
* ... for crew:
* contact information of residents family doctor (per resident page)
* local (national) health provider (for EHIC support)
* ... for local space:
* open pharmacies
* closest + easy-going ER
* easy-going non-ER (consultation/GP, maybe private)
* emergency road service ("grua", etc)
* poison/toxicity help line
* first aid manual
### FIND MORE
which role covers this ???
*** BASIC SUPPLIES
!!!!!! reorganize this, more like:
🔗food (bold what we need)
or some other syntax way, not with hard "categories"
also have dimensions separation:
* "list" (with categories)
* status within CHT canarias specifically
STOCK @ CHT
* Sterile saline for irrigation, flushing (i guess?)
* Hydrogen peroxide to disinfect
* random plasters
(~) Reorganize / Recheck
Should probably get better organised as separate stuff in medic kit
* Plastic bags, assorted sizes
* Safety pins in assorted sizes
* Scissors and tweezers
* Hand sanitizer (toiletries and randomly around)
* Antiseptic solution and towelettes (toiletries and randomly around)
* Eyewash solution (toiletries)
* Breathing barrier (surgical mask) (we have these with tools...)
* medical tape
* Antibiotic ointment
like this? https://medstore.be/categorie-menu/wondzorgproducten/desinfectie-ontsmettingsmiddelen/fucidin-ung-2-15-gr
What we have in other places but should also be considered medical support:
* Duct tape (tools)
* Cotton balls and cotton-tipped swabs (toiletries)
* Disposable nonlatex examination gloves, several pairs (tools)
* Petroleum jelly or other lubricant (kitchen?)
* elastic wrap bandages
* Rubber tourniquet or 16 French catheter
* sterile nonstick and sticking bandages
* Instant cold packs
* Turkey baster or other bulb suction device for flushing wounds
!!! maybe +Hema can help get us this?
* Aluminum finger splint
* Syringe, medicine cup or spoon
* suture set (also to practice...)
* medical glue
* scalpel (diferent sizes)
* microscopy glass
<----------------- (new) BASIC SUPPLIES / STOCK ↑
We've had experiences with ...
* cold (nose, throat, ears)
is bacterial or viral.
will happen if living outside <14°C
improve your immune system
sinupret works great!
can cause herpes outbreaks
* conjunctivitis (eyes)
rinse your hands with drinking water (after fresh water / gray water)!
treat with chamomile!
there should be "colirium" in medic box!
* food allergy issues
aching skin, diarrhea, etc
* red wine
* ear infections
* ruptured ear drum
blood will come out.
it should heal in some weeks, but check with your doctor.
you can fly with one if it already ruptured.
if it did not, then It might rupture.
* migraines (repeating)
was probably due to tea tree oil spraying poisoning !
* unindentified skin conditions
* coronavirus pandemic
* newcomers quarantining
* protocols: shopping, new supplies, etc
* pest bites
calendula cream seems to help nicely for mosquito bites.
aloe vera too.
* splinters, thorns, prickles
* tiny wounds
* sanitize (alcohol, iodine)
↓↓↓ LESS EXPERIENCES ↓↓↓
* anaphylactic shock
* bigger wounds
treating (Antibiotic creams, aloe vera, etc)
↓↓↓ UNSORTED ↓↓↓
* dental: abscess
An abscess at the end of a tooth is called a periapical abscess. An abscess in the gum is called a periodontal abscess.
* dental: plaque
* dental: canker sore / apht / ulcer
* itchy ear canal / ear entry
Does the skin around your ears feel dry, itchy, or irritated? There are a number of things that may be causing your ear discomfort, such as heat exposure, harsh soaps, or a possible chronic skin condition.
check for "swimmer's ear"
An outer ear infection (otitis externa) causes pain, redness and swelling in your outer ear canal. This is the tube that leads into your ear. Outer ear infection is usually caused by bacteria. But they may also be caused by a fungal infection, irritation or eczema in or around your ear canal.
seems Guarana helps !
Guarana refers to the seed extract of a natural stimulant native to the Amazon forest.
Of the herbs discussed here, guarana most resembles ADHD stimulant drugs. It contains xanthine alkaloids such as caffeine, theophylline and theobromine.
The alkaloids in guarana not only boosts stamina and energy but they also reduce mental fatigue. Caffeine, for example, increases the levels of dopamine and norepinephrine in the brain. At the doses in which it is supplied, it actually has a calming effect on hyperactive ADHD kids.
Theophylline also stimulates the central nervous system and it improves mental alertness. Theobromine, on the other hand, improves mood.
Therefore, all the medicinal effects of the alkaloids found in guarana can help improve different symptoms of ADHD.
* Tea-tree / Lavender / ... essential oil
* Reduce / avoid caffeine during treatment
"consuming high amounts of caffeine may lead to digestive issues that prevent hemorrhoids from healing, it is commonly recommended to avoid the stimulant during treatment for hemorrhoids."
____________________caffeine containing beverages
* Guarana -- natural powder contains ~3-4% caffeine
"Doses greater than 250-300 mg daily have been linked to side effects"
* Coffee -- contains ~2.8% / "95mg per cup"
* Black tea -- 47mg per cup
* Green tea -- 33mg per cup
* go to bathroom when you feel the urge, take time... :)
<-------------------- (new) bad: CONDITIONS / PROBLEMS / TO TREAT ↑↑↑
should separate by categories
(pills, natural, "alternative", whatnot)
BETTER THAN PARACETAMOL AS ALSO ANTI INFLAMMATORY
"using ibuprofen and alcohol together can greatly increase your risk of kidney problems"
BE CAREFUL WITH DOSE
5G WILL DESTROY YOU ALREADY
NO MIXING WITH OTHER PAINKILLERS
as a last resort?
"His team systematically evaluated the different results in previous studies and were able to “reliably conclude” that alcohol is an analgesic. They were also able estimate the amount of pain relief a certain dosage of alcohol provides.
For example, they found that around two pints of beer or two medium-sized glasses of wine resulted in a 24 per cent drop in pain ratings. And the higher the blood-alcohol level, the greater the pain relief (up to a blood-alcohol level of .11)."""
* irritated eyes
* urine tract
( Essential oils )
It can draw out deeply embedded dirt. Calendula cream is wonderful for minor cuts, scrapes and falls. Calendula cream prevents too early granulation of the wound, thus assisting in scarless healing. It helps with painful wounds and wounds that tend to break open.
Apple cider vinegar
Cayenne + saltwater
(gargle for sore throat)
will cure ear infections
("pig ear", "donkey ear", etc)
is this same as:
Diatomaceous earth consists of fossilized remains of diatoms, a type of hard-shelled protist. It is used as a filtration aid, mild abrasive in products including metal polishes and toothpaste, mechanical insecticide, absorbent for liquids, matting agent for coatings, reinforcing filler in plastics and rubber, anti-block in plastic films, porous support for chemical catalysts, cat litter, activator in blood clotting studies, a stabilizing component of dynamite, a thermal insulator, and a soil for potted plants and trees like bonsai.
Oil pulling ?
<------------------- (new) good: SOLUTIONS / TREATING ↑↑↑
*** BEING ILL
aka "HOW TO BE ILL"
* separation & quarantine
* space sanitation
* precaution measures
* have & communicate a clear idea what's going on, and the expected timeframe
* do not unreasonably hinder the work process
* ask clearly what you need of others:
* "NO LIGHT PLEASE I HAVE A MIGRAINE"
* "I NEED TO SLEEP FOR HALF AN HOUR"
* maintain what is expected of you:
CHT responsibilities ...:
to establish !!!
A) we need to "nurse you back to health"
B) bring you to a doctor, get an airbnb / get a flight
C) you're on your own b* !
Similarly -- how would this look like...:
* ... on your vacation?
* ... during work?
* ... at home "with your friends"?
* Do you have priority over work, OR not?
* Can you get others to move out, OR can others get you to move out?
* Do you get ejected? at what point?
EHIC card tricks
home remedies, etc
Improving immune system
* get enough vitamins:
* ### !!!
* how to track this?
* can you cheat an do it 1/week ?
* supplements really are bullshit?
* "minimum viable fruit"
* how to test this?:
watch for ... what signs?
WHO Model Lists of Essential Medicines
(Site generated by E2H, an "Etherpad hypermedia" project by @dcht00).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.