< DRAFT+ >
Where to set camps (in Lanzarote, Fuerteventura)?
Mail email@example.com if you need more specific information.
* 🔗maps : see Lanzarote map:
(green diamond marker = "Site")
* 🔗flocking : how to make a new camp?
* under "current situation"
* under "campground location" !!
* 🔗faq : under "why buy own land? what are other options?"
* 🔗hacking-housing (manifesto) and 🔗hacking-housing-pad (info)
2015-11-27 start stub
2020-08-01 overview (unfinished)
Table of Contents
See the maps !
Lanzarote map (and others) at 🔗maps have tagged sites.
There's about 20 sites tagged for Lanzarote, most were used before, especially during 🔗season4-D.
Ask on firstname.lastname@example.org for any info.
Lanzarote (.kmz, .gpx, EDIT)
* Temp site @ Mala, Lanzarote
Used in 🔗season4-A and 🔗season4-B.
* At a friend's land. Now developed as a cool AirBnb.
* Had a 5€ per person per day (PPPD) deal, included:
* use of water + hot shower
* can *probably* stay there again
* Public camp @ La Graciosa
* La Graciosa Natural Reserve FREE camping:
* Reached by 30min bus + ferry (20€).
* see 🔗faq under "la graciosa free camping" for more info
* (used in 🔗season4-B/2,4) see here and here
* Wild camping ~ Haria & Maguez, Lanzarote
Brilliant place, used for a month during 🔗season4-C/2.
* "Camp Bollocks" ~ Arrieta & Haria, Lanzarote
Site of 🔗season5-A and 🔗season5-B.
* semi-hackbase @ Haria, Lanzarote
Was (2018-2019): MB1 pre-hackbase house in Mancha Blanca
Now (2020): unchecked @Haria
Can probably stay in house for sharing expenses (~50€/week per person).
Site of 🔗season6-A and 🔗season6-B.
* Calleta de Cabalo, Lanzarote
Entering the village, and following the beach in the direction of La Santa, is a common place for van campers.
Tents are not tolerated, so clear before 8am OR hide really well.
Site of 🔗season7-A.
* El Jablito, Fuerteventura
There's two spots that seem to be tolerated:
* left side of the inbound road (north part of village) has a year-round slum/encampment by locals
* vans & tents are also common around the bay
Site of 🔗season7-B.
NEW OPTIONS (for CHT)
* plan: buy own land
→ 🔗season4 !
* free wild camping, squatting, etc
* (TODO: merge internal notes!)
Things to consider:
* legal situation, also see 🔗hacking-housing !
* security situation
* logistics of bringing stuff there + teardown
* logistics of resupplies (water, food, etc)
* maybe talk to locals, or maybe stay underground
* just go for it on some random land
Open questions + Todo:
* Is it possible to stay at current sites full time?
* (include more photos)
* living out of our van
* exploring other islands
First, neighbouring 🔗fuerteventura.
Lanzarote-Fuerteventura ferry costs ~20€ per person, same for the vehicle.
Free legal camping in Lanzarote (if you ask)
* put these on map
* establish easy ways to talk to ayuntamientos
* see if it could be sustainable
* see legal status of lands (to see if we understand cadastro)
(Site generated by E2H, an "Etherpad hypermedia" project by @dcht00).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.