< RFC >
< #DEV >
Ideas, features, bugs ... for 🔗E2H.
xxxxxxxx new stub
Table of Contents
++++ pad-configurable rewrites ("replace pad")
→ 🔗replace !
also, support linking custom replace pads
like style is right now.
this is going to be so awesome
simple mvp → a system pad with statements like:
results in assigning the specified div name
you can then CSS the thing
!!! support in-e2h reformating ("e2h rewrites"), like:
A) "<<<.*?\n", "lcomment" ....... would pack the line in a div, that could be styled then from css! very powerful!
B) other examples ???
+++ new rewrites: venn diagrams
== groups/sections in graphviz !
++ new rewrites: charts
+++ new rewrites: transclusion
+++ new rewrites: inserting media (audio, video, youtube, etc)
++++ work with bullets
make them appear same as "*" bullets (it actually looks much better)
also, ignore indents etc etc. whatever.
++++ work with indents
(don't fail, anyway)
+++ BUG: toc colissions
++++ report the etherpad bugs
see 🔗etherpad !
+++ BETTER UPLOAD that supports multiple files
+++ make REDIRECT pages
* 30x / REDIRECT
* 404 /
Standard syntax is kind of already there on many pages ("→ xyz").
++ all / per-query photo galleries (of uploaded)
++ kanban view for various todo pages
(like this one)
+ How to battle e2h vandalism?
Make a page studying approaches.
Implement a mvp
++ Kill cryptpad for HACC
make decision graph against using cryptpad !
~ ... Have e2h support cryptpad anyway??
++ ability to define all render characters in CONFIG
* alredy done: optional "edit" postfix
* !!! optional "internal link" prefix ... or "decoration", to have a wider term
* !!! same for external URLs !
* !!! how to display pods?
++ make audio work again (MAWA)
audio includes + deep linking worked.
make it work again!
* new zoom notes
++ MANUAL: set expectation of connection breaks
I got a system down / maintenance warning after the last edit and went into shock 🦜 ^^
I did not indend to remove anything Im still lacking behind learning eth sorry ._. but I'll have a break soon as The first re-reconnections came in
yes true - sometimes connection drops, especially if you edit a lot of pads at same time (>6 problems start, if you don't mess with your browser settings). which is fine, you just need to be used to it
if you don't touch the pad for a while, you just refresh (ctrl+R) before editing. it becomes routine.
+ pick up design (nice document <bret.victor)
~ auto / "smart" workflows
define more advanced content workflows ... example:
* "5 must confirm to have a page released"
++++ named internal links
syntax seems obvious, just use "|" !
+ "Suggest" mode MVP
(like on google docs - writing text that can be approved or disproved)
yeah, quite complicated
or is there some easy way?
++ permanent open hypothes.is
need to build own client !
++ "annotate" button (with hypothesis)
A) for all?
B) if you enter a "special" mode:
that improves all your links
C) in user profile, where you indicate this:
(with some cookie)...
+++ auto-sortable lists
(this document could be like this, as well)
++ etherpad API to support finer operations
* individual op transforms (+ a funcitonal explanation how to form them)
* appends-in-place (like, "above this character stream", or "on line X")
+ votable lists
(expansion of "auto-sortable lists", to have in-E2H modification)
ties to #narratives , is indeed #oldie
it's about different #sequences!
this will be amazing for stuff like HACC ...
where you have many suggestions brainstormed
then people could "vote" on them, bring them top/bottom
in a way, it's kind of like a "meta-ordinal-reddit", where on each level you can upvote/downvote ...
... could even include their "new/controversial/top/"... narratives
+ graph IDs & CSS styling
it should be easy enough to hack this:
* add unique hash (or something like this) as CSS style to every node, and its connections
* ... and also the name contents
* be able to style stuff better, based on CSS :)
* some form of "cycling" between the nodes, showing subsets of graph
* easier? "onhover" shows node + connections (and possibly, 1 level deep nodes too)
+++ BUG: toc colissions
example 🔗essential-oils .
++ include more HTML headers
* license info in code that's visible (CSS, js, ...)
* tougher CC in texts
* proper info in HTMLs
* at least basic SEO keywords ;-P
(??) for CHATTING to work inside pads...
* this is REALLY complicated for authoring !
* HOW IT HAPPENS:
you write a bunch of stuff
others close it
a) "mark all as read" - remove all past exchanges
b) google docs has it great, with issued-based stuff :/
c) start every line with <name>, then both end threads with OK
* next to normal anchors, also have TOC/numeric anchors (put them "just next" in code):
like "blabla#2.1" or something
* maybe use a reset css, like view-source:https://www.siviljstvo-alenka.com/reset.css :
also see 🔗css-reset-css
+++ config: make sure we're not running in dev mode
++ hack etherpad toolbar (in settings.json)
* link to read mode
* add general 🔗ethering info, like syntax info and cheat includes, etc
+ TOC "karaoke" (follow where you are in docu)
→ DEFINE JS WORK
++ DEFINE JS WORK
* TOC karaoke
* smart (approximate) anchor links
* hypothes.is client improvements
... could be handled as a task by a js wizard
... and included in 🔗todos !
+ fix audio & video tagging
+ better ability to reference lower ordinal items
* v2: better syntax for :
(this might demand/profit from not always rendering the site!)
(so A CACHE!)
* v3: partial referencing:
(or even without the symbol)
++ "DIV" bloc
a) directly expressed with syntax
b) could be supported with CSS tagging each paragraph !
+ "CHAT" bloc
a) directly expressed with syntax
b) auto-recognized, when specific signing syntax is used and "interlocking replies" happen
+ prevent directory access for file upload
v2: make it possible with another folder, which auto-links all except .htaccess !
++ notifications ... ability to subscribe per mail/RSS to updates
like http://www.guckes.net/cal/ alike to 🔗calendar
* Which other pages would benefit from this?
* What other "update" models, rather than "just mail the whole page", would make sense?
* Maybe posting updates to Twitter is fine too?
+ have conditionals ... "IFDEF"s basically:
* STORY 1:
I'm not sure if psyche pics are good for index.
People could vote for this and the vote would directly influence the design
If someone has a different priority however, the site is like they like it.
(??) relinking to local files (.txt):
* tailf logs, when clicked, gives a bunch of strange logs...
* redo logs for relinking!
* maybe this should actually be PYTHON??? NOT PHP???
++ Compatibility with Windows, Chrome, Ipads, Ebooks
* (Chrome on Windows) doesn't autofocus on main container, so arrow keys don't work without click
* (Ipad 2 7.0, Chrome & Safari) sidetoc fails completely:
* no TOC !?
* unrotated button
* kobo ebook:
fails TOC anchors
could have better page turns
(maybe media query for pgup/pgdn buttons)
#meanxy - like UI would obviously rock
* on newer ipads:
+ pull a pad-package (via pad list) from pod
= ("one way sync"):
++ UI: Improve general design and readability
* maybe limit .etherpad_toc to 80% height (middle of button)
* learn how to more easily pick up styles from other pages, and doc this!
* these look nice:
+++ UI: Styling on heading levels
EASY TO CAPTURE!
* sometimes only 2 spaces
* sometimes pushing with "***"
Eh - it'll be fine !
DOING THIS IN PYTHON ???
WHY THE FUCK PHP?
### cleanup this graph
++ Fixing "full circle" UTF8 !!!
(bold = verified)
* api export (in pad window)
* curl (as "curl https://pad.totalism.org/p/e2h-upgrade/export/txt")
* php in:
++ ... then supporting the "🔗" character links !
aka "THE RENDERED LINKS CHARACTER"
update: maybe this could be done with replace-rewrites
↓↓↓↓↓ unsorted ↓↓↓↓↓
++ cleanup the empty pads
etherpad seems to create a DB entry every time you access it
make a script that scrubs all those!
+++ make a "to top" TOC entry
(can be hidden out)
that's it, a "↑ ↑ ↑"
+ "rated" headers
click / ctrl+click
+ dnd frags in toc
remember middlemachine 2010 ...
++ tabulating (moving) between headers
... does anything else do this?
++ setup ethercalc
++ setup etherdraw
<-------------------------- (new) UNSORTED ↑↑↑
* todos from source !
* dcht00🔗__ E2H (and others) !!!
other engines: alike? alternative? competing?
lol, it's by condoleeza rice's dropbox. don't use that.
coming out of https://nwspk.com
feels a bit wrong, but okay
uses markdown in-HTML
<-------------------- (new) OTHER alike/competing ENGINES
cool & inspiring designs
* https://www.zku-berlin.org/people/ :
wow. I like the "Search" thing !!!!
what is this? bo
good for #ppt
looks trivial to impleme
nice auto-hide TOC from sidebar if not enough space
#gliagraph #alike #workflow !!!
i guess whole main site navigation could live on the LEFT like this!
(or, TOP on mobile)
(... even as SEVERAL ORDINALS / ACCORDEON)
nice typography, layout
definitely yes for theory, "long reads", etc
<----------------------------------- (new) cool & inspiring DESIGNS ↑↑↑
(Site generated by E2H, an "Etherpad hypermedia" project by @dcht00).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.