hacc HAPPENING RIGHT NOW:
EVENT DAY 3 19:00 MEET AT KOMONA INFO/BAR

WE ARE AT KOMONA (IN FRONT OF ZELT 2 / MINIBAR)
We are going together to a new location. Waiting until 19:20.
We are @"CRANE LOUNGE" hall3 - near Borg (it has a giant crane)

IF YOU ARE LOST:
* Seth Contact: seth@hasi.it / DECT 7384
* call +38640554854 
* Ask here! [...]


____________________
____________________
____________________

    Next pad: https://pad.totalism.org/p/hacc-2
    Read Version of this Document: https://e2h.totalism.org/e2h.php?_=hacc
Are we only supposed to add new stuff to hacc-2 pad???
+ That would be my question, too!

Hackers Against Climate Change @35c3
[discussion session]

REVISIONS:
    2018-12-29 23:56

___________________________________

<--------------- (new) ADD NEW UNSORTED INFO HERE

Group on "General infos and individual scale solutions"
Notes from Session: https://pad.totalism.org/p/general-climate-change




Read Version of this Document: https://e2h.totalism.org/e2h.php?_=hacc
35c3 Wiki: https://events.ccc.de/congress/2018/wiki/index.php/Session:Hackers_Against_Climate_Change


Meetings at 35c3:
    #1: Day 1 17-18 @ Room 14-15
    #2: Day 2 @M3
    #3: Day 3 (Dec 29), 19:00, Komona Assembly K2 
    #4: Day 4 (Dec 30), 14:00 @ M1 (Together with the XRebellion Session)



Document format definitions:
    * open questions are marked by using three questionsmarks afterwards ("???")
    * [...]







COLLECTING CONTACTS

"add me to some sort of a list".

A) SUBSCRIBE TO MAILING LIST
https://hacc.uber.space/mailman/listinfo/hacc

B) WRITE YOUR NAME HERE
* Rainer (one of the core organizers of B&B, from FIfF, present at congress)
* David (https://wiki.hackerspaces.org/hackbase, http://totalism.org/ hackbase @ Canary Islands)



*** Day 1 / 2018-12/27 17-18h @ Seminar room 14-15



will project list appear here?:
    i hope the person who was doing original notes posts them here :) +1
    they're posted here: https://events.ccc.de/congress/2018/wiki/index.php/Session:Hackers_Against_Climate_Change
    they will be merged to this pad later, I believe. :)


(Each of the following points is from a person in the room, more or less literally written down. Sometimes I couldn't reconstruct the person's entire comment or the URL. Different points might be from the same person.)





*** Day 2 / 2018/12/28 18:30-19:30 @ Lecture room M3

Location : https://events.ccc.de/congress/2018/wiki/index.php/Room:Lecture_room_M3


Proposed structure

Discussion format: Fishbowl (max 7-8 people in inner circle, guest chair)
Voting modality: (Dis-)Approval voting


Topics to discuss

(1st order of business, to get this out of the way)


Did anyone manage to go to the other events (12 Characters, XRebellion)?




Long-term projects within the CCC

At the "tuwat" meeting early 2018 a working group called "Resources and Recycling" was founded.  We were just 4 people but we are looking to attract participants in 2019.  We will be at CCCamp and also at another summer camp (still in planning).  Please add your email address below if you want to be added to our mailing list:



Questions for today!!!




<----------------------------------------------- making notes here


How do we produce this in the future?
What do we do next?
What do we do with this group?
Does a group like this exist, if not, are we this group?

(q)
#competence
Is there somebody with experience of moderating big groups?

"i would like to form smaller groups according to special topics"
yes - let's do this


List of existing climate-related projects
:
    * hack for climate
    * "microsoft AI for earth" - is there more info available than the press relase from 2017? (https://blogs.microsoft.com/on-the-issues/2017/07/12/announcing-ai-earth-microsofts-new-program-put-ai-work-future-planet/) - isn't that just a PR-campaign?
    * Here's how to make a "Feinstaubsensor" from Bits & Bäume this year: https://media.ccc.de/v/bub2018-153-feinstaubsensor_selbstgebaut
    * CHT hackbase in Lanzarote, Canary Islands [hackbase research in micro-subsistence, renaturing and coexistence]
    * Saving Ecology with Data - First Steps

<--------------------- (new): ADD EXISTING CLIMATE RELATED PROJECTS

https://pad.totalism.org/p/hacc-climate-neutral-ccc-pitch

LET'S FORM WORKGROUPS !!!

  (GROUP 1: WORKFLOW)
how to collaborate on this topic? how to organize this?
TO CONTINUE IN THIS DIRECTION, MAIL david@middlemachine.com


Contact X to join climate camps, etc.
"Climatecamps in DE, etc, to both live together, sustainably, but also direct action against climate-change causing infrastructure - coal power plants, etc."
CONTACT: kound@posteo.de


https://bits-und-baeume.org/de are a good event in Germany to bring hackers together with climate activists


  (decision to form group)
Let's form "HACKERS AGAINST CLIMATE CHANGE GROUP"
(To sustain it beyond just this event!)
GROUP DECIDES: YES
---------------------------------------------------
shortened? alter name ideas?:
    * HACC? (pronounced: "hacc with double C")
    * HAC? (... "hac with one C")
    * climate change = climate disaster
    * Haccers !!
    * so sad, if one defines him/herself from what he/she hates
    * it isn't sad if somebody defines himself by being against bad things. It doesn't make him good though
    * HAF Hacking for a sustainable future.
    * MSC = More sustainable Congress/Camp


question: who is the contact person? -> see 1st line of this pad


Set up workflow systems!
Please contact david@middlemachine.com
* Mailing list to be created<-------
* "NO TOOL DISCUSSIONS RIGHT NOW"


Use and related to bits & bäume!
#alike




  (GROUP 2 "FUTURE ASSEMBLY" aka "next congress ideas):

    * have an assembly at 36c3
    * ... with a stage !!!
    * climate neutral conference evaluation
    * [...]

mail blipp@mailbox.org

To split in 2 groups ? Assembly + stage | Climate neutral conf:
      * GROUP 2A: ASSEMBLIES AT EVENTS:
        work: stage, activities, etc
        next CCC camp!, 36c3, other CCC events

      * GROUP 2B: MAKE 36c3 A CLIMATE NEUTRAL CONF:
        co-ordinate with CCC orga


"One thing that works is DEGROWTH mindset - naming bad companies etc"
"an existing issue of finding out "WHO OWNS CLIMATE CHANGE" is organizing data sources"
"it's an IT challenge"
(idea related to #bds)


For a climate neutral conference: There was last year a talk (in German):
    https://media.ccc.de/v/34c3-8741-treibhausgasemissionen_einschatzen#t=1931
    We are talking about 100 kg CO2 per person, which seems feasible to compensate. The emissions are mostly coming from traveling which I would exclude.
    I would perhaps prefer in the first year a voluntary model so that everyone can decide during the booking to compensate or not. This should be a no-brainer and we don't need discussions about higher ticket prices that are perhaps not affordable for everyone. Model similar to atmosfair.
    Other questions are: Can we change the power provider? At which points can we make the congress more efficient? Must the food area in the winter under one layer of glass?

The Camp should be more easily to get some power from sun. But in my eyes it's more important to use this to share knowledge so that the people installing more PV on the homes and companies.


Comments here:
    Isn't that meeting a good model of the world/humanity/politics in these days (it is just that nobody really has a plan and we don't even know how to develop one)



  proposed group #3: "DIRECT ACTION PROJECTS"
ri.co@posteo.de



  proposed group #4: "DATA, REPRESENTATION, ARGUMENTATION, NUMERICS"
I copied the content of the notes below to the new pad, so this pad can be "archived"
https://pad.totalism.org/p/hacc-2

idea // shape a vision
"how to take data as value to force politics going in another direction"
Data -> Values -> Argumentation

i am interested in this a lot - david@middlemachine.com

"I work in UN climate negotiation, and advise governments"
slahoztheuer@cantab.net


"sometimes claims are made, but is it real or fake news"?
"could this be solved, calculated inside a group?"
------
david: i think this is part of #representation
seth wants to cite ... Tom Murphy, a california ballpark physisict with simple tools?
https://dothemath.ucsd.edu

There is a project about open educational resources. It was presented at the Bit&Bäume conference. Maybe it's a good statring point, a resource for ideas or cooporation partner
https://media.ccc.de/v/bub2018-192-offene_bildungsmaterialien_oer_fur_die_umweltbewegung
https://open-educational-resources.de


Proposal for after fishbowl:
    * work on answers to the questions stated above or other questions brought into the discussion
    * mark open questions with "???" see above (line...83)


when we establish a communication channel:
    please have some way to present yourselves
    --> is this related to social media in any way or like a home / wiki page?
we will decide about this with group #1 above (workflow). contact david


project idea: "Reverse engineering of a plants life "
Managing the future with climate change
contact: Ludovic Delafontaine (ludelafo on Telegram)


(suggestion for mini projects)
people should work closer with hackerspaces!
contact hackerspaces.org spaces - for example leipzig dezentrale would be happy to be in contact!
Work with electronics , sensors, PCB
(Citizen science)


workgroup: summarize science research in a simple 
Open publication platforms
Data interpretation


group proposal: "OTHER COLLECTIVES / COMMON STRUGGLE"
* find and list them
* ask them how we, as a specific group, could help them?
etc

Find creative kinds of data repräsentation:
    * Hockey-stick curve as an animated LED-Strip
    *3d prints for haptic understanding of complex stuff
    *....

Hackers as a part of the problem? (Gadgets, gear acquisition syndrome and such)
Hackers also as part of the solition. (Where does our money (pension fond) go?)

summary: (always at the bottom!!!)

1.st:
    * some groups were built
    ** Future Assembly
    ** MAIN
    ** Direct action projects
    ** Data gathering, statistics etc.


2.nd:
    * LOOK AT THE WIKI!!! <- add notes from these sessions for historic
    * make a mailinglist and pads from this


Continuing talks:
    Gather previous CCC talks on this topic!
    (And previous initiatives at CCC Camp, etc)
    What existing activists want from hackers? (See above)
    [...]


Planning NEXT:
    Talk about hacking ecology and collecting data - 17:00
    Meeting day3 - 18:30 for internal , 19:00 general
    @Komona next to the bar
    Break out in smaller groups that self organise.





*** Day 3 / 2018-12/28 19:00 @Komona (meet at bar)


wiki page still relevant !

earlier: 
    meet up of other group "hacking ecology"
    https://pad.totalism.org/p/hacking-ecology


day4 , 2pm @M1 "extinction rebellion non-violent direct action"
group proposal: "representation politics / eu election co-ordination"


group proposal: "live sustainable in our private lives"
controlling thermostats, ethical software and hosting, hackbases, ...




Now Break Out in Groups Until 20:15






GROUPS : WORKFLOW/COLLOBRATION & REPRESENTATION/DATA/MEDIA

A) WORKFLOW

* one pad [xx]
* mailing list (seth)
* [...]

proposals:
    * chat:
        IRC freenode/hackint #hacc
        telegram / slack
    * "mediawiki"
    * check loomio & "notion"
    * [...]






B) DATA, REPRESENTATION, ...

* wind energy systems
* "the grid" - electricity map
* visualizations about the grid


* collect sources of information:
    where is data coming from, available, ...
----------------
#tomerge with other sessions


* journalists and media could publish this
it would be open-editable & CC


* 🔗representation-systems𝌡 and media
ozone vs CO2


for assembly:
    * 2 projectors
    * show cool visualizations all the time
    * this groups collects and curates them:
        COLLECT - DOCUMENT - CURATE
    * also memes ?!


(Of this group)
"""
TO COLLECT - DOCUMENT - CURATE
TO CONVINCE, RAISE AWARENESS, [and provide reproducible convincing]
"""


qqq: What is the audience? #LIST OF AUDIENCES


qqq: Why are people not convinced?
"it's affecting everyone ... if not directly, then indirectly"


have BEAMERS AND A LOT OF VISUALIZATIONS
ATTRACT PEOPLE TO CONTRIBUTE AND CURATE
HAVE SYSTEM FOR THAT, THAT WORKS EASILY without extra effort !!!


* to convince WHAT:
    * "to convince also THAT THERE IS STILL A CHANCE"
    * [...]
    #LIST
"""
    * there is a problem
    * it can be solved
    * you have to do this
"""


IPCC SCENARIOS


"I was working with fake news ..."
"we started to develop knowledge management group for news"
check: memex browser extension


day 4 @ 3pm room 14-15
"memex" browser extension ...


we need hardware infra:
    * USE HACKERSPACES.ORG
    * [...]


HACC AS A SERVICE
offer our skils to aliied groups scinetsit, demo, journalists etc


use stack overflow ?
use it for climate change ARGUMENTATION 
in DIFFERENT LANGUAGES
with tim at aldea-digital de


list of all SYSTEMATICS


linked data stuff


information appropriation action
psychological means etc
methodological tools to act together
INFORMATION DESIGN
.... emillian





* [...]

bruno.pace@gmail.com






<-------------------------------------------------(new)(now)
Awesome-list inspired by HACC to collect and inform the hacker community on tech projects, causes and innovations in climate change - hoping to inspire immediate and disruptive technological climate action.
Need your help! https://github.com/daviddao/code-against-climate-change

Day 4 orga meeting

https://pad.totalism.org/p/hacc-4

Precious plastic: https://preciousplastic.com/

Resources and Recycling: Fraxinas (fraxinas@schaffenburg.org) from Aschaffenburg already talked to the CCC -> get into contact

______________please write only above this line :) _______________
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)




(Site generated by E2H, an "Etherpad hypermedia" project by @dcht00). Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.


Edit Site

Edit CSS