< RFC >
< #REVIEWING >
20160824 draft release
20170806 theme, reorg
20200629 moveover & quick overview
Table of Contents
|1.1||* Must be accessible to everyone|
|1.2||* Must be non-profit|
|1.3||* Expose supply chains !|
|1.4||* Establish own basics supplier !|
|2||Also see ...|
|3||*** THE RESOURCES|
|3.1||PLACE TO STAY|
|3.1.1||* hackbases network, and alike|
|3.1.2||* free camping|
|3.1.3||* at friends / "the community"|
|3.1.4||* sharing sites|
|3.1.5||* start your own space !|
|3.2.3||Nuts & Seeds|
|3.3.2||Contact lenses + solutions|
|3.4.2||3G / Data plans / SIM cards|
|3.4.3||Bikes (and repair)|
|3.4.4||Repairing things / DIY|
|4||*** ( more resources )|
|4.1||* nomad backpack|
|4.3||* sun glasses|
|4.4||* logistics / post|
|4.5||* a shipping address|
|4.6||* washing clothes|
|5.1||Document information model|
* Must be accessible to everyone
Everyone, anywhere, must be able to access basic resources, without reliance on community-locked knowledge.
This document focuses on nomads.
* Must be non-profit
* Expose supply chains !
a) Local, in person
b) Online + way of delivery
* Establish own basics supplier !
→ 🔗lim0 !
Also see ...
* 🔗resources-ship — what to get from where?
* 🔗markets — where to buy things ?
* 🔗ordering — what is the CHT base currently procuring?
* 🔗lim0 — replaces capitalist shops (non-market, anti-profit, mass sourcing, etc)
* 🔗postmarket — commonize all property → all get what they need → empower common struggle!
* 🔗maps — EU
* 🔗stuff — equipment list for a hackbase
* 🔗subfinance — organizing common finances
* 🔗manual — (under "Shopping", for Lanzarote, Canary Islands)
* http://hitchwiki.org/en/Main_Page — travel with hitch-hiking
*** THE RESOURCES
(6 ways to die by Vinay Gupta)
PLACE TO STAY
* hackbases network, and alike
* see Hackerspaces.org🔗Hackbases (and links there)
* see Hackerspaces.org🔗Residencies
* check 🔗alike
* look through 🔗maps
* ask on Matrix (#hackbases:matrix.org)
* free camping
* for Canary Islands, see 🔗landsites
* for EU, see 🔗maps ("Sites" markers)
* take care of the environment!!
* at friends / "the community"
* all who rent should maximize
* especially those who own apartments and land - as they have opportunity for modifications
* sharing sites
* start your own space !
→ pad.land/hackbases !
See 🔗food for a general food shopping list, etc.
* never eat in for-profit restaurants + learn to cook + share meals
* know your sources well:
* the prices (also check various big, specialty, ethnic and local markets)
* specific local-grown food, and its seasonal availability
* buy in bulk at local cheap supermarket (1 / month)
* find "reduced before expiration" items at markets and supermarkets
* approach bigger suppliers
* buying at a big supermarket does not imply support:
You are not saving the world with your basics consumption patterns!
* cooperative approaches:
* community kitchens
* form a bulk-buy cooperative !!!
* dumpster diving:
* see http://trashwiki.org, organized by locality
* organize a group that is able to:
* find patterns (observe!)
* regularly collect + prepare for storage (sort, clean!)
* store (freeze!)
* distribute (access + rules + group!) & prepare food (kitchen!)
* Lidl (nuts!, bread, corn-flakes, meat?)
* → 🔗markets
* → 🔗manual ("Shopping for food")
Weekly calendar for "Küche für alle" in Berlin - freshly cooked food against donation (mostly 2 euros/meal)
Map of fruit trees and other edible goodies in public spaces
Germany + Europe:
Find free food in your area - rescued from supermarkets or given away by individuals
* Dia is probably the cheapest
Nuts & Seeds
Nuts are essential yet can be hard to find cheaply.
Also consider seeds (sunflower, pumpkin).
* LIDL ~10€/kg all types, since 2016 even pecans are 15€/kg
* Ethnic shops will often have big packaging & special deals, maybe you can also haggle on the price
→ 🔗resources-ship !
"If you're flying from South Africa, bring 50kg extra Macadamia nuts!"
Find ethnic shops (asian, Morrocan, Turkish, etc) - they will have bags for 1€ !!!
Much better than normal suppliers. Stock up!
→ https://nomadwiki.org/en/Accessible_healthcare !
Contact lenses + solutions
You need "All in one".
"Sterile saline" does not desinfect, should not be used for storing !!!
* Bought 12€ monthly pair in Berlin:
* @... ???
* the date was expired, so I went and got another pair
* DM has them up to -4.75
1.2€ for 100ml !!!!!! <--- STOCK UP ON THESE AND TAKE THEM ON PLANES
2.79€ / 360ml (all lenses, own brand)
* @Carrefour : ~7€ / 360ml (all lenses, own brand)
* Morrisons: £2.97 for 250ml, not always available instore, pre-order online:
* Tesco / Sainsburys £4 250ml:
* Boots all-in-one £13 for 360ml
* For contacts + eye check:
(did not try yet!)
* http://ceneje.si :
10€ / 360 ml is best deal ??!
See 🔗markets and 🔗ordering!
Also see 🔗x220 and 🔗graph-postapple.
Lim0 project now distributes laptops.
Base price ~350€:
Lenovo x220 + i5 + 16gb + 256gb ssd + new 9 cell battery + 1 year warranty + coop fund
Contact email@example.com .
3G / Data plans / SIM cards
Basics in EU:
* ~ June 15 2017, roaming will be free
* As of Sept. 2016, at least one provider already offers free data roaming within 43 European countries on prepaid SIMs (the "YOU" plans of Vodafone Netherlands; YOU online only is 10€/mo for 1GB)
* Until then, from May 1st 2016, it's 6c/MB (60€/GB) without a package
* Some providers offer (100MB, 500MB, etc) international data in their packages. That's good deals.
* Normal pre-paid price is 1GB for ~8€ including the SIM
EU / international packages:
* Three UK SIM:
* SIM is available on ebay for less than 2€ incl shipping
* could be best option for a lot of data on Lanzarote as well
Spain / Lanzarote:
* We're currently using Lebara. Details on CHT🔗cht-role-comm.
* Lyca also looks cheap (5€/gb)
- In Germany all SIM cards need to be registered with name and address. Most of the time name and address are not checked.
- In Berlin there are a lot of stores that will sell SIM cards that are "already activated" in some random guys name.
- Where to look?
- Kottbusser Damm (the whole street has many small telecom shops. if they advertise "LYCAMOBILE 3GB 10€" for example that's what you need)
- Sonnenallee ((the whole street has many small telecom shops. if they advertise "LYCAMOBILE 3GB 10€" for example that's what you need)
- Where to look?
- Want to know everything about German SIM cards?!
Bikes (and repair)
You need a 0-50€ bike everywhere.
CHT has some available already.
* London (UK)
* Paris (FR) (@Damien)
* Rotterdam (NL)
* Kranj (SI)
* Ljubljana (SI) (access to bike-sharing card)
Talk to David.
* Hamburg (DE) :
Talk to David (needs to be fixed),
also need 7€ bike-sharing keychain <-------- #TODO +lorenz
also MS Stubnitz has bikes
* Brussels (BE): ??? (access to Velo bike-sharing)
Priority / need:
* Lanzarote (ESP) : CHT (last one was stolen...) !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Free bike maintenance classes and 'Dr Bike' repair sessions
via local council borough website where you are based, e.g. Islington:
Repairing things / DIY
Place to get help fixing stuff.
General - Computers & electronics:
* should be a trans-EU meetup / hackerspace !
* Triodos (best in NL):
"one of the world’s most sustainable banks."
* VdK (best in BE)
* FairCoop / FairCoin ecosystem:
* ... including Bank of the Commons:
( stub by wischi )
- number26 (n26)
- Young innovative FinTech Startup - lol, why do we even write about it here? - because their bank account is the easiest to open as you don't need proof of address, so the card can be shipped to a hotel hostel or friend.
- You can use every ATM in the world for free (expect some ATMs in US or Thailand that charge their own fees).
- It gives you a IBAN number to send and receive transfers in the EU for free.
- Everything is controlled through their smartphone app which also shows you everything you spend in real time.
- In Germany you can pay up to 100€ per month cash into the account, after that it costs 1,5%.
- The account does not charga any monthly fees.
- You can open this bank account with a shipping address in Germany, Austria, United Kingdom, Greece, France, Italy, Ireland, Slovenia, ID and a smartphone.
- Basically like number26 but in GBP instead of EUR http://monese.com also costs 5GBP per month
- http://getmondo.co.uk/ Like monese but newer.
* DKB (free no ATM fees worldwide)
* n26 aka number26 (free no ATM fees worldwide, works with a awesome smartphone app, sign up here to donate 10€ to CHT http://number26.de/einladen?token=8JWOJ-sdkCl6qf (wischis Ref-link ... not sure if this link works at all ... contact wischi to get a personal link that gives wischi 10€ that will go directly to CHT)
* Bank of China: Just go into a local branch with your passport some cash to pay into your new account (100 RMB is more than enough) and ask them to open an account for you. If they don't understand go to the next bigger branch.
International Money Transfer:
* surprisingly Western Union is free if you send the money directly to someones bank account
* In the EU al transfers, even international ones are usually free
*** ( more resources )
* nomad backpack
Seem to cost ~70€
55L goes on planes hand luggage and is recommended (david)
(bigger too but haven't tried that many times).
Everything you need in there?
See 🔗backpack !
Ask friends. Many people throw a lot of stuff away.
Check and map second-hand shops
Some cheap stuff can be found in places like C&A, Bershka. Of course, problematically manufacture.
* sun glasses
* (all in Europe have CE certificate, so they are safe)
* street vendors / Teguise market go to 5€ in Lanzarote
* Primark!! ~1€ ???
* in a year, I spent: ~50 of total 5000€ (so 0.5-1%) <-- #subfinance
* logistics / post
→ 🔗shipping ???
* a shipping address
* Lanzarote, see 🔗shipping
* Slovenia (Kranj) - ask firstname.lastname@example.org
* washing clothes
* posters for cht
* posters for cht meetup
* posters for teaching computing
* but also
* stickers -> stickermule? not super cheap, ~15c per small sticker
* basic cosmetics
* furniture (chairs, couch, etc)
<------------------- (new) more resources
Document information model
What + Where + How much
(Site generated by E2H, an "Etherpad hypermedia" project by @dcht00).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.