A study of where it might be beneficial to legally reside, get paid for labour, etc.

    20160504 first draft @squatconf
    20161105 umbrella review
    20191210 moveover @cht7a (arrecife taller)
    20200720 touch
    20210818 touch

Ties to:
    * 🔗coop — "where to base the hacker coop so € extraction works well, legal protection of work, etc"
    * 🔗hacking-housing-pad — "where to build hackbases given legal context"
    * XXX🔗healthcare:
        [!!*] publish asap
    * XXX🔗byro-slo — some Slovenia specifics
    * XXX🔗extrabody
    * XXX🔗byro-be
    * ###


    * Health Insurance

Costs? Coverage?
    * EU seems pretty integrated.
    * Slovenia: 25€/month if unemployed + 25€ for "additional" (currently private)

    * Corporate / business matters

Corporate tax, incorporation, financial management, control structure framework ("cooperatives" etc).

    * Labour taxation

Get paid with paying less taxes, or pay them to a place that would spend them better.

    * ... in country of residence
    * ... outside of this country in general
    * ... outside of this country in specific other countries

    * Available public funds
    * unemployment
    * grants (art / startup / education ...)
    * [...]

    * Address registration
    * (do you even need one?)
    * Urbanism/house law ("what can you build", etc)
    * how to obtain?
    * how to continue continue having it?
    * Do you need a mail address?
    * What happens if you register as "homeless" where are they gonna send your mail to?
    * are there countries where everything works digitally or by Email and you don't need a Mail address for physical Mail?

<----------------- (new) CRITERIA ↑



Either investigated, or todo !!!

    * First limit this to EU:
        ... because otherwise it's going down the rabbithole of how to get residency permits in countries

    * Look at specific countries (or even, smaller jurisdictions):
        ... maybe they are especially beneficial for certain objectives

    * Look for incentives & open invitations
maybe somebody would be happy to have us? :-D

    * ###


* Spain / Canary islands
    * Have to register for DNI after 90+ days
    * Special tax (no VAT) + special economic zones
    * ???

check fines:
    * per license plate
    * per DNI/NIE

* Slovenia


* Germany

    * "We have a lot of problems going to ~Treptow to fix our documents"
    * It's very important to (and how to) receive mail
    * Pau experience with healthcare
    * ###

* Belgium

Simple vzws are very powerful.

See 🔗extrabody & XXX🔗extrabody !
Also XXX🔗d-artistcard

    (paying people)



Quite informative about rights & duties

<------------------------------(new) Paying people in BE

* Portugal

(+ww has some info) [!]

* Estonia
    * they have this e-residency
    * http://www.vice.com/read/estonias-e-residency-program-is-the-future-of-immigration
    * "For example, e-Residency would allow an Indian entrepreneur to establish an Estonian company that he runs from Singapore to serve clients based in Germany. He'd also be able to use his digital signature to sign contracts with customers throughout the European Union. All of it would be done online, remotely, and completely hassle-free. http://www.leapin.eu/articles/e-residency"
    * [...]


* community land trusts (CLT)


* marrying people to (get/give) documents

Tanja Ostojić — "Looking for a husband with EU-Passport"

There was an art project (exhibited in Contemporary Gallery in Slovenia) about this.
[!] find, link

* double taxation problem

(with some combinations of countries) - if you are earning money?

<---------------- (new) ideas / trajectories ↑

*** PAD

[!] "Bureocracy" as one of the top infrastructures... 
@@tech-tree [M!]

Voting in EU (when abroad, etc)

If you are a resident, you can do it!

this was a voting calculator
(seems to me Slovenia has the most left-eco parties)


    * it seems some countries citizens can be paid directly ("by contract"), like SLO ?
    * ... while others might need a sole proprietorship / "one man company", like DE or NL ?

... Work in Germany !
    * (<gamambel) ~ "you don't need SP to do creative work... web design OK, web development more difficult"
    * for most "jobs" if you want to freelance you have to register as 'individual entrepreneur' (Einzelunternehmer)
but that's a simple formality and takes like 10 minutes + 30 euro, something like that
    * [...]
    * "you also need an office space i think? my friend at KuM has a problem with this as he'd need to somehow re-classify part of his house and somehow that's rough"
    * http://www.expatica.com/de/finance/Tax-and-freelancers-in-Germany_100950.html
    * http://www.sympat.me/how-become-freelancer-germany/
    * [...]
Also see CHT🔗KKM !

[M!] the case of fair.coop


"pay taxes somewhere where they are spent better"

some places have participative budgeting:
    * https://decide.madrid.es
    * decidim @barcelona
    * general → https://decidim.org/
    * [...]

[!!] redo page: rename, reorganize, merge in


[!!] Exceptional travel documents (on example of Slovenia)
(D used in CHT7D)

* Costs about 50€, sent to any normal address
* One-time use
* ###

[!!] Temporary residence (EU, on example of Slovenia)

* You're supposed to do it if you leave for longer than 3 months.
* They seem unclear how this might work for nomads
* costs ~3€
* what are the limits??

<----------------------------------- ((new))