< STUB+ >
Nootropics (also called smart drugs, neuro enhancers ...) are substances that improve one or more aspects of cognitive performance.
CHT's practice has been predominantly in organizing crowd-wisdom around the topic.
2015/2016 main interest period
Table of Contents
|1.2||Select ext resources|
|1.4||Some general ideas|
|3||*** also see / #tomerge|
|3.1||CHT @ CCC: public sessions|
/" This Master Hyde, if he were studied,’ thought he, ‘must have secrets of his own; black secrets, by the look of him; secrets compared to which poor Jekyll’s worst would be like sunshine. Things cannot continue as they are. It turns me cold to think of this creature stealing like a thief to Harry’s bedside; poor Harry, what a wakening! And the danger of it; for if this Hyde suspects the existence of the will, he may grow impatient to inherit. Ay, I must put my shoulder to the wheel if Jekyll will but let me,’ he added, ‘if Jekyll will only let me.’ For once more he saw before his mind’s eye, as clear as a transparency, the strange clauses of the will. "/
Select ext resources
* http://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/wiki/beginners <------- !!!!!!!!!!
* http://www.reddit.com/r/nootropics/wiki/faq :
(good dosage info, etc)
Some general ideas
* "I also think I'm sharper when I eat the stuff that our brains are made of"
* Modifying self-identified negative behaviours (OCD, ADD, ...)
* "It's amazing, I just don't get why people don't know about it"
* "Although, higher energy levels and subtlety enhanced focus, the only real gain of noots, is not to be underrated"
doubting noots: http://www.facebook.com/groups/officialnootropics/permalink/10152962318179360/
* "Also noots are not made to increase IQ but to protect and repair the brain"
* "As a neuropsychologist and acupuncturist I can tell you that [...] Nootropics and natural therapies are an should be a severe threat to conventional psychiaty/psychiatrists."
* "There are also many people that react quite differently to many of these things, due to certain gene expressions we don't fully understand yet"
<-------------------- (new) UNSORTED NOOTROPICS ↑
*** also see / #tomerge
CHT @ CCC: public sessions
CHT organized well-attended co-writing ethering workshops at the CCC:
Second meeting of hackers researching or using nootropics.
Nootropics (also called smart drugs, neuro enhancers ...) are substances which improve one or more aspects of cognitive performance.
Nootropic substances range from basic brain building blocks (L-Dopa, B vitamins and related compounds, e.g. Choline, and minerals like Magnesium and Zinc ...), herbal extracts (Ginkgo, Ginseng, Bacopa, Rhodiola Rosea ...), functional foods (Probiotics, Royal Jelly, Fortified food ...), to synthetic compounds (Racetams, Noopept ...).
Even if you're not interested in hacking your brains, you might already be failing on the basics.
Apparently ~80% of people are deficient in Magnesium, in part because it's as much as 5x less available in our food than it was in the 1950s, as a result of soil depletion. A large percentage or people are also deficient in Vitamin D, especially in places farther away from the equator, or *people who spend most of the day indoors* (!), where there is less light to produce this vitamin naturally.
Bring your noots and notes. This will be a roundtable discussion, and an etherpad will be kept.
Disclaimer: Orga are not pharmacists or doctors. Please do come if you are one.
Some topics we'll talk about:
- timing supplement use
- interactions between them
- quantifying results, blind tests, etc
- how and where to get noots
- healthy diets and habits
- sharing research and data
- nootropics in hackbases
(Site generated by E2H, an "Etherpad hypermedia" project by @dcht00).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.