CHT6-C : JUNE + JULY 2019
Table of Contents
JOIN CREW HERE:
---> 🔗planning𝌡 !
* Pad: https://totalism.org/cht6c (future proof) or https://next.totalism.org
* Mastodon, 2019-05-10 <d
* Diaspora, 2019-05-09 <d
* Telegram: in group
* Mailing list: 🔗list𝌡, 2019-05-31 <pau
* Facebook page, 2019-06-10 <d
* Twitter, 2019-06-10 <d
* Instagram: ______________________
* Facebook (event): ______________________
*** Status Report
Previous camps were CHT6-A and CHT6-B, from November 2018 to March 2019. See 🔗season6-A𝌡.
The project's van 🔗trucko𝌡 was fixed, insured & passed the technical examination ("ITV").
New projects are focusing on expanding CHT's infrastructure, developing new occupational strategies, and expanding the project to other islands of the Canarias.
PREFIXES: project categories
* INFRA = new infrastructure & maintenance
* SYS = systematics
* THEORY = generalized reflection, including tactics (manifests, protocols, etc)
* PR = public relations, spread
* MEDIA = hypermedia, representation systems
* LAND = practical & research nature-culture interventions
* DEV = software (programming) & hardware development, deployment (servers), etc
* OP = administrative operations (archives, grants, bureocracy, treasury, etc)
* EVENT = public happenings
SUFFIXES: type of work
* PC = @computer (and telephone???), can happen anywhere
* LANZA = physically exploring, meeting, being present in Lanzarote
* LIVE = present, but anywhere
>>> CONTINUATION OF CHT6-A / CHT6-B PROJECTS <<<
(covers: October 2018 - March 2019)!!!
INFRA: Boat | LANZA + PC
#hackbase #type4 (mobility + "Harbours")
Need to figure out:
* what kind of boat
* where to get it
* where to keep it
* complete financials
* alternative models of ownership (sharing-allying-extending-appropriating-reconstructing)
* meet people with boats !
* systematize harbours and other resources:
* puerto calero harbour
* la graciosa harbour
* street boats in famara ?
* finding the cheapest possible boat
"possibility to get these "1€" boats"
* how to learn ?
* talk to +javi !
* talk to +hamish ("the man who boat a lifeboat"), was at CHT#1
* marine school arrecife
* possible routes
* Nearest Africa ~ 2 days ?
* Americas ~ 3 weeks ?
* Cape Verde ~ ?
* Gibraltar + Balearic + Greece + Adriatic ~ 3500km, 1 month
* the ooooo.be boats in Brussels Royal Yacht Club
See https://ooooo.be/S14 , and pages for Floating Point + Techotsukumogami .
There is also the electric boat, Buratinas.
* path-planner: ???
* radios & comm
INFRA: Second Van | LANZA + PC
Found a candidate:
A white ~1985 Syncro (4x4) Dokka T3. ("Platform Chassis").
Is it worth betting 1000€ (500€ buy + 500€ fix + 2 months work) on the second van?
What would it be?:
* A containerized tiny-house platform?
* A food truck?
* A to-distribute copy of 🔗trucko𝌡 ?
SYS: Research and list other island activity. | PC + LANZA + FUERTE
We have never been there, and do not know much about the initiatives or people there.
--> 🔗canarias𝌡 !!!
Starting with Fuerteventura and Tenerife.
* list, map (PC)
* go there
* send 100 mails to these places:
* write generic communiques !!!
MEDIA: Website cleanup. | PC + LIVE
* Make user tester group.
* Reread all content also from other pods-internals, old wikis etc.
* Develop better content release graduation (by PRIORITY, CURRENT STATE, etc).
THEORY: Postinternet content & goods distribution. | PC + LIVE
#Vaults, coop logistics
Developed during "Networks with an Attitude" @ Antwerp/BE, April 2019.
Coming soon: 🔗postinternet-distribution𝌡 !
INFRA: Trucko van | LANZA + PC
Fixing & Parts | LANZA + PC
* left signal -- does not get stuck in place! ... 20€
* door rubbers ... 50€
* change & fix left spring ... 50€:
* centering ... 20€
* tires ... 120€
* pedal change ... 50€
* transmission oil / "make nicer" ... 50€:
* ensure no more break fluid leaks !!!
* speedometer cable ... 30€
* hand-brake does not work:
new cables needed? cables x2 🔗trucko-new𝌡 ... 20€
Tidy-up the van situation | LANZA + PC
* proper doors security (locks, etc)
* alarm & location for keeping
* make drivable by other people
* downtime protocol:
* last check
* keeping location
Trucko - Prepare for travels | LANZA + PC
Insurance next level.
Have mechanics everywhere.
Where to do ITV in September?
PR: Project Spread | PC + LIVE
Figure out how to find more executive people for the projects.
* improve PR
* improve project definitions
* re-activate people we know
SYS+THEORY: Revectorize alliances. | PC
No more alliances based on simulacra.
”Too many college radicals are two-timing punks. The only reason you should be in college is to destroy it.”
― Abbie Hoffman, Steal This Book
🔗alike𝌡 page is good, but lacking.
* It needs to merge with 🔗intersub𝌡 and even 🔗postmarket𝌡.
* Develop "Call-out culture" for anyone involved with, based on distinct re-processed set of values.
Who are really our closest organisations? Are we comrades, or are we "friends"?
OP: Position to win grants. | PC
* a semi-associated form / fiscal sponsor
* new push for 🔗grants𝌡
* roles development, capacity building
THEORY: Post-Postmodernist Art | PC + LIVE
Beyond classic-mimetic, modernist, and postmodernist.
Contemporary art is most often whimsical, out-of-context, inconsequential, and not truly engaging the "topics of our time".
Considering the present - environmental, political, ... - situation, this is aesthetically grotesque.
Assemble manifesto and practices:
* Establish measure of Urgency, and a consequent ethics-politics-aesthetics.
* Call-out all the bullshitt.
* New curatorial strategies - what is Totalist curation?
EVENT: Define program for Trucko van as a mobile hacklab | PC + LANZA
The van: 🔗trucko𝌡
* Contact local (Canarian) organisations:
See 🔗canarias𝌡 for list.
* Make independent events and workshops happen:
See 🔗teaching𝌡, ... !
* Get locations to finance travel, at least "gas money" to move from the previous site
LAND: Birds and Cats | PC + LANZA
Birds are amazing, but often highly troubled.
"Feral cats kill an estimated 480 million birds in the US each year"
There are existing organisations working with that in Lanzarote:
* Punctum photographers
* Island Ecology and Evolution Research Group (IPNA, CSIC)
* Archipelago Chinijo
Domestic and semi-wild cats are a direct threat to birds.
* What is the population, and other factors that can be (or are) traced?
* What is the numeric scale of the problem?
* What can be done to counter this?
* Are there laws in place, are they respected?
* What is the state of protected areas?
* The cost of pets and pet food:
* https://edition.cnn.com/2019/02/22/africa/botswana-elephants-hunting-intl-scli/index.html (bushmeat as pet food)
INFRA: Lanzarote secondary project storage / #Vaults | LANZA
Move the stuff that we cannot fit into the van, from current place (@MB1), to some new place.
DEV: Server todos >david | PC
* fix the server extra disk drive:
* local server + remote backups !!!
* better redundancy and uptime checks
DEV: OsmAnd offline maps sharing | PC
Continue work from CHT6B +korentin !
THEORY: Base type 5: Squatting | LANZA
Document the process of occupying a house, with a case in progress.
INFRA | Ordering new stuff | PC+LIVE
Defining, researching, seleeting, financing, buying, shipping/delivering ... new equipment.
Addresses at 🔗shipping-new𝌡.
Specifically, for more on Van parts see 🔗trucko-new𝌡.
THEORY | Food Systems & Breadbasket failures
"""According to the UN’s Food and Agricultural Organization (Statistics Division 2016), a relatively small area of the world, 23 percent of total cropland, accounts for a large proportion of total global cereal production, with most of the area devoted to three major cereal crops: maize (70.3 percent), wheat (69.3 percent), and rice (84.5 percent)."""
* What would a MBBF (Multi Breadbasket Failure) look like?
* What would be the dramaturgy of such a collapse?:
How long into the Sowing-to-Harvest timeline would we realize this?
How would panic buying play out?
<------------------------------------------- (new) topic proposals - add above ...
(Site generated by E2H, an "Etherpad hypermedia" project by @dcht00).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.