A manifesto/introduction for future cooperants.
If you are interested in partnering as en employer, see 🔗coop-works.
Last Updated: 2021-08-17
The Totalism Cooperative organizes very acceptable labour, to provide for the minimised subsistence costs of self-directed lives, typically within hackbases.
Via mapping great or at least 🔗non-shitty work-givers — progressive NGOs, academia, or companies, grants, etc — the cooperative finds & coordinates work that:
* is meaningful and ethical, done for progressive causes
* is an involving & learning experience, individually and for the collective
* meets consensus-established standards, serves common goals
* The need:
Hackbase life contributions are typically ~400€ / month.
There is a growing network of bases Europe-wide.
* Economics of mutual interest:
* Employers, the cooperative & cooperants harmonize on their wider goals.
* Labour compensation is typically set ~20€ per hour.
* Thus, cooperants need to work ~20h / month to sustainably live in a network of bases; the rest is freed up.
* (...only inside bases?)
More should abandon of typical rent relations.
There are a wide variety of bases, and similar spaces.
It's possible to participate in the cooperative from other, specific existing and stable living arrangements.
What we do
See → 🔗coop-works
Work for mutual goals
Employers, the cooperative, and cooperants harmonize on:
co-production and organizational culture,
political, social and environmental attitude,
supply chains responsibility,
Work within a consolidated network
The harmonization also considers associations and partnerships.
An organization's stated goals are pointless if they are serving unaligned organizations, at any level of recursion.
Work for less money
Makes work more accessible to aligned employers, and expands our pool of available meaningful work.
Share everything; reduce life costs.
Scale is more effective than replication.
We are encouraging the integration of 🔗coop-alike.
Small disjointed units, with redundant organizational workloads, are struggling within the existing market economy.
We prefer to see larger-scale integral cooperatives, towards increasingly autonomous economies.
Onboarding of new people is done as clear processes.
Organisational barriers that delay participation are minimized.
Work is deeply political
See → 🔗commonground.
Send a short introduction with —
* Current work or study status, and ideas about your future direction
* Skills & interests, or a CV
* General ideas about bases & cooperatives
— to email@example.com.
(Site generated by E2H, an "Etherpad hypermedia" project by @dcht00).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.