< PRE-DRAFT+ >
< #SYSTEMATIC >
A list of hacker / general technology / not-bad politics cooperative labour providers.
Institutionalized / non-institutionalized, worked owned co-ops, NGOs, fiscally sponsored hacker groups, etc. Part of 🔗coop investigations.
Edit page / Contribute:
Table of Contents
*** LIST OF LISTS
→ More or less not politically differentiated
→ Politically differentiated
* 🔗non-shitty has a part on (tech) coops, as well!
p2p-left thread (FB)
some systematics <varia <constant etc :
* https://etherdump.vvvvvvaria.org/publish/digital-solidarity-networks.raw.html <> https://pad.vvvvvvaria.org/digital-solidarity-networks :
→ 🔗hacker-tools !
"""Let's chat further on IRC, in the #digital-solidarity-networks channel"""
Discover the diversity of alternative economic projects that are growing and thriving in North America! This is a collaborative directory, a “Stone Soup” that brings together multiple databases from groups working on alternative economies under many names: the new economy, the cooperative economy, the solidarity economy, and more. Together we are the Data Commons Cooperative. We share our data with each other and the public to build a stronger base of information and grow our movements. Pitch in by joining the co-op. Fish out bits you don't want with our advanced search filters. Mmm, good soup!
<----------------------- (new) #LOL / LIST OF LISTS ↑
* techcultivation.org (CCT)
* new site preview: http://techcultivation.org/preview
* Docs (Sphinx): http://techcultivation.org/docs !!!!
* Redmine : http://issues.techcultivation.org/projects/cct-orga/issues?query_id=1
* #techcultivation on OFTC (needs SSL: port 6697)
* mailing list: http://lists.techcultivation.org/mailman/listinfo
* "Onion Space" office in Berlin (no site yet)
* Whitepaper : http://techcultivation.org/docs/cct-whitepaper.pdf
* http://techcultivation.org/docs/legal/cct-bylaws-en.pdf Bylaws in English
* http://gitlab.techcultivation.org/techcultivation/docs/blob/master/FAQ.md :
(not published yet)
* pads (historic discussions that spurred the project):
http://www.hacksalad.org/umbrella/index ("umbrella" pads)
* mailing list:
* #umbrella on OFTC
* http://cypherchaikhana.org/ :
"another project that came from Umbrella"
(site currently empty)
* fair.coop & freedom.coop (EU/global)
A very spread out system, with a lot of motion. Several entities and initiatives.
"A European Cooperative Society (SCE) that creates toolkits for self-management, self-employment, economic autonomy and financial disobedience for individuals and groups striving for fairer social and economic relationships. "
Has own currency (FairCoin) and seemingly quite a lot of capital.
* bits.coop (USA)
http://bits.coop +substack !
* Enspiral (NZ/global)
Also see http://p2pfoundation.net/Cobudget
enspiral has "members"
"you can work on the biggest issues of our time, and get paid well for it"
"Life mission: transform capitalism into a generative planetary force"
→ lol ok dude!
* CIC (Catalonia)
CIC (Cooperative Integral Catalonia)
* integral revolution
* internal accounting model
* (was presented at CoopCon, see notes there!)
* Igalia (Spain)
Free Software consultancy with headquarters in Spain and developers all around the world.
We work on a bunch of cool projects, including but not limited to browsers, compilers, graphic drivers and the kernel.
Outside of work, we do a bunch of cool things around ecology, decentralization, sustainability.
(Argentina Soverign Tech Coop scene)
via tweet by Outlandish (London) @ https://twitter.com/outlandish/status/1395423028427825154
* https://twitter.com/outlandish ... https://outlandish.com (3500) ... "A tech co-op building websites, campaigns & data tools to make the world a better place. We also run
* https://twitter.com/space4coop (London) : "Home of digital co-operation: coworking & events space in Finsbury Park, hosting coops & other socially positive organisations. Sign up to our newsletter" (1500)
"Somos una Cooperativa de Trabajo dedicados a la innovación tecnológica. Nos motiva trabajar en proyectos que vinculen arte, tecnología y comunidad."
(Buenos Aires, ARG)
#IA² #InteligenciaArtificial #IAalservicioDeLaComunidad #MachineLearning #SoberaníaTecnológica #IALatinoamerica
Federation of soberania cooperatives Argentina:
https://twitter.com/facttic (2500, since 2012)
"Federación Argentina de Cooperativas de Trabajo de Tecnología, Innovación y Conocimiento, un espacio para el intercambio y el fortalecimiento."
* https://twitter.com/AltCooperativa (300) ... https://www.altcooperativa.com ... "Alternativa Laboral Trans, una cooperativa de trans y no binarixs."
* https://twitter.com/FiqusCoop (1000) ... https://fiqus.coop ... "Una cooperativa de desarrollo de software comprometida con la tecnología de punta, el software libre y el trabajo en equipo."
* https://twitter.com/nayracoop (200) ... "Cooperativa de trabajo formada por programadores y artistas dedicada al desarrollo de sistemas interactivos de calidad, confiables y dinámicos" (Argentina) https://nayra.coop
* https://twitter.com/eryxcoop ... "Somos una cooperativa de software, dedicada al desarrollo e ingeniería de sistemas brindando soluciones informáticas de una manera ágil y eficiente." ... https://eryx.co
* "Somos una cooperativa de trabajo. Nos dedicamos a la comunicación de manera integral" (Argentina) ... https://twitter.com/elmaizalcoop
* https://twitter.com/gcooplibre (3500) Free software coop
* https://twitter.com/CoTechUK (800) "Building a tech industry that's better for its workers and customers through co-operation, democracy and worker ownership. Come join us! #coops #techforgood" ... United Kingdom ... https://coops.tech (est 2017)
(Berlin precarious unions scene)
* Collective Tools (SWE/global)
Wouldn't it be possible for organisations to pool their resources in order to run secure and user friendly cloud services without relying on big tech? That was the question that we, Petter Joelson, long time entrepreneur and web strategist for civil society organisations and Andreas Jonsson, climate and social justice activist, asked ourselves in 2018.
When we met Trebor Scholz a few months later and heard about platform cooperativism as an exciting new business model for internet companies, the structure of Collective Tools fell into place.
nextcloud + rocket.chat + deck
several plans, basic:
- Recommended for networks of up to 50 people or workplaces with up to 10 users.
- 40 GB SSD, 2 vCPU, 4 GB RAM, 20 TB traffic and daily backups.
connected to https://digidemlab.org/
* La Zona (Catalonia)
"La Zona": Creating an Alternative to Large Online Retailers
To counter the negative impact of this trend, several cooperative businesses from Catalonia under the leadership of the Opcions cooperative are planning to join forces to create a cooperative sales platform called "La Zona" - or "the area" - which they envision will become a local, ethical and sustainable alternative to large online retailers like Amazon. It's set to be ready by summer of 2021.
<---------------------------------------- (new)! ↑↓
"union of cooperatives with anticapitalist values" !
* "Umbrella" loose group, mostly @ CCC events:
* (CCT came out of this effort)
* especially http://meep.pads.ccc.de/umbrellaCTS
* previous meeting notes!!! :
* http://publicsoftware.eu/ :
founded by Simon Phipps (of Sun & OSI fame) and Andrew Katz (of Solderpad Hardware License fame)
a "Community Interest Company", see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_interest_company
* http://commonsconservancy.org/ :
founded by NLnet, headed by Michiel Leenars
interesting solutions, for example:
* "shared asset forking"
* "project hibernation, graduation"
[00:55:20] <substack> I also know people at http://tableflip.io/ and http://fairydust.agency/
* Idea - "Open Source Hackers Cooperative" (2009):
* also includes "Community members, who use the software, test it, and contribute patches" (so a hybrid coop)
* also see comments!, pointing to:
* some dead links (mail sent)
* http://irq7.fr/ :
* This post ( http://www.facebook.com/groups/p2p.open/permalink/907767079267472/ ) mentions:
* [...] ###
* Jubilee @Brussels !:
"Made in China. Done Right".
Nov 10, 2015
Assembly is shutting down Dec 6th https://assembly.com We're grateful to all who supported us & sorry for any inconvenience this causes.
* GuiFi mesh network:
* https://criticalengineering.org :
they do workshops!
* hackers without borders e.v. ?:
* http://hf.cx/coop/ :
startupish stuff, to a very limited extent some sort of a "hacker/founder coop"
* http://www.chaos-consulting.de/ :
(via 33c3 assembly)
### ( 2019-... )
i'm co-founder of ko-lab.space, and another co-founder is manager in ecoso.be and thus good links and did some projects together like tools-library and such
EXAMPLE OF TWO SERVICES:
* 1) Bulk purchasing by 40% of population in Finland !!! :-O:
"""OP Group-buying platform enables businesses to sell products to OP members. The more members there are that place an order for a product, the cheaper the price gets for everyone."""
* 2) Easy Biz:
"""The commission is 5% for the first 30 000€ billed per year. It does the accounting and taxes, allowing the self-employed to focus on their work."""
* THIS REALLY SHOULD BE UNIVERSALIZED !!!
"Co-ops of the near future could find themselves asking less what they can do for their members and more what their members—and potential members—can do for each other.”
Great quote ! #solidarity
nextcloud + discourse instance
CommonsCloud is a project to contribute, from Catalonia, to the consolidation of a commons ecosystem, based on the principles of community self-management, ecological, economic and human sustainability, shared knowledge and replicability. It should meet social needs, especially those that are not attended or insufficiently served by the market.
EventInfra supports non-profit/community-run events by providing network infrastructures.
Stichting EventInfra is an open project that is founded by members of Stichting Bitlair, the hackerspace in Amersoort (NL). EventInfra supports several EU-based tech-events by providing loans for networking equipment.
Looking for a network infrastructure for your event? Tell us about your event.
The Mondragon Corporation is a corporation and federation of worker cooperatives based in the Basque region of Spain. It was founded in the town of Mondragon in 1956 by graduates of a local technical college. Its first product was paraffin heaters. It is the tenth-largest Spanish company in terms of asset turnover and the leading business group in the Basque Country. At the end of 2014, it employed 74,117 people in 257 companies and organizations in four areas of activity: finance, industry, retail and knowledge. By 2015, 74,335 people were employed. Mondragon cooperatives operate in accordance with the Statement on the Co-operative Identity maintained by the International Co-operative Alliance.
AORTA is a worker-owned cooperative devoted to strengthening movements for social justice and a solidarity economy. We work as consultants and facilitators to expand the capacity of cooperative, collective, and community based projects through education, training, and planning.
rates → http://aorta.coop/rates/
not a coop i think
german coop ???
no idea what this it ???
also see https://wiki.ljudmila.org/Storitve
via +mirsal i think !
looks like a great #linux #selfhosted project
Shows how the creation of an idealized image of the Mondragon cooperatives is part of a new global ideology that promotes cooperative labor-management relations in order to discredit labor unions and working-class organizations.
This is the first critical account of the internationally renowned Mondragon cooperatives of the Basque region of Spain. The Mondragon cooperatives are seen as the leading alternative model to standard industrial organization; they are considered to be the most successful example of democratic decision making and worker ownership. However, the author argues that the vast scholarly and popular literature on Mondragon idealizes the cooperatives by falsely portraying them as apolitical institutions and by ignoring the experiences of shop floor workers. She shows how this creation of an idealized image of the cooperatives is part of a new global ideology that promotes cooperative labor-management relations in order to discredit labor unions and working-class organizations; this constitutes what she calls the "myth" of Mondragon.
<--------------------- (new) general orgs ↑
(not cooperatives, maybe related)
some "freelance" sites, like:
<--------------- (new) not cooperatives, maybe related
(Site generated by E2H, an "Etherpad hypermedia" project by @dcht00).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.