Haccers, Welcome to 36c3 !
Meeting notes day 2 @ boredeom: https://pad.pad.land/p/hacc-day2
Table of Contents
At 35c3, "Hackers Against Climate Change" (HAAC) was a series of self-organized sessions.
Hackers discussed "climate change", and tried to figure out how to organize around the issue.
-> Wiki: hacc.wiki
-> Pads Index: 🔗hacc-index
At 36c3, HACC seems to have consolidated around the about:future assembly.
It is a general focal point to the various activities related to the topic that are announced to happen at 36c3 - talks, projects, self-organized sessions, etc.
-> Congress 2019 Wiki: here
-> Main Site: 🔗hacc-index
Organizations (add yourself)
* about:freedom = straight at entry to CCL
* bits & baume = event
* c3sus = "c3 sustainability"
People (add yourself)
* Raphael = @36c3 built a table for educational purposes & made a "hacc.wiki" sticker!
* Blipp = about:future coordination
* david/@dcht00 (wire, telegram, twitter) = caretaker of pads
* moep = DECT @ congress
LAST SIGNED OFF BY:
david, moep ~ 20191227 0:30
* (DONE) ORGA -- change about:future entry to add HACC:
create link to this (overview) pad & link to hacc.wiki
* (DOING) ORGA -- check 35c3 wiki to see HACC mentions
Keep checking and improving!
* (DOING) meet and connect HACC people
* (DONE) make HACC sub-assembly in wiki:
* ADMIN -- fix hacc.wiki http redirect
by 20191227 03:10
https://hacc.wiki does not work
who is the domain manager?
make a dedicated "security" council & action group
* ORGA/ALL -- make 1-2 meetings a day to just coordinate?
* make sure we perform a protocol for what happens at this meeting
### TODO: 🔗hacc-protocols
* WORK -- translate pages of related projects (DE->ENG)
for example: https://events.ccc.de/congress/2019/wiki/index.php/Assembly:Bits_%26_B%C3%A4ume_(B%26B)
* WORK/CONTENT -- make a lot of HACC pages @ 36c3 wiki:
* individual 36c3 wiki "Project" type pages for HACC projects
See Projects on hacc.wiki .
* CONTENT -- make specific new HACC self-org sessions:
* (david) protocols for hacc - see 🔗hacc-protocols (###TODO)
* CONTENT/WORK -- improve "Related events" page (Fahrplan) of " about:future " (36c3 wiki):
make easier to differentiate/connect/relate/consider DE and ENG
* jointly overview and give mandate for the HACC Assembly wiki labels
* ORGA -- coordinate a daily coordination meeting:
1A) have a fixed time and place daily meeting:
you can set activity for minimum of 4PM
know what has to be done so it is PROPERLY ANNOUNCED
1B) work more on a realtime chat group:
telegram? wire? only mailing list?
* CONTENT/ORGA -- coordinate HACC specific self-organized sessions
*** Q FOR ALL
What do we want to do here?:
* revisit materials from 35c3
* meet the same people and new people
* hear optional updates from people:
a) people who were there before (at 35c3)
b) new people
* continue improving the workflow for:
a) AT events
b) NOT AT events:
* have ways to overview materials
* COLLECT SOURCES & PERSPECTIVES
* Create a possibility to face any composition of differing perspectives, informations, tactics, etc
* Make sources more plausable and, somehow, ranked ("generally effective", "recent", "controversial", ...)
* Q FOR ALL -- What do we want from 2020?
"meeting climate targets"?
* [...] <------------- ADD NEW HERE
* Meeting notes 191227
- present: Max (developers4future), David, moep
running some infrastructure
nobody wants to do wordpress
you are trying sulu CMS, because it has a tree like backend, so it makes it easy to understand
scientists for future
people are everywhere
* mattermost to communicate
* have a server running support:
part of a big kubernetes cluster (in Berlin)
can also offer infra (instances!)
can also be used for experiments
trying matrix (as a solution for "chat fights")
trying mastodon server
involved in monthly meetup in berlin:
"Adult organisation" (meeting of different "for future" groups)
they are simply in a facebook group
janine organizes the international stuff
she tries to manage the webpage, collect the page data, etc
the data is, so, centralized and summarized
there is so many maps
how to make them:
allow for discovery ?
CROSSLINKING as a part of CONSOLIDATION
max proposes a "crosslinking schema" myb with json-ld
what E2H is missing:
2) person profiles
3) "it is more difficult to write in pads than in wiki":
1) NO GROUP WILL GET A CONSENSUS ON A TOOL
exp 1: "70 perc will say lets use tool A, and then some of them will use it. the other 30 perc will come and troll the tool, so they arent productive."
2) WE NEED A OVERVIEW OF DIFFERENT WAYS TO REACH AND REVISIT DECISIONS ABOUT TOOLS:
2A) NARROW DECISION TO EXACTLY 2 ALTERNATIVES.:
DECIDE ON 1 AND GIVE IT A TIME FRAME.
DECIDE ON HOW TO EVALUATE WHETHER IF IT WAS SUCCESFUL AFTER T.
IF NOT, HAVE A PRE-ESTABLISHED MIGRATION TO TOOL 2.
2B) TOOLS NEED EDITORS:
TAKE VOLOUNTEERS FOR EDITORS.
EDITORS CHOOSE THE TOOL.
"this is similar in companies. people sometimes sabotage tools they dont like."
*** DOING NOW !
1) Copy the same thing as last year (SESSION)
2) Set at date for Day 2 >andreas
3) Make a PROTOCOL for REVISITING (reprocessing/overviewing/...) PAST MATERIALS:
"First year is easy - just try to do a massive brainstorming ... second year is hard"
Parts / process / choreography:
A) General introduction of who was here before
B) New people
C) Forming workgroups around existing things + trying to expand to new groups
D) Inside the groups, revisiting (cleaned up) existing pads:
We need group leaders, who are ready to tackle the past materials !
Each group needs "one screen" action ?
E) Merge session back
START NEW WORKGROUPS:
* WG: Tools, Workflows, Processes
* IS NOT: only a discussion about "which tool is better"
* IS: an abstract discussion about how that would be evaluated !
* IS: a discussion of who:
* IS CURRENTLY using what
* ... or has so in the past
* ... or aspires to in the future
* discuss abstract matters about workflows
WRITE AN AGENDA !
CHANNELS for ANNOUNCING a common activity protocol (for andreas)
* make a 36c3 wiki page
* announce it on twitter (with tags)
* ... mailing list
* ... telegram group
* ... about future daily 9pm meeting (IRL)
* ... print posters ??? (at Digital Courage next to Food Hacking Base)
* ... about:future channels:
<---------------------------------------- (now)(new) above
(Site generated by E2H, an "Etherpad hypermedia" project by @dcht00).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.