< RFC >
Part of 🔗postmarket manifesto.
20200702 touch + overview
20201017 quick view
20201102 scan + bump→RFC
* 🔗postmarket , specifically "Holdings" part
Table of Contents
* you will gain access to a lot more stuff
* lots of stuff you are keeping will be replaced by superior versions, with immediate or easy access
* you will be able to solve storage problems
* you will gain ability to acess any sort of stuff you need wherever (via 🔗vaults, etc)
... depending on:
* whether you are staying settled, or going fully nomadic
* whether you're keeping your current place, or letting it go
* whether there are already comrades nearby your location
*** CURRENT COMMON INVENTORIES
→ XXX🔗stuff : the index
→ 🔗stuff : mobile @ Canary Islands
* Totalism.org infrastructure
* network of people (manifesting in specific ways)
*** MUTUALISING !
Sharing material objects !
All stuff is added to a common inventory.
By the way:
÷ = alt gr + key after "P"
[ ÷/ ] TRUE PERSONAL
Aka "not sensibly shareable".
("toothbrush", "contact lenses")
* extreme high risk of breakage:
* low value and high general availability:
* sentimentality + extreme specificity:
(favorite teddy bear, friendship bracelet, ...)
* sentimentality + extreme value:
("grandmother's engagement ring")
* perfect personal fit:
* valuable within personal context:
"private documents and personal archives"
[ ÷~ ] QUIRKY
Could be common.
But, "quirky", less attractive to share.
↓ personal computers
↓ specialized machinery that may break at any moment
↓ special / personal tools
↓ unfinished random projects
↓ uniquely broken stuff only you might have an idea how to fix, while others would have a too-hard time to make it worthwhile
[ ÷÷! ] AVAILABLE WITH STRICT CONDITIONS
Sharing conditions specified.
Responsibility taken care of by general CoCo agreements.
↓ electric guitars
↓ complex, uncommon tools
[ ÷÷÷ ] AVAILABLE
Objects that make sense to commonize.
* use familiarity
* higher value
* lower chances of breakage
↓ standard tools
↓ standard studio equipment
To make it more shareable:
* sort separate when in storage
* document usage & state
* actuvely encourage others to use it
[ ÷÷÷÷ ] FULLY COMMONIZED
Already moved & made commonly available (= stored in a Hackbase, or a Vault).
Ideally, a good object of its kind.
↓ most CHT property
↓ digital archives (media, data)
CHT example → 🔗stuff
<----------------------------- (new) SHARE THIS !
[!!] research: REPAIR ANALYSIS
when to repair things?
when to throw things away?
how to deal with time/depreciation?
who is responsible for their breaking (in different types of situations)?
[!!] research: OBJECT ATTRIBUTES
Attributes of tools / objects ...
<Ivan Ilich ....
[!!] research: capitalist objects VS proletarian objects
"design = making capitalist objects"
... maybe here?
mentioned in telekommunist international !
### → XXX🔗postmarket-dissolution
* Simplified by storing at their location:
"your ice cream machine is stored at your place, so if you dissolute, it's already where it needs to be"
* Status must be clear at all times for all objects "laying around"
Pattern: DE-SPECIFICICATION OF OBJECTS
* "My book has personal annotations, so it's difficult for me to share it"
* "My room has nice posters in it, so I wouldn't like to leave my home"
* "I have specific settings on my amplifier, so people will just mess them up"
Dealing with this ...
* Digitize all that can be !
* Become less sentimental !
* Transcend privacy, sift out the rest !
* Note down the settings & make them perfectly (and measurably) reconstructable!
(Site generated by E2H, an "Etherpad hypermedia" project by @dcht00).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.